orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For Shadow Shelter Here Only !!

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 20, 14 12:36 AM
please post any technical problems here ....

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 9:05:25 AM PST

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Shadow Shelter Here Only !!

[Post New]by oasis53 on Jan 20, 14 1:06 AM
cursor problems ...no sign in...ws going to buy..glad I didn't

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jan 20, 14 1:08 AM
Tried the demo and liked it. Went to buy with a PCC and a coupon from CS and it said could not process order, try again later. I know the PCC is valid and the one from CS doesn't expire. Is anyone else having trouble buying with coupons?

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Jan 20, 14 1:23 AM
My problem is all it knows how to do is freeze on me! Oh, and another thing, I just posted something in another forum here for another game and it just happened again here to. I keep having to sign into the site all them time. Uaually I can stay signed in for like a couple of days at least.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 20, 14 1:26 AM
Martyheinz wrote:Tried the demo and liked it. Went to buy with a PCC and a coupon from CS and it said could not process order, try again later. I know the PCC is valid and the one from CS doesn't expire. Is anyone else having trouble buying with coupons?

I have had that happen and CS said I'd used them when I knew I hadn't - but how to prove it??

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jan 20, 14 1:26 AM
Hint button not working at all. Does'nt matter what options game set to. It is always half full, but never fills up. Such a shame I would really like to play this game as I live in Scotland. It looks really interesting and different. I have managed to muddle through for 30 minutes but as it's so diffferent and you need to think a bit outside the box I don't think I can play the whole game without a hint of any kind. I'm not one for playing on hard mode.
I would love to finish this game and I thought I could use a CC and get 2 points this morning. What a shame.

CONT.
Thanks Tillybaby. Restarted game and Hint button now working.

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 4:32:24 AM PST

iamsosure
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by iamsosure on Jan 20, 14 1:30 AM
You can sign in, though not very clear. Think it was under options. Dark game, not for the kids. Like it, but the slow map travel and 'drawn' list of HOP inventory are not that great. Waiting on the walkthrough to see if a long game. Try to refer to that before I buy. Quite a lot of HOP and not a lot of puzzles during the trial.
Loved the HAND that gives you things.
oops, I guess this is a review, not a tech issue.

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 1:37:19 AM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 20, 14 1:58 AM
hi all !!

as is a SALE here - may not be able to use coupons with it !!!

Try using them tomorrow - which does not help much for now !!! sorry!!

ETA:

oops - but sorta kinda almost a tech issue!! acquisition and downloading !

iamsosure led me astray!!!

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 2:08:18 AM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jan 20, 14 2:13 AM
Like others on here my hint button only stayed on half full so I created another profile, started the game again on a medium setting and everything worked fine, having said that I didn't buy the game because there were far too many hidden object pages although some people love that sort of game and it is slightly different on some of the pages and the way you have to find things.

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Jan 20, 14 3:08 AM
Jans.... go to your account and it will show your purchase history there. It shows how you purchased each game and it will show the PCC codes you used for each game you used one for. If you don't see a match to the one you trying to use then there is your proof.

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 3:09:10 AM PST

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Jan 20, 14 4:32 AM
This looks like my kind of game but I'm having a problem seeing parts of it. The hidden objects scenes and much of the rest of it are all blurry. Do I need to change my settings or something?

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jan 20, 14 4:33 AM
tillybaby wrote:Like others on here my hint button only stayed on half full so I created another profile, started the game again on a medium setting and everything worked fine, having said that I didn't buy the game because there were far too many hidden object pages although some people love that sort of game and it is slightly different on some of the pages and the way you have to find things.

Thanks Tillybaby. Restarted game and Hint button now working.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 20, 14 4:44 AM
Martyheinz wrote:Tried the demo and liked it. Went to buy with a PCC and a coupon from CS and it said could not process order, try again later. I know the PCC is valid and the one from CS doesn't expire. Is anyone else having trouble buying with coupons?

I got the same message the other week when I tried to use a PCC on its expiration date. I wrote to CS and learned something I didn't realize all this time with BFG---there is a timestamp on PCCs! I tried to use a PCC at around 7am that had expired around 3am. Date was good but expiration time had passed! CS advice was to use a PCC at least one day ahead of its expiration date, which is now what I do. (CS said this timestamp business is stated on the web page that describes PCCs.)

But, of course, this does not explain why your 'Never expires' PCC from CS does not work for you...

Found the web page: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/982

By the way: CS issued me another PC to replace the one that had expired. (As always, great customer service!)

Edited on 01/20/2014 at 4:48:47 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jan 20, 14 5:04 AM
For those of you having problems with coupon ,I tried to use one buying from game manager and it didn't work.I then went to the BF web page and it worked.For some reason it won't take on game manager.But on web page it worked for me

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jan 20, 14 5:16 AM
Thanks, gamblebug! I went to the web page and it took the code with no problem!

[Post New]by games4sanity on Jan 20, 14 6:07 AM
This message is for janspack and any other fishies having problems with CS telling them they have used PCC they are sure they haven't. Make certain they have not expired, then under your account information at the very top of the screen select "my game club" that should bring up the date, game title and the PCC used to purchase it,
In my experience this has never failed to be accurate. I also keep the BFG email that has the PCC in my email until I have used it, and also keep a notepad nearby that I hand write them on and then cross off after I use it. I usually paste and copy the code since I have occasionally been known to maybe(wink) incorrectly copy them by hand. Hope this info has been helpful. Great gaming to all the fishes in the pond.

games4sanity

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Jan 20, 14 6:08 AM
The only problem I am having with this game is the hint button not working. I have restarted the game over and over and still the same problem. Fills half way then stops.

[Post New]by drtr65 on Jan 20, 14 7:29 AM
I purchased this game and then got a access violation program terminated...have uninstalled and reinstalled and still get this code. What can we do to fix this,,,this is the second game I've had this problem with luckily I had not purchased the other one

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 20, 14 7:42 AM
Re: Hint button...........advise I got on another website:

In settings, move "hint refill speed" all the way to the right,
this is the opposite of most games. If it's all the way to the
left, it will NOT refill.

boldy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by boldy1 on Jan 20, 14 8:20 AM
the hint button is a big pain never wants to recharge

Go to: