orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 11, 14 12:39 AM
please post any technical problems here .....

Edited on 01/11/2014 at 7:51:27 AM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jan 11, 14 1:03 AM
The cabinet in the home of Blackbeard is still sparkling green. However, the Magic magnifier doesn't work. I used it, but when I backed out, I couldn't remove the items from the cabinet to get the blue shard of glass.
Glitch?
Thank you.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by greenshade on Jan 11, 14 3:38 AM
Did you knock off the two items (cup and flowers, if I remember) from the hamper? I was able to retrieve it after I did that.

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Jan 11, 14 5:19 AM
Twice so far I have gotten booted out the game and then access violation pops up. After the first one I checked if I needed updates and had none. I am running on a brand new computer bought in September so don't think it's the computer booting from the game. So far in two weeks every game but one I purchased has given me access violation. I guess if it does it again I will uninstall then reinstall and hope that helps. Really good game though otherwise.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 11, 14 5:44 AM
Sforet71 wrote:Twice so far I have gotten booted out the game and then access violation pops up. After the first one I checked if I needed updates and had none. I am running on a brand new computer bought in September so don't think it's the computer booting from the game. So far in two weeks every game but one I purchased has given me access violation. I guess if it does it again I will uninstall then reinstall and hope that helps. Really good game though otherwise.

I've had the same problem. Just got booted off for the second time. Agree that it is a great game and it's still worth playing despite the odd hitch.

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Jan 11, 14 6:01 AM
Well, here we go again. This time my inventory which I kept locked decided to disappear and nothing I could do could get the inventory list back up. Had to completely leave the game. Going back see if it fixed. Getting frustrated. Two weeks and nothing but games with problems. I have come to expect problems with SE games but CE games I would think for the price we would get one that didn't have problems.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 11, 14 7:50 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Great job getting the tech thread started orphaned!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by mkstobbs on Jan 11, 14 8:09 AM
i can t seem to access the first HOP (olivia's luggage) I did during the trial but since i've bought and paid for the game it is not reacting i've tried reinstalling but no luck

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 11, 14 8:17 AM
janspack wrote:
Sforet71 wrote:Twice so far I have gotten booted out the game and then access violation pops up. After the first one I checked if I needed updates and had none. I am running on a brand new computer bought in September so don't think it's the computer booting from the game. So far in two weeks every game but one I purchased has given me access violation. I guess if it does it again I will uninstall then reinstall and hope that helps. Really good game though otherwise.

I've had the same problem. Just got booted off for the second time. Agree that it is a great game and it's still worth playing despite the odd hitch.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 11, 14 8:18 AM
I have the same problem, too. Also the second time the game made problems

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jan 11, 14 9:56 AM
Like janspack, I also got booted, right after the train conductor talks to me.

ETA: I uninstalled, then reinstalled the game and it does the same thing. Oh well.

Edited on 01/11/2014 at 10:10:40 AM PST

msilva731
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by msilva731 on Jan 11, 14 12:32 PM
Also, games stopped twice with error and i am enjoying the game so will try one more time.

winterlyn
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by winterlyn on Jan 11, 14 12:42 PM
Mkstobbs. I had the same problem even after I re-installed so I signed in under a different player name and the HO game at Olivia's luggage showed up. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Jan 11, 14 12:55 PM
hi
and yet another game with the access violation
and not much help
i played the game for an hour and boom,i cant play no more

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 11, 14 1:26 PM
This game has some issues. I've been booted out with access violations no less than 4 times. I can go back into the game and start pretty much where I left off but it's aggravating to buy a toy that doesn't work properly even if you did get it on sale. I like this game but being thrown out repeatedly makes it lose its replay value. BF and Developer I think this one need some patches.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jan 11, 14 1:50 PM
I have also gotten booted out of the game and then access violation pops up. It was when I paid the paperboy-my inventory disappeared to.
I restarted the game and could go on.
No buy at this point

msilva731
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by msilva731 on Jan 11, 14 2:27 PM
In total it crashed three times, but again a very enjoyable game.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 11, 14 3:55 PM
Yep..same here. Keeps crashing and throwing me out of the game. Contacted "Tech" Support and sent Dr. Felix so they can tell me something's wrong with my computer and I need to change the settings on something. My computer is one year old and completely up to date. This should NOT keep happening with all the games they're churning out these days.

cevans
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cevans on Jan 11, 14 4:05 PM
Finished 95% of the game. I am in the buggy with the horse and have put the funnel and gunpowder in the lock. Can not light it with the burning fuse!? I have tried everything. The hint button shows me to do this, but it does nothing. I hope I have missed something. If not, this will be the 2nd CE game in two about a week that won't let me finish.

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Jan 11, 14 5:03 PM
same here with the fuse. Jut started a new thread so maybe someone will have an answer.

Go to: