Game Reviews for Who Am I

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jan 13, 14 3:18 AM
Who didn't love City of Fools? One of my all time favorite game that took me forever to finish. Who AM I takes you back to the town of the bug-eyed people with their mumbling dialogues and never-ending requests. This time you have arrived to our famous town and have absolutely no idea who you are. Your adventure begins as you look for clues, take on tasks and meet up with strange people who each have you doing some tasks. A definite hoot of a time to be had with cartoon graphics, great sound effects, a diary at your side and thankfully a jump map which you will definitely be needing . There are many easy puzzles and mini-games to play and some not so easy. I really loved City of Fools and I loved playing the demo on this one. For those who havent had the experience, it may seem childish and silly at first but you really gotta love the artwork on this one; cute and zany at the same time. So dear friends, dispense with the dark mood that oftens creeps up post-Christmas and take a walk on the wild side with some of the zaniest people you will ever meet. A perfect way to take away the Monday blues! A game that will definitely turn that frown up-side down!

Edited on 01/13/2014 at 9:07:51 AM PST

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Re:Game Reviews for Who Am I

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jan 13, 14 6:12 AM
Could someone tell me how is it different from City of Fools? Because it looks exactly the same - all the scenes in the preview shots are the same only with junk items added to the scenes like cluttered HOGs. Do you simply play the same game world only with a different reason to run around and possibly step in poo?

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jan 13, 14 7:56 AM
From what I was able to play of 'City of Fools', Silverbranch, is that the developers made this 'version' into a Hid'n Obj game; whereas, the original was a point-n-click adventure game only.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 13, 14 9:07 AM
Heya!

What do you think of Who Am I? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Who Am I page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 13, 14 9:08 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 13, 14 11:15 AM
Nilosh wrote:Who didn't love City of Fools?

Who didn't love "City of Fools" you ask??? I didn't and I know I wouldn't like this one either. When I first saw the photo under the TGT notice and viewed the screenshots, I recognized right away that it was a redoing of COF. I'd already written a review on the main page of COF after demo'ing it saying how much I hated it. I don't need to do another one for this game. To each his/her own though! The first game has its share of fans and I'm sure this one will appeal to that crowd too. Cheers

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jan 13, 14 12:00 PM
a total piece of garbage. no buy here

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jan 13, 14 12:58 PM
Robsim wrote:From what I was able to play of 'City of Fools', Silverbranch, is that the developers made this 'version' into a Hid'n Obj game; whereas, the original was a point-n-click adventure game only.

The screen caps on the page are the exact same ones in COF. Are they all like that, but just HOG scenes now?

[Post New]by sandra1664 on Jan 13, 14 5:42 PM
I love this game!!! I have been waiting for another game like City of Fools for so long. Both of these games are something different from the regular HOG's. It really makes you use your brain. I hope they make a whole series of these games. I would buy them all.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 13, 14 5:57 PM
A game from devs I am not familiar with. From some of the commentators on the site today, I see they have actually had games on the BF game site. However, I don't ever remember seeing them before. I see our usual reviewers are not touching this one. I will be a brave and watch out for the brickbats coming my way. The "story" is that you do not remember who you are. Okay, we are dealing with amnesia here, I guess. The characters you interact with "babble" back at you. Very bizarre. However, I must tell you in the beginning you take some type of "pill," which may be the reason that perhaps you don't remember who you are and that is why you enter this weird cartoon world. Go figure on this one.

This game is not for everyone. If you like wacky and crazy, you will love this game. If you are into sugar, romance and cutesy animals, you will probably not. I can see people either loving or absolutely hating this game. I don't think there will be anyone on the fence concerning this one. It is a HOG game; however, you need to strategize to figure out steps which need to be taken to play the game. The game is cartoonish with hand written elements in the game. There is a "map" which again is hand drawn. This game is really "out there." I must commend the creators for "thinking outside the box." (And boy am I sick of corporate lingo). However, for me, (and I am an "out there" crazy girl), I do not like this game. However, this game must be "experienced" for yourself. I won't even rate this game because this is a game which you will either hate or love.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Jan 13, 14 7:29 PM
Are you people SERIOUS with this game? WOW! This has got to be one of THE dumbest games I have ever played in my life. My 8 yr old nephew even thinks it is ridiculous.

[Post New]by tee4two44 on Jan 14, 14 4:17 AM
OH WOW !!!!!

how disappointing .. i played the whole game in one hour .. i think we should get all our money back ..

city of fools was long and confusing and exciting ..this one here ..WOW if anyone wants to buy this game please dont

disapointed long time customer

cristal666
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by cristal666 on Jan 14, 14 7:07 AM
I loved city of fools and thought Who am I had some good features like the hints of where to go next and the click and go map.

Was very excited and was prepared to buy,then i read all the comments about the length of the game if you can complete this game in an hour or so it would be a waste of money.

After plying it a few times the game would not be a challenge. You would be able to do with your eyes closed.

would be better if it was longer try adding a few more puzzles and i would buy.

Edited on 01/14/2014 at 7:08:50 AM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jan 14, 14 7:52 AM
I love City of Fools but this game is fun also. I have played it over 3 hours if You read all the answers like a walkthrough I guess it would be a fast Game.

I love the puzzles , not hard and fun to do. I admit I am stuck and it takes time to figure out certain things.

I only ask for help when I have tried myself and admit defeat.

I suggest People try out the game for themselves, take others opinions lightly it certainly is NOT a Piece of Garbage!

Edited on 01/14/2014 at 7:54:35 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 14, 14 8:14 AM
I do like this game, but it is not something I will pay 6.99 for...out of cc's.

[Post New]by masterchef15 on Jan 15, 14 4:44 AM
Such a disappointing game and a total waste of money. I think I finished it in under 2 hours despite the fact that it is completely unclear at times what you are supposed to be doing!

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Jan 16, 14 10:27 AM
This game has the most hideously ugly graphic arts of any game I've seen in a while. That combined with the reviews makes it a "don't even bother testing" game for me.

monster2
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by monster2 on Jan 16, 14 6:15 PM
I loved City of Fools but Who Am I is absolutely ridiculous. It was kind of like a demo for City of Fools. I can't even believe they released this as a game. They just took City of Fools and dumbed it down a whole lot and released it as another game. Not worth the money. I'm very sorry I bought it!!!!

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Jan 18, 14 10:00 AM
How disappointing... I've played for 20 minutes so far and am trying to finish in the 1 hour free trial, but not sure if I can. Either way, I'm not buying it. Did anyone notice that ALL of the scenes are EXACTLY the same ones that were in the original game? No new artwork at all, and yet they still made the game more dumbed down than the original and offered nothing new. I can only imagine how long it took them to make this game, considering they stole everything from the first one. So little effort put into it by the devs, and not worth the money, I'm sure.

BTW, if you are on the fence about this and have not played City of Fools yet, I highly recommend you get that game instead. It has EXACTLY the same artwork (pixel for pixel), but ALOT more functionality and there is so much more to do. Also there is much more humor and surprises around every corner. This is a pathetic "sequel".

Update: I ran out of free-play time while looking through the basement of the railway station, if that means anything to anyone. It was obvious that my final objective was almost complete, and there was probably only a few minutes of play time left.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 11:11:57 AM PST

[Post New]by alex1here on Jan 20, 14 6:20 AM
I couldn't agree more with your daughter....

Total WASTE!!!! What a shame! This developer evidently decided just getting something (anything) on the market was more important than creating a quality game. Too bad they didn't realize this is how reputations are ruined.....

Go to: