lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

TGT: Australian Zoo Quest

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 16, 09 5:31 AM
Match-3 of the "chain" type, probably aimed at kids. The tutorial has a really annoying hard to understand voice over. There are difficulty levels you can set, but no way to turn off the time AND if you run out of possible moves you lose a life. Lose all your lives and the game ends. (not sure if that just means start the level over again)

I deleted after 5 minutes.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:TGT: Australian Zoo Quest

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 16, 09 5:49 AM
Thanks LordKalvan I probably won't bother then. Unless ... are the graphics really nice?

WhippetLv
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,552 Posts

[Post New]by WhippetLv on Mar 16, 09 5:58 AM
I felt to be very pressured when playing it didnt like the "sick" meter that if fill up made the animals sick

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 16, 09 6:15 AM
Deleted after 10 mins, the timer drives you nuts.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 16, 09 7:05 AM
As I said on an earlier post I am Australian and could not understand the language, and well Steve Irwin has been dead for near two years, maybe good for children but I do not know who could translate, not an Australian. An that "Crickey" well that drove me mad played 10 inutes 8 minutes too long then deleted

Cheers
lineck

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Mar 16, 09 7:58 AM
I liked it, but I love the crock hunter. Bring on a McGyver match 3.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 16, 09 8:20 AM
McGyver!!!! Wooo hooo!

but not Match-3. McGyver should be one of those HOGs with the really head scratching minigames: picking locks, disarming bombs, building gizmos out of various items, logic puzzles, etc.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 16, 09 8:32 AM
I just checked this thread to see whether or not Zoo Quest was worth downloading and have decided from the negative posts not to bother ... ugh ... hate timers and as for making animals sick ... no thanks, no way.

lordkalvan wrote:McGyver!!!! Wooo hooo!

but not Match-3. McGyver should be one of those HOGs with the really head scratching minigames: picking locks, disarming bombs, building gizmos out of various items, logic puzzles, etc.

Saw this comment (fin points up) and just have to say that a McGyver puzzle game would be absolutely fantastic.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 16, 09 8:42 AM
LOL a McGyver game just might drag my DH into the world of casual gaming.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 16, 09 8:56 AM
We need a separate McGyver thread! the more I think about it, the more I WANT it. Perhaps even just a "nothing but minigames" game, with some cut scenes and the ability to play either the story mode or just directly to any of the minigames, with a choice of timed or untimed.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 16, 09 9:08 AM
The voiceover was indeed annoying! In fact, it was beyond annoying--for a few minutes there it had me worried that there was something wrong with my sound card; I actually went back to the Big Fish video to hear the word "crikey," just to reassure myself that the voiceover actually DID sound like that.

I love a good match-3 game but I will be giving this one a pass as well...I'm waiting for Big Fish to get Kitten Sanctuary. Gamezebo players are liking it, and it looks like fun.

Edited on 03/16/2009 at 9:21:28 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 16, 09 9:14 AM
lordkalvan wrote:We need a separate McGyver thread! the more I think about it, the more I WANT it. Perhaps even just a "nothing but minigames" game, with some cut scenes and the ability to play either the story mode or just directly to any of the minigames, with a choice of timed or untimed.

OK done ... we mustn't hijack this one any more

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Mar 16, 09 11:26 AM
Fellow match 3 fan Lord K is right as usual -- this is one I will toss before the free hour is very far gone. Can't stand the particularly nasty timer, can't stand the "crikey", can't stand the dull play with unimaginative tiles, and I agree with the previous poster that making the animals "sick" by playing too slow is not my idea of fun. Also, where did that large download go? So far I've seen those cartoon tiles and two unimaginative pictures of animals. No nice graphics whatsoever.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Mar 16, 09 10:19 PM
Terrible, horrible, awful, this one just stinks!

And, I'm sorry, did the developers get caught in some sort of time warp or alternate universe where Steve Irwin is still alive, and video game design stalled in 1991?

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Mar 17, 09 2:04 AM
I'm an Aussie too, and I have to say, that this game is a very disappointing "advertisement" for Australia and its wildlife. That awful "chipmunk" voice, and the unimpressive game play just put me right off I didn't even last ten minutes! I had hoped that it would be a nice game to play, but alas, it wasn't

Mamajay.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Mar 17, 09 2:06 AM
Almost makes me embarrassed to be Aussie

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Mar 17, 09 2:21 AM
l love Australia, but this game is .......... see all the commends above..
. . . . . . . . . . .
Plus; that Steve Irwin picture on several places in the game, looks to me like advertizing. More

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Mar 17, 09 8:45 AM
Hey all,

Just popping in to say that the Australia Zoo Quest forum is now up and running, so I've moved this thread there.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Go to: