too short

[Post New]by smocoz on Jan 13, 14 6:59 PM
City of Fools was a great game. The length of play time was great!! I finished this WHO AM I game in 2.5 hours. Did this game end or did I miss something!!

Edited on 01/13/2014 at 7:00:06 PM PST

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:too short

[Post New]by jill165x on Jan 13, 14 8:11 PM
It was quite short! I completed checkout at 7:45, downloaded, installed and started playing. I was done by 9:30. So it took about 1.5 hours. I got up a couple of times while playing to spend a few minutes attending to other things.

I did enjoy the game very much, so it was a good use of a free game code.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 14, 14 12:10 PM
jill165x wrote:It was quite short! I completed checkout at 7:45, downloaded, installed and started playing. I was done by 9:30. So it took about 1.5 hours. I got up a couple of times while playing to spend a few minutes attending to other things.

I did enjoy the game very much, so it was a good use of a free game code.

I got about the same mileage. I too used a coupon for it so I can't complain about being out any money BUT .... they could have done a lot better. They have a great concept and now just need to work a lot harder on creating their next BIG game. I just hope they haven't burned any bridges with this.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Jan 17, 14 9:36 PM
City of Fools was so much fun and so much longer than Who Am I. I was hoping we would find out what was on the island from the end of City of Fools. What a fool I was. The characters in this game are the same as the first one, but far fewer characters and places to visit and fewer tasks for each one. This isn't really a new game. What were the developers thinking by releasing it? I'm sorry I paid for it, but maybe would have been ok with using a pcc.

This feels like one chapter in what should be a much longer game with new locations and characters. Come on developers, give us a patch containing the rest of the game.

xxyyz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by xxyyz on Jan 19, 14 4:03 AM
seriously, this game was way rushed in the making. creators did not add anything creative or different from city of fools which was an awesome game. why? too bad,
could have made pc game breaking history.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 19, 14 1:31 PM
Wow it was short. After I got the gun together finally(!), it was no time I was at the end.
They really should have put more effort into the game length. First one was much better.
I still enjoyed it but sad it ended so quickly.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on May 6, 14 8:22 PM
Agreed, far too short, some puzzles did take awile, but because they made no sense! (that added some time SPOILER putting the gun together, I found the coins and battery by sheer luck, when we were given the photo; lock picks on the alphabet house progressed the game, but it was not obvious, add that the photo could be "used" anywhere with the hand/action icon. Very misleading!. It felt rushed, has some bugs, like tasks not marked off "Done" Dialog easy to miss, dragging Inventory was awkward etc. Other than the key outside later, the Hairdresser had no HOG or task inside. Totally pointless!

Sloppy language translations. That usually doesn't bother me. I cringe when someone picks apart a few tiny grammar mistakes, or complains if the named of a HObject, is right, just not US terms. A "spanner" is a wrench. (Games aren't only played in the U.S. Europe players I'm sure experience this far more than U.S. ones!) However the Librarian, should have better grammar even made a fool. "Learnt" really? Learned. The professor also uses a totally wrong word (Forget it, darn Lupus Fog) but it should be: no "recollection".

Length aside. Not being able to roam freely, or even click everything (note posted at City Hall) really ruined the feel from City of Fools. Which had us wearing out dozen of shoes, trying to remember were X person/thing/place was. That was part of it's charm and made it a true Point&Click Adventure. You'd always stumble upon a new place, person, laugh and task. It was one of the best P&C Adventure games I have played! I've been a gamer since DOS and the first console games. COFs is for sure in my top 10 games EVER. Funny that I just got around to playing it this week, and had no idea this game was a (watered down) spin off.

So, to the Developers (who do more M3 type VS HOG/HOPAs) I hope this was just to tide us over, while you're working on a real sequel to CoFs. I still liked this game. but it just lacked what was so great about CoFs, a true P&C non linear Adventure and the laughs, I barely smiled, no laughs really. Give us a REAL CoFs sequel! We never did find out where the was. Is the Mayor one? Let us explore the island and find our fools in need of more help.. we have a job offer with the Film Studio now, a new Girl Friend and a promise to raise the Professors' poor vegetarian (lol) son! In other words, make lemonade out of this sour lemon game.

Go to: