bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Reviews For Botanica: Earthbound

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 12, 14 9:12 AM
Heya!

What do you think of Botanica: Earthbound? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Botanica: Earthbound page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

If you'd like to check out information and game hints on the Collector's Edition forum for this game, just click HERE.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews For Botanica: Earthbound

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 12, 14 9:12 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Jan 12, 14 8:49 PM
Whichever you choose, you’re getting a very impressive game. There’s so much that’s NEW and so much that’s new AND GOOD in Botanica: Earthbound. This game is an indication of the future of hidden object/puzzle/adventure gaming in my opinion. I’d give this 250 stars if they were available. The Fun Factor is off the charts.

This is just the beginning of my complete review of Botanica: Earthbound which you can find by pressing the avatar at the top of this page. I'd appreciate it if you'd please check out my review at the site. I spend a lot of time working on my reviews so I can give you an informative, fair and balanced rundown of the game.

I'd also appreciate it if you'd let me know here what you think of the review...either by PM or publicly. For some reason my review for this game received a high number of negatives and that means I'm missing the mark with my review. While I won't write a review just to get high marks, I do want to write a review in a way that is interesting, easy to read and helps you decide if you want the game and what to expect when you get it. Please feel free to suggest what you think I can do to improve my game reviews.
Thanks,
SFR8RFAN

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 5, 14 7:37 AM
well i am not impressed with this game!

the cursor is too small as are the h.o.s.

nothing new or exciting about this game imo

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Feb 8, 14 4:30 AM
Review after playing the whole game.

For me, this sequel didn't disappoint at all and I enjoyed it from beginning to end.

The graphics were clear, puzzles were interesting and the game wasn't overloaded with HO scenes in order to pack it out and make for a longer playing time.

The storyline was easy to follow, voiceovers were acceptable. I found nothing to dislike at all.

Boomzap have continued the theme of a very good game and I would be happy to purchase another in this series.

allibee4d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by allibee4d on Feb 8, 14 4:14 PM
Just finished playing the two Botanica games, and this one is slightly different from the first in actionable games. At first, I thought it wasn't as good as the first (which I highly rate), but realised that the Boomzap gamemakers - kudos to you folks - had just added an alternative dimension to the puzzling parts.

Again, I played this in hard game mode, although at times I wished I hadn't, it was generally quite an easy game. I LOVE HOGs, which is why I look at what type of game it is before I play - so guys, if you're not interested in HOGs, pick a different type of game! It's quite simple: it does what it says on the tin. I also like the fact that there are many interactive HOGs within both games - great stuff in my opinion

The storyline was really good, although there were some curious leaps of logic at times - but then this is a fantasy game, so what should I expect!? I also enjoy having some sort of pet/creature friend to help, but kept forgetting about them and they are key for some of the puzzles.

I spent 5 hours on this game, but as with the other Botanica game, I took long breaks in between. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would even like MORE HOGs! The map was very helpful, and the only clue you get if you're playing the hard version of the game.

Another fab little game from BFG and Boomzap - I do love you guys!

jfrrt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jfrrt on Feb 23, 14 12:44 PM
Bought this one without trying out the one hour...because I so enjoyed the first Botanica. I am not disappointed. The HOS are not the standard "click on it" and go on to the next one. There are several different kinds of HOS. I especially enjoy the one that tells a story as you find/assemble the object. Very innovative.
Some of the puzzles are difficult, some are easy peasy.
Also, interesting to switch back and forth between the main characters (not original, but fun)
Haven't finished yet, but wanted to post a review about what I have seen so far.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Mar 4, 14 9:41 AM
I played this game through a few times before I got it right. I'm not as impressed with this one as with the other game.
It was adventurous of course but it just didn't impress on me as much as the first.

Go to: