shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 8, 12 6:48 PM
Goodnight to all of you going to bed and props to those who were listed in Hondo's post!!! Great job And thank you Purple for those photos - I don't have Twitter nor a printer so great to see the final thing

Alas, today I will be mostly away... so I'll help out in the thread tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 8, 12 6:51 PM
Back when efr first came out I wrote this little fan song, should I post it here?

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 8, 12 7:06 PM
Congrats to the special division of supreme grand master detectives here! I'm working on aggregating the master detectives' theories - speculation and potential clue resolutions. There are a couple of prolific - to put it mildly! - posters on the list, so it's going to take a while.

I guess there won't be any alien abductions. Drat Take note BFG head honchos: we wouldn't mind seeing some aliens in our MCF one of these years

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 8, 12 7:23 PM
dzzzy wrote:Would anyone mind listing the 6 puzzles we've solved along with our most likely solutions? It would be a nice kind of recap for everyone, and other fishies who weren't able to keep up with today. Thanks.

ETA- We could also use some updates to our clue and theory lists. Thanks again!

Pg. 30 has all clues/puzzles and solutions up to today - Pg. 130 will have the balance in an hour or so

Pg. 40 has ALL theories - updated around noon today!

GameLvr - can you remind everyone which pages your uber super thorough clue/puzzle compilations are? I know you had to go to a 2nd page (3rd even??) but can't recall those pages

Also: Hondo put links to clue/theory summary pages in his post on Page 1 Thanks - AGAIN - Hondo!!! Woot, woot!!

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 8, 12 7:24 PM
Back when efr first came out I wrote this little fan song, should I post it here?

We listen to everyone sing on these trips, so go right ahead!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 8, 12 7:26 PM
Fargosis - you have to ask? We haven't had a song in at least 3 pages...

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 8, 12 7:36 PM
Of coarse I forget the lyrics, ill post again tommarow
Since I'm on teh iPad and teh file is on
TEH COMPUTEH

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 8, 12 7:43 PM
Okay I'm whiting this out because warning your gonna hate me if I don't

I'm convinced Charles has a twin, probably a sister. And I know everyone wants a clear cut answer to victors mother. Charles has only shown any sort of reletionship with Emma and rose, both of which have flaws with this theory. What if....Charles sister and victors mother are.....well........uh......how to put this lightly..................thesamepersonOMGincestimeanitsnotlikecharlesisaflippenpsycopath

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 8, 12 7:44 PM
Am I going to step on some toes if I post a list of theories by the people on Hondo's list specifically? I thought it would help narrow down which bits of speculation are more likely to be correct, but I don't want to offend anyone.

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 8, 12 7:45 PM
Am I going to step on some toes if I post a list of theories by the people on Hondo's list specifically? I thought it would help narrow down which bits of speculation are more likely to be correct, but I don't want to offend anyone.

It's not offensive, and it could be useful.

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 8, 12 7:46 PM
congrats to all the fishies on "the right track"

I'm going to TRACK 29 - CHOO-CHOO bound.

bbt

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 8, 12 7:46 PM
crazycatfishlady wrote:Am I going to step on some toes if I post a list of theories by the people on Hondo's list specifically? I thought it would help narrow down which bits of speculation are more likely to be correct, but I don't want to offend anyone.

Go ahead, he made it sound like they had the main ideas down but some of us have details that go with it

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 8, 12 7:47 PM
crazycatfishlady wrote:Am I going to step on some toes if I post a list of theories by the people on Hondo's list specifically? I thought it would help narrow down which bits of speculation are more likely to be correct, but I don't want to offend anyone.

Sounds like the way to go.

bbt

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 8, 12 7:53 PM

It might help if you c/p the theory lists on Pg. 40 (into Word) - then you can cross check those against "likely" theories based on Hodo's post - maybe this will save you some time?

Happy Compiling and THANKS!!!

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 8, 12 8:02 PM
Eoarod wrote:It might help if you c/p the theory lists on Pg. 40 (into Word) - then you can cross check those against "likely" theories based on Hodo's post - maybe this will save you some time?

There's actually a treasure trove of guesswork that isn't mentioned in the compilation lists. Probably because the most popular theories, reached by some degree of consensus, were the only ones to make it to the list. Dogmama has done enough speculating for everyone on the thread 10x over I mean, good on her, but it's taking me forever to read her posts.

Welp, I guess I'll keep on keepin' on, then!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 8, 12 8:02 PM
Hondo wrote:Alright class, are you ready for your progress report?

On Sunday night, I led you to the correct guesses of our first 3 puzzles. Since then, we've given you more puzzles but no additional feedback.

Well, here's a list of folks whose posts you might want to keep a close eye on:

bri_rose1978
ccalvert2007
dogmama
dzzzy
Enamorte
Eoarod
govols2
Laura29
Mr_Russ
Purplerabbit
samspunker

Now, these aren't the only ones who have been on the right track (there's simply not enough room to list everyone!) but this group has been among the first to correct solve the 6 puzzles we've given you. They've also (at times) been on the right track in their speculation.

The only question that remains is who has guessed what correctly? That's for you to figure out.

-Hondo

Congrats to all you clever fishies! I can't say I'm surprised though as so many of those names have been MD every Spec thread.

To all the newbies on the list, I'm glad you joined in this year because it looks like we needed your help.

Now, which of your posts is the one we need to be looking at?

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 8, 12 8:02 PM
Eoarod wrote:

It might help if you c/p the theory lists on Pg. 40 (into Word) - then you can cross check those against "likely" theories based on Hodo's post - maybe this will save you some time?

I would like to note that Hondo did not specifically tell us which solutions are right, so we also need to compile a list of those. And thank you Crazycrazycatfishlady!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 8, 12 8:06 PM
Oh and - almost forgot:

Way to go Team Trip P!!! Last nite was veeeery frustrating for lots of residents of the Lake...but everyone hung in & we got some much needed relief and fresh ideas from our fishie friends from across the pond!

Today we solved like a house a fire!!!

US fishies - have a or - and a lovely evening! Sick fishies keep sipping your soup - we want all of you to get better soon! Foreign fishie friends - we'll see you in the morning & can't wait for your fresh perspective!! Lots of clues to go!!!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 8, 12 8:09 PM
dzzy & crazycatfishlady (love the moniker btw) - we have all the solutions in one tidy place too (well - a FEW tidy places ) short lists on Pg. 30 & 130 & check Hondo's post on Pg. 1 for a link to the more comprehensive clue list!!!

kristis86
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by kristis86 on Nov 8, 12 8:15 PM
Just want to express a bit of frustration...I love all things MCF (have not been disappointed with a single MCF yet) and really look forward to speculation every year. I try very hard to keep up with this thread during our speculation time, it's not an easy thing to do with a thread that moves so quickly when you have real life things to keep up with as well. But every year, I have managed to follow...until now.

I liked the idea of the puzzle pieces being scattered throughout different MCF related sites through Big Fish. But trying to keep up with the clues being posted several times a day on Facebook and here and elsewhere is getting to be a bit much for me. I know most of the fishies were getting frustrated with the lack of clues/hints/and whatnot feeling like we were swimming in circles but, this is the first time ever I've been to the point where it's absolutely impossible for me to keep up with what's going on. I log on regularly throughout the day and randomly post ideas, but I feel at this point with all of the clues going at one time, there is no way for someone who works ridiculously long hours and has a lot of priorities outside of this to keep up.

Sorry fishies, just frustrated today because so far I have managed, in spite of real life, to follow whats been going on but, today, not so much. Just too much at one time. I think any clues that are being given should be in one place. I have enough trouble keeping up with this thread, let alone keeping up with the FAcebook page and all of that as well.

Ok rant done, just needed to express my frustration. Still going to try to participate and follow as much as possible. Wish I had more free time so I could actually keep up with all of you insanely smart fishies.

Still love MCF!!!!!

Go to: