orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems for Order of the Light: The Deathly Artisan CE here only

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 18, 14 12:39 AM
please post technical problems here ....

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 8:22:45 AM PST

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems for Order of the Light: The Deathly Artisan CE here only

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jan 18, 14 1:02 AM
When I tried to download this game to demo, a box came up in the lower right corner of my pc that said the game was infected and I should restart my computer to neutralize it.Has anyone else had that happen? It happened to me on another game recently, I don't remember which game it was.

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems for Order of the Light: The Deathly Artisan CE here only

[Post New]by petrinov on Jan 18, 14 1:10 AM
i've never got that message with a BF game. What are you using for protection?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 18, 14 1:11 AM
desandnrs wrote: When I tried to download this game to demo, a box came up in the lower right corner of my pc that said the game was infected and I should restart my computer to neutralize it.Has anyone else had that happen? It happened to me on another game recently, I don't remember which game it was.

Oh wow desandnrs, I have never seen that with any game here.
I would contact customer Service immediately if I were you.....and, I am going to go back and check my computer just to make sure.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jan 18, 14 1:34 AM
petrinov wrote:i've never got that message with a BF game. What are you using for protection?
I have Panda virus protection

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jan 18, 14 1:34 AM
Before thinking the worst - make sure your virus protection software isn't reading a false positive. But alerting CS may be a good idea. In the past they work with the virus protection companies so they remove the problem. I know Avast wasn't happy with BF uninstall program a couple times.

EDIT - have since downloaded and played without any warnings. Avast seems to have no problems with it. If it was a real virus, they would all (Norton, Avast, etc.) be jumping all over it. So you're probably safe to ignore your warning.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 2:59:06 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 18, 14 1:38 AM
Norton gave it the "ok" for me.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 18, 14 1:43 AM
yup...I just used both Norton and Spybot and both said it is OK.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 18, 14 2:12 AM
cbtx wrote:Norton gave it the "ok" for me.

I use AVG and had no problem downloading this game. It may be your virus protection is over reacting a bit. As others have said though, best to let CS know about this just in case.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Jan 18, 14 2:13 AM
I use Avast and it was ok.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jan 18, 14 5:07 AM
desandnrs wrote: When I tried to download this game to demo, a box came up in the lower right corner of my pc that said the game was infected and I should restart my computer to neutralize it.Has anyone else had that happen? It happened to me on another game recently, I don't remember which game it was.

The game is fine with McAfee too. Nevertheless, contacting Customer Support to get some advice from experts would be the best way to sort this out desandnrs. Just to be sure.

dracnar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Order of the Light: The Deathly Artisan CE here only

[Post New]by dracnar on Jan 18, 14 5:54 AM
Is anyone else having trouble opening the cabinet after the attach both handles????

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Order of the Light: The Deathly Artisan CE here only

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 18, 14 6:41 AM
dracnar wrote:Is anyone else having trouble opening the cabinet after the attach both handles????

See the solution in your thread and the longer one.

4owl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 4owl on Jan 18, 14 7:43 AM
This game has crashed twice and the computer went crazy both times. Gave a "technical problem" message and then re-booted. I deleted game and downloaded again...same result.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 18, 14 8:19 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread orphaned!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tlhwest
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tlhwest on Jan 18, 14 12:23 PM
I was playing the demo, and without any warning, my cursor started to flicker and would refuse to move around the screen. It was at the point in the game where I found the postcard with the people who had bought paintings. I couldn't go any further; I couldn't even reach the Menu button to exit. I had to shut the computer down in order to exit the game. Once I turned it on again, everything was fine.

acewidd
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by acewidd on Jan 18, 14 3:19 PM
Hi I played the demo and at the end decided to buy it, I paid for it, got 3 punches, went to play it and it starts at the end of the demo and wont let me go any further, I have removed it and re loaded it twice now. I also turned my firewall off to download it but that hasn't worked either. It also asks me to fill in a questionnaire but doesn't bring that up either, any help please?

momzugg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by momzugg on Jan 18, 14 3:49 PM
in removing the boards on the windows, i used the wrench (or which ever item it was to remove the 3 nailed boards), it removed two of them than i wrench disappeared...i cannot remove the third board.....cannot proceed

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 18, 14 3:53 PM
I get to the fireball scene about two minutes in, try to click on the statue's base and the game froze... twice. The next time I try to play after having to use the task manager to exit, I turn left into the building and when I try to magnify an area in there, that freezes the game as well.

ETA And because I refuse to accept defeat (or I'm insane), I tried to play the game one more time and played around the problem areas, returned to the statue and the game froze again.

I hope there's a fix for this, I like the game.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 3:59:26 PM PST

[Post New]by monkeesee3 on Jan 18, 14 4:54 PM
momzugg wrote:in removing the boards on the windows, i used the wrench (or which ever item it was to remove the 3 nailed boards), it removed two of them than i wrench disappeared...i cannot remove the third board.....cannot proceed
I am having the same problem. Can't move on.

Go to: