can't decipher code in greek letters puzzle

[Post New]by zarifarmanbet on Jan 14, 14 7:57 AM
hello. what's the catch in the greek letters puzzle from the last world. can't understand the logic in it. in what order do i have to read that riddle or what do i have to do???

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:can't decipher code in greek letters puzzle

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jan 22, 14 8:13 PM
Welcome to the forums zarifarmanbet!

Well, my other half Theodore and me were just one step away from madness trying to figure out this puzzle as we are both from Greece! We chose sanity in the end and resorted to the strategy guide. We realized then that the catch was not in the letters but, please highlight to read, in the arrows. You see those arrows are mathematical symbols which indicate strict inequality, a math term. The < symbol means is less than and the > symbol means is greater than. The Greek letters were like random symbols, they could have been Latin letters, adding to the difficulty of the puzzle of course which I guess this is why developers did it this way otherwise, if they were numbers instead for example, it would have been much more easier to figure it out. So, the puzzle's logic was to determine which letter was prior and which was posterior in relation to one another. And if you noticed, the final solution contained the letters that we have been given already which means the answer was in the math symbols and not the letters per se.

I hope you'll find the above a little enlightening. Actually, I'm quite surprised that no one else, except you, brought up this puzzle here in the game's forum; at least from what I saw. It would have been very interesting to know if other players managed to solve it without help from the strategy guide. It was a tricky one if anything.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:can't decipher code in greek letters puzzle

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 23, 14 3:04 PM
Hi tammytheo

As soon as I see the < and > signs in a puzzle, instead of reading them as greater than or less than, I treat them as "comes before" and "comes after". I seem to be able to make sense of it more that way LOL.

Go to: