tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

just a comments thread

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 18, 14 1:14 AM
I will let someone else post the reviews, I am too lazy, and just want to enjoy playing.
I never heard of this developer before but so far, except for the map which does not distinguish between where to go next or soon, and all other points to which you will be able to go, I am liking this game very much.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:just a comments thread

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 18, 14 2:17 AM
I wasn't too sure about this one either, but I had to laugh in the beginning where we see the citizens of the CITY of Smalltown (lol) dressed in the style of the 19th century, complete with top hats and cravats for the men, and bustles for the ladies, and then, what do we see speeding along the road? A car from the 30s or 40s! Huh?

I really do wish the developers of these games would stick to just one era for clothes and paraphernalia, etc., sigh. It would make the games even more enjoyable, imho.

In spite of all that, the game is quite enjoyable so far, and I am probably going to purchase it - just not sure when

Jen

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jan 18, 14 6:35 AM
After playing 50 minutes of the demo, I bought it. Can't resist a sale, and it's a fun game. I do think the map is a joke, though. What's the point if it doesn't even tell you the name of the area, or if you need to go there next. Anyway, it's a good game for a cold Saturday afternoon.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 18, 14 6:48 AM
Tiger pointed out that we should just ignore any points that are still under clouds...
but I am mostly using to go back to areas in the beginning to check for new HOPS there....so, it isn't a total waste....
but, Devs, I do hope you see some of the comment threads so you can either patch the map, or design the next one, much, much better.....because otherwise, it is a good effort.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 18, 14 7:08 AM
The map actually becomes much clearer as you progress and is almost as pretty as the one we had in Living Mountain on Thursday, with cut-away scenes showing furnishings etc inside.

An available location is no longer 'clouded' but has a bright blue outline. Your Hint will tell you exactly where to go and what you need to do next.

I do agree, though, that a sea of yellow exclamation marks all over the place, when you first start, is a bit much.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 18, 14 8:01 AM
oh man....that bar glass game in the Baron's house was fun.
Glad to see that what I learned umpteen and bazillion years ago as a bartender still is good!

I'll take a tequila if you please.....
oh, maybe not....if I have to match scores with Tiger, maybe I had better not drink.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 18, 14 8:33 AM
Hear u r, Teeca. Tickeela comin up Hic

Surprized woz one left. When I passd buy had botle of red whine, four , two Whiskas strait up and 3 lickeurs....

U'll beet me eashily at points Hic

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 18, 14 8:37 AM
Hi Twinsoniclab,

It's Amaranthine Voyage: The Living Mountain. It was the TGT on Thursday. Fabulous game!

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jan 18, 14 11:02 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:Hear u r, Teeca. Tickeela comin up Hic

Surprized woz one left. When I passd buy had botle of red whine, four , two Whiskas strait up and 3 lickeurs....

U'll beet me eashily at points Hic

LOVE IT, Tiger. Too funny!!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 18, 14 12:43 PM
Wash?
beed me on points?
hic!
hah!
You jush wai...I get me sum
an.....snnnnnnnoooore

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 18, 14 12:51 PM
HO HEAVY for those that are HO lovers....adventure is thrown in there, but only after you do yet another HO! They are all the standard menu type HO's, some are quite cluttered.
Have to say, the story is not half bad........

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 18, 14 12:56 PM
a really lush and fun game!!

oh sorry - those are the gamers!!

and map? what map!! LOL! am such a a guygal - don't need a map!! just like in real world as cannot read the dang thing anyway!! now if the GPS were for games ....

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 18, 14 2:42 PM
hic!
huh?
Wah?
I wash ashleep? war mai tekee...teqi...
tigersh, whar de boddle?
Hic!

How sly Iam
been to siam
neber ona slow boat...hic!
but cotta slow coach...yai!
Ish gonna blow mai pointsh
whoot cares anneeway!

I can has gud singin!

moar tekkee!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 19, 14 6:06 AM
oh my achin' head.
Tiger, maybe we should lay of the Tequila and stick to beer?
? ?
!
!!!
Nah!!!

Go to: