Way too short

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Way too short

[Post New]by BP532 on Jan 13, 14 2:42 AM
I loved City of Fools. As this is a follow up, I had high expectations and enjoyed the concept. However, it was really short. I expected more cases. Too bad.

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

Re:Way too short

[Post New]by podette on Jan 13, 14 3:37 AM
Quite agree, was really enjoying the game then it was over.
Only played for 20mins after buying it then it was over. Very very dissapointed :-(

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jan 13, 14 6:42 AM
Can I ask where you got up to in the hour? I'm just (Spoiler) scanning the beach for the second time looking for bullets, I have the spring and the gun.

I'm tempted to buy but not if there's only another 20 minutes - do you not visit all the houses then?

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jan 13, 14 7:42 AM
Noooo. . . .nelliegemini, don't say that!!! As I was unable to play 'City of Fools' (wouldn't work on my computer), I was looking forward to this as being a possible substitute to make up for that, and now you're saying it's a short game?!? Oh SOB - and SOB - some more!!

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by hyperbole on Jan 13, 14 7:47 AM
nelliegemini wrote:Can I ask where you got up to in the hour? I'm just (Spoiler) scanning the beach for the second time looking for bullets, I have the spring and the gun.

I'm tempted to buy but not if there's only another 20 minutes - do you not visit all the houses then?

Unfortunately, you don't visit most of the houses. Sounds like your about 3/4 through the game. This really is a remarkably short game, especially when you compare it to City of Fools.

Edited on 01/13/2014 at 7:48:24 AM PST

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 13, 14 9:03 AM
I was thinking of trying this game out but after reading about it being so short, that stopped me right away!

What I don't understand is in reading about the game it says, "Solve puzzles and seek out clues in over 70 detailed scenes." 70 "Detailed" scenes? That doesn't sound like a game that can be finished in less then 2 hours, unless those Detailed scenes aren't really...Detailed. I said 2 hrs cause some have said, after finishing the Demo, 20 min.s later, they've finished the game. Oh and please, do not get me wrong, I'm not disputing what they are saying at all as after reading the comments, I have no desire to even try it, like it and finish it within a couple of hours! Or else ya'll are some awesome game players that can fly through a game! Lol~

I just don't get the, "over 70 detailed scenes"...and then finishing it so quickly. Is there a chance this game could have a glitch in it? I just said that because for me...70 scenes, detailed or not, is not a game that most can finish within a couple of hours.

Take care and thanks for bearing with me repeatly using that "70 number". Lol~

Edited on 01/13/2014 at 9:07:14 AM PST

[Post New]by catgold on Jan 13, 14 10:15 AM
I agree, I was so disappointed. Just like you I barely played after buying it. (after the hour). There were only 10 or so locations. I was enjoying it, too.

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Jan 13, 14 1:48 PM
i totally agree way to short ,not happy at all .the game just ended without all the houses,still had the gun but couldnt use it

rndtuet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by rndtuet on Jan 13, 14 4:46 PM
Loved City of Fools, was looking forward to this, glad I used a free coupon on this instead of actually paying for it. Way to short.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jan 13, 14 7:38 PM
Like the rest of you who posted here, I was really bummed when the game ended so abruptly. All I could say was "What happened?" I played The City of Fools forever it seemed, had to make a map to keep track of things, and enjoyed every hour of it. This game is just a real letdown. The ending was blah. As stated by others, we could not visit all the locations, no meeting loads of nutty people. Maybe the devs were in a hurry to go on vacation or just couldn't think of any more situations. What ever the reason, I am glad I paid with a free game coupon. Still, tho I am very disappointed.

Edited on 01/13/2014 at 7:38:48 PM PST

[Post New]by smocoz on Jan 13, 14 7:55 PM
I am glad to hear that I was not crazy. I think this is the shortest game I have ever played. I played City of Fools and that was a great game with good playtime. I really was quite disappointed.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jan 14, 14 12:58 AM
Is the top right hand corner of the map ever revealed? I just suddenly wondered if this is the SE of a CE and that is why it's so short - you don't get the whole game.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Jan 14, 14 1:05 AM
what?? that was it? why do i feel so ripped off even tho i used a free game coupon? did they not finish this game?

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jan 14, 14 1:26 AM
grabit2 wrote:what?? that was it? why do i feel so ripped off even tho i used a free game coupon? did they not finish this game?

I don't know if that was it, I haven't purchased but I did notice that part of the map was missing when you first get it ...

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jan 14, 14 7:37 AM
nelliegemini wrote:
grabit2 wrote:what?? that was it? why do i feel so ripped off even tho i used a free game coupon? did they not finish this game?

I don't know if that was it, I haven't purchased but I did notice that part of the map was missing when you first get it ...

I bought the game and still playing it hours after demo. I am stuck is one reason. I admit City of fools is a long game and loved it. The reason the map is torn is because it is a puzzle you have to find the pieces and assemble them to see a phone number. It has nothing to do with another map

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Jan 14, 14 1:09 PM
hours of play? no... not for me. so many houses on that map, and only a few were used in the game before the 'you won' message came up and that was it. finished. oh well.. on to the next one.

dlkelly01
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dlkelly01 on Jan 15, 14 2:30 PM
Totally agree. TOTAL Waste of money. It was over 20 minutes after the first hour. This one gets two stars

Edited on 01/15/2014 at 2:30:22 PM PST

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Jan 18, 14 11:21 AM
cyndihugs wrote:
What I don't understand is in reading about the game it says, "Solve puzzles and seek out clues in over 70 detailed scenes." 70 "Detailed" scenes? That doesn't sound like a game that can be finished in less then 2 hours, unless those Detailed scenes aren't really...Detailed.

I have a hard time believing the "70" number, although I guess it's possible. The vast majority of scenes are ones you just walk by real fast with either nothing to do in them, or only one thing. And I bet they are counting the hidden object and puzzle close-ups in each scene as a separate scene. They are indeed "detailed" if you consider that they were originally made for City of Fools, which was a very complicated, well thought-out game with lots of stuff to do in each scene. This game has the exact same scenes, but with little to nothing to do in each one. Get City of Fools instead.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 11:22:49 AM PST

[Post New]by NewReviews on Jan 29, 14 12:11 PM
OMG, so agree with everyone! Started and finished in minutes. If I had just did the demo instead of buying, I could have finished it without even purchasing

It's a shame because it had the 'makings' to be just as good as City of Fools if it had been just as long and challenging.

Disappointed in the developers for this let down on game play time.

jberndt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jberndt on Jan 31, 14 10:12 AM
What a ripoff! Wish I'd read the forum before buying. Loved CoF and played it several times. I'm asking for a refund.

Go to: