Suggestions for the developers

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by PTBT on Jan 12, 14 8:54 PM
The 1 hour wait for the HO scenes is unreasonable. I can do all of them in less than 10 minutes and then I have nothing to do for the remaining 50 minutes, so I leave the game. I will not spend 50 minutes hunting for the flowers, sorry.

Please reconsider the 1 hour wait time.

Thanks.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,306 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 12, 14 9:19 PM
I personally think it's reasonable, especially since I have to wait much longer with other similar games where I need to wait for my energy to fill up again, especially when I don't have any food left to use, and don't want to buy any more because it costs too much.
I much prefer it the way it's done with this game. Every HOS starts out wait a 2 1/2-minute wait, and then it's 5 minutes, 10 minutes, half an hour, and then 1 hour, which is the longest wait.

If you don't want to wait for an hour, you can buy instant play for 5 diamonds. Of course, it's done this way so you go and buy more diamonds with real money. But that's the whole point of these games, after all, that you want to continue right away and not wait, and so you are tempted to buy in-game stuff with real money.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Jan 12, 14 9:26 PM
Understood, Valdy. I have done all the quests and so only play once a day now. They aren't getting any money from me and I'm not wasting diamonds on opening up the scenes.

LynthePin
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by LynthePin on Jan 13, 14 2:19 AM
My one main gripe is when you have 2/3 items to collect or craft for one character and you need about 5 items from one HOS. Yawn yawn.

I know they want to "encourage" us to part with our real cash to speed things up, but encouragement can easily turn into frustration and make people stop playing.

Spread it out a bit, please!

And when are we going to be able to use the gift boxes?

Oh, one more thing - when crafting, there are bonus item spin reels which have all sorts of goodies on them. At least I think they have, I only get a few coins at best, normally I get diddly squat. Can you be a bit more generous, mmm??

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Jan 13, 14 3:38 AM
I agree LynthePin, this game will cost me a few years of my life, when we have to play the HOS over and over again to reach WHAT? I suppose I deserve a mention in The Guiness Book of Records, the guy that played Midnight Castle 10 years to earn nothing but grey hair and fear for HOS-games.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,306 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 13, 14 4:47 AM
I looked in the mirror this morning, and a stranger - much older than I - stared back at me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,306 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 13, 14 5:32 PM
I have a suggestion: Can Elephant Games please add a "delete" button to the "Friends" list.

After players have requested it, BoomZap have added one in their "Antique Road Trip" game, and I would like to see one in this game too.

LynthePin
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by LynthePin on Jan 14, 14 1:07 AM
1.More mini games.

Make some gruesome cocktails in the bar, build offensive snowmen with the Troll, play strip poker with Annabel, ( did I just write that out loud??) duel the iron knight, try out different hair styles on the chancellor,pin the tail on the dragon.....the list is endless. Just give us something to do in between HOS's.

2.The airship tower is obsolete for anyone still needing items for quests, so get rid of it.
Unless you turn it into a trading station. Exchange gold for items, swap items etc. but limit it to once a day perhaps.

3.Can we have a few more avatars? The choices are so limited. Perhaps with bonus features??

I do like this game and would love to see it improve.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,306 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 14 1:38 AM
I completely agree with number 2 and number 3 of LynthePin's post.

I sent the airship off twice fully loaded, but got little in return. And then the cargo was just too much, I needed it for my quests.

And I have now reached the stage where I can be ghost, but frankly, I don't care for that avatar or that of that snow queen or whatever is the last one. Also, too many of us all look alike. Spooky... LOL

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by batgirl25 on Jan 14, 14 12:33 PM
My suggestion for the game would be to add in-game mail like they have in Awakening Kingdoms and Antique Roadtrip. It is a very nice feature, especially when you have a quick question or just want someone to talk to.
I also agree with Valdy regarding adding a delete button for friends like there is in Antique Roadtrip-American Dreamin'. Some players leave the game and some players are named
"player" and it gets rather confusing.

Thank you.

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by IKacey on Jan 15, 14 12:39 AM
I really like the suggestion to make the tower a trading tower and do away with the airship. And more things to do between quests or a shorter recharge time when the quests send you to the same HOS sites for multiple items for several quests at the same time
I really like that each area has the info that tells you what you can find at the site but it would be nice if you could select which item you want to find. I have one site that I need 4 items from 2 each of something for two different quest items and it keeps giving me something different from those over and over. Really Frustrating when there is a half hour wait time to use the site each time. I think its right to put some money in the game but this is a bit much.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,306 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 15, 14 10:02 PM
What I don't appreciate is that in later levels in order to "drag the game out", 2 or more quests from different characters all need objects from the same place at the same time, and all the other places are kind of abandoned for the time being.

It would be much better gameplay and therefore much more fun if all the different places were used for the quests, and not just two and two of them, as I have been getting for the last several quests.

Example: There are 2 places, each needing 4 items to open for an object. And there are 2 HOS from which I can get them. And I have quests for 2 characters who need items from just those places.

The devs might think that's smart thinking, but it is not. It makes for frustration. So in the end, what's not good for the gamer won't be good for the developer in the long run. But that's just how I feel about it.

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Jan 15, 14 10:13 PM
I agree. I play a lot less when I have 3 tasks to complete and they all require the same items. I have to wait an hour to play the same HOS over and over again. It gets boring. I don't mind spending a bit of real money on the free to play games that I like. If the tasks were spread out between the HOS more it would keep me interested and playing and probably spending more money to do so. I would also love to have more mini-games to play while waiting, like the dice game and spin the wheel.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,921 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 16, 14 10:07 PM
I wish when we were gifting someone it would tell us how many of the item we have in inventory on the gifting screen. I don't know if I have 1 or 10 of an item. I hate that the friend list starts at A and doesn't scroll easily. If you have a name that starts with W or Z it's hard work to get to them. I wish the name of things would appear when I hover the cursor over them. I wish there was some kind of story instead of get me this, get me that. This is about the stupidest game I've ever played. I don't know why anyone would spend money on it, you're only going to do the same HO scenes over and over again. I've just spent 3 days on one task, everything is in the same scene.

I like the idea of the HO scenes recharging instead of power rebuilding, and I love being able to collect the flowers, but the rest of the game sucks, IMO.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,306 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 16, 14 10:12 PM
Shaggy, if you want to give away a particular item, and you are not sure how many you have, just look in your inventory before you gift someone. Unless it's items which I know I have lots of or don't need, I always first check to make sure it wasn't my last one I would give away.

And I agree about the slow way to get through the alphabet. And when I gift someone with, say, the letter "L", I wish that the list would not go all the way back to the beginning but let me continue from there on, and only go back to the beginning once I have gone out of the list.

ETA: Or, allow us to choose whether we want to scroll from A to Z or from Z to A. That would help as well.

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 10:40:41 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 17, 14 12:26 AM
I agree with a lot of your suggestions...and as a W, I do hope some of you take the time to scroll to the end, lol.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,306 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 18, 14 5:07 AM
Another thing to consider: I don't like being thrown out of the game, especially when I am in the middle of a HOS, because suddenly the internet connection isn't working for the game anymore. The connection is frequently lost, but I never lost it while in the game. No, I tell a lie. It did happen once, and I was also in a HOS at the time.

This happened in the first version, and it happens in this version.

ETA: Well, at least when I do get kicked out of a HOS, I can always right away get back in again, and don't have to wait an hour for it to work again.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 5:13:23 AM PST

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Jan 18, 14 7:52 AM
Some sort of map would be nice. Especially if it could also show if a HOS is ready in xx room.

Once a few more rooms open up, I will be so lost that a map will be a necessity, and not just a nice thing to have...

naranda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by naranda on Jan 18, 14 11:24 AM
Level 15 and getting boring. Too many quests from the same locations, friends not able to sacrifice inventory, not enough to do between re-charge times ie mini games, building etc, repetitive hos scenes.
Good points! No game crashes, missing $$, great graphics, new areas opening without 'coming soon'.

AnnaDownes01
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,880 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 18, 14 8:30 PM
I agree with Shaggy & Wolfenraindancer that it is a pain to go back to the beginning after you have gifted. I try to go through to the end & figure out what I have that I can gift. Trouble is all of us seem to need the same things & those who need different items are the items I haven't yet obtained.

I wish the inventory would tell us how much of each bag of food we have.

Go to: