battery for metal detector

[Post New]by wildtree on Jan 13, 14 6:21 PM
I went to astronomer but there is no battery or option to do something for him to get battery. Help!

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:battery for metal detector

[Post New]by hyperbole on Jan 13, 14 6:44 PM
I had to use the hint several times for this one. The battery is in the second room in the astronomer's place (the one with the junk pile). It's in the spaceship that is hanging from the ceiling in the upper right corner of the screen. There is nothing you need to do for the astronomer to get it.

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Jan 14, 14 7:03 PM
Is there a second battery somewhere? I ran out of juice again b4 I figured out how to remove the bullets...duh...

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jan 14, 14 8:32 PM
How did you even know you needed a battery?

I have in inventory: gun piece, spring, black thing that looks like it fits in handle of gun, battery, metal detector.

I have open task to visit house 23, beach, and film studio - all of which I have done but my journal still shows it open. The only other open task is to get bullets from beach.

I've clicked battery on metal detector, metal detector on battery, both separately on sand and on sign. Nothing ever happens. Nothing happens if I press hint. I've gone back and talked to each person in case I missed something.

How do I get the bullets on the beach?

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by hyperbole on Jan 14, 14 10:08 PM
I have no idea about a second battery. I barely found the first one using the hint feature.

As for using the metal detector, I just clicked on the (scorpion? I think) sign at the beach. That pulled up the search screen for the bullets. You just drag your metal detector across the sand listening for the beeps and click on the spots where the bullets are buried...Or, halfway through you get frustrated with just how small a margin of error you are given when it comes to clicking on the exact location of the bullet and just use the hint button for the last 8 bullets.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jan 14, 14 10:59 PM
THANKS. I kept trying to use inventory instead of simply clicking on the sign. Duh!

Go to: