out of tasks

out of tasks

[Post New]by summeraine on Jan 13, 14 10:33 AM
i have been without any tasks for about a fortnight now any idea when new tasks will be applied

Re:out of tasks

[Post New]by e_MericanWoman on Jan 14, 14 3:41 PM
Not an expert by any means regarding this game but I would check with technical team regarding this. Sounds like a glitch. I have only played for about a month but I thought as soon as you filled one you were automatically given another.

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

out of tasks

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Jan 14, 14 4:13 PM
summeraine wrote:i have been without any tasks for about a fortnight now any idea when new tasks will be applied

summeraine....It's been pretty standard for people to run out of tasks between releases. There have not been any new tasks added since the Halloween release. The updates with new tasks seem to come every three to four months. I think they
created the daily tasks to give us something to do between the releases.

[Post New]by janemcardle on Jan 14, 14 4:25 PM
I have been out of tasks quest for a while no and the only response I got from CS or TS was a bs were behind because of the holiday and today I got a CS survey and no I did not give them a good review.... so now I guess we wait or quit what ever your choice maybe

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Jan 14, 14 5:49 PM
I'm at level 116 and I have one task left: to collect 30 scrolls. Since I'm hardly playing now that will take me quite a while. When I changed to a different computer a few weeks ago I was able to transfer my Found files and start at level 95, which is where I was on the old computer. So once in awhile I go to the old computer and play a little bit because there are still plenty of tasks to do.

Are they going to be opening up a third island soon? That's what I'm interested in.

Kay1212
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Kay1212 on Jan 14, 14 6:20 PM
e_MericanWoman wrote:Not an expert by any means regarding this game but I would check with technical team regarding this. Sounds like a glitch. I have only played for about a month but I thought as soon as you filled one you were automatically given another.

~summeraine & ~e_MericanWoman, welcome to the pond...jump in and feel free to ask away, we are all here to help (if we can As far as the quest go, it depends on how fast you complete them. If you are fast in completing them, there will be a time you won't get any. I use to go through them lightling fast, now I take my time, and don't burn them up. It seems to me (other fishies chime in) that you only get around 30-40 new quests per update. hth

Edited on 01/14/2014 at 6:22:04 PM PST

bankie6070
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by bankie6070 on Jan 14, 14 7:58 PM
summeraine

I am now on level 220 and work on achievements and sensi levels, that's what keep me busy and coming back. I do the daily tasks to help gather the mobs and alter ego mobs to collect the weapons crates, boxes, clovers, horseshoes, etc. Almost quit until the Christmas special helped me collect over 1000 diamonds and a bunch of food for energy. I love this game again now because I can stop when I want and not because I am out of energy. I've had to email Tech Support for their help a few times and they did. Some of the items on the second island did not show up until after the last update. There seems to be more room on the island and the ferry is still not assessable so there is still more to come. Hope this helps.

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Jan 15, 14 1:34 AM
I am on level 197 and out of tasks also. I am busy working on the 2nd Island to get to sensei level in them all. I do some of the daily tasks but they are very repetative so sometimes I don't bother with them. Building up money, diamonds etc ready for the next update.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jan 15, 14 5:52 AM
I think most of us who have been playing for a long time are out of tasks. I do the first set of daily tasks each day, repetitive or not, to build energy for later.
I'm hoping the boat will be in "working order" soon.
Like most of us, I'm always in a hurry to finish all the quests, and then I wonder why, since I know they're limited.
And I just lost the game on the old computer (computer gave up the ghost) where I still had quests to complete. The only regret I have is that I will probably replace it with a laptop that I'll never touch at all...it will be for my roommate.
I'm actually considering setting up a second profile, if possible, and starting over on here, so that I can have the fun of going thru the levels again. But I'm not willing at all to give up my level 190 and all the goodies I've stored in anticipation of the next upgrade.

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Jan 15, 14 6:09 AM
ekstra2000 wrote:I think most of us who have been playing for a long time are out of tasks. I do the first set of daily tasks each day, repetitive or not, to build energy for later.
I'm hoping the boat will be in "working order" soon.
Like most of us, I'm always in a hurry to finish all the quests, and then I wonder why, since I know they're limited.
And I just lost the game on the old computer (computer gave up the ghost) where I still had quests to complete. The only regret I have is that I will probably replace it with a laptop that I'll never touch at all...it will be for my roommate.
I'm actually considering setting up a second profile, if possible, and starting over on here, so that I can have the fun of going thru the levels again. But I'm not willing at all to give up my level 190 and all the goodies I've stored in anticipation of the next upgrade.

Early on when I was in the doldrums of the 20-40 levels and not getting enough playing, I had 10 games going, the goals of each one a little different. Such as not spending coins or spending all the coins, playing only to get the "loser" achievement,etc. Interestingly enough, it was the "loser" achievement game that I finally ended up staying with. So if you are playing on a pc, it's kind of interesting to do a couple of different games at the same time and watch the differences(granted they are minor) in how they unfold.

Edited on 01/15/2014 at 6:18:07 AM PST

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Jan 15, 14 8:15 AM
To be honest, when I think about it, so many of those "tasks" had us very frustrated and pulling out our hair. I don't really like the tasks because frequently they were just silly or fiendish, or just stupid.

I find that I am enjoying playing the game more without all those things to worry about. I can collect 30 pendants and KEEP them, or collect 20 invisible cloaks and keep them without them completely vanishing at the end of the task. That was always very frustrating to me. And now I don't have to worry about banishing 30 pirates at the same time I'm supposed to be collecting 20 bombs, or banishing 20 will-o-the-wisps at the same time I'm supposed to be banishing 10 of them, at the same time I'm supposed to be banishing the Northern Barbarian and the Gladiator which are all expensive tasks...etc.

Getting to Sensei level on the second island and charging collections and banishing floaters is quite enough for now. Just sayin'.

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Jan 15, 14 10:52 PM
Boy, do I hear you. I am tearing my hair out with double quests. Ie: getting the same quest twice at the same time. I just finished two quests calling for four Energosaurus each. I can't find ONE Toothy One, now I have to find EIGHT????? As I finished those two, they were replaced with two Ancient Amulet quests. Each quest wants four collections. Well, I can't find the Happy Bird. I know he's supposed to be in the temple, but all I ever find are feathers. At this rate, I'll need those feathers to make a hat for my bald head.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Jan 16, 14 4:18 AM
I'm taking a bit of down time from this game until we get more quests. Every so often I check in and work on my sensei levels, if there's an achievable quest I'll do that. I never have enough lightning balls to do three labs in one go and I dislike the night scenes so I skip the three vampire castle quest. I'm hanging out for the raft too. It might add a bit of zing to the game. I really enjoyed the Christmas extras until they took our levers off us. I still have the Snow Fairy though.

[Post New]by BeverlyEdwards on Jan 16, 14 5:20 AM
I agree being out of tasks is a real bummer. I come in and play a little on the daily tasks but it's really pointless without the quests. I have no desire to make all my areas sensei rated because if they ever do give us an update with more quests then it will only costs me more energy to explore the rooms.

What I have been doing when I get really bored is go back and play the Xmas scenes. Gives me more diamonds and more chests and money for later use.

I too am thinking about just leaving for awhile, maybe just checking in to get the daily reward. Any suggestions for a good free game to take the place of Found?

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Jan 16, 14 9:27 AM
Would you rather they spend more time putting tasks together for the first and second island, or would you rather they work on getting a third island going, and maybe the floating boat, or some of those other icons that sit in the dark?

I think the tasks they create need better planning and more creative thinking put into them. Too many fiendish, silly, stupid ones to deal with, IMO. I don't want any more of those.

A third island, yes!

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 9:27:41 AM PST

[Post New]by janemcardle on Jan 16, 14 4:47 PM
winnerkooties wrote:Would you rather they spend more time putting tasks together for the first and second island, or would you rather they work on getting a third island going, and maybe the floating boat, or some of those other icons that sit in the dark?

I think the tasks they create need better planning and more creative thinking put into them. Too many fiendish, silly, stupid ones to deal with, IMO. I don't want any more of those.

A third island, yes!

Ideally they work make a combination of all of the above currently you have to bore yourself silly to get the things together to get into any of the places on the second island If they did that to a third or even the boat i would just give up on it its suppose to be a free to play game but if you don't buy the diamonds or the coins then how are you gonna get anywhere and I can't possible imagine what there gonna want to get the "ferry boat to take you to any other island...BF has turned in to a disappointment which is m why I am no longer a paying member "screw me once shame on you screw me twice shame on me"

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Jan 16, 14 7:26 PM
Since I have no more quests I'm leaving my old game alone for awhile. I'm just logging in for the daily bonuses and to see if the crate is open.

I started playing a new Found game from the tutorial as a guest on my computer. It's fun because in the beginning things are simple. There's plenty of tasks and it's been a long time since I started over like this so everything seems new. It feels like the old days when I really enjoyed playing until things got so complicated.

I now look forward to playing Found instead of just being totally frustrated with all the stupid weird quests that are no fun to complete. Of course I know those are up ahead on the road, but maybe by then there will be an update, or the third island will be open, or there will be some new things going on to check out.

Bogey_2006
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Bogey_2006 on Feb 1, 14 5:34 AM
how are so many people out of tasks? am level 138 and always have a load of tasks everyday...have I just played the game wrong? saw someone post at lower level than me saying out of tasks...?? always complete a few everyday but don't go beyond first three on the daily tasks because the rest just deplete inventory...but have done all of them often in past. still have the list on left side of screen filled with various tasks..so don't understand this.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Feb 1, 14 7:21 AM
how are so many people out of tasks?

I`m almost at the same level as Bogey_2006 and have plenty of tasks also. I also do a few a day and still have loads of items in my inventory to go forward.

coral_sea
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by coral_sea on Feb 1, 14 7:44 AM
Hi Bootsie21. What tasks do you have pending? I am asking because I wonder if some never came up for me. I am at level 145 and have been out of tasks for a very long time. Would any of you other fishies be willing to swim in and let us know what level you are at and what tasks you have left.? From what I have been reading on the forum I think that those at high levels who have tasks to accomplish are very rare fish indeed.

Go to: