kathb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Issue with Windows 8?

[Post New]by kathb on Jan 21, 14 9:56 AM
I've had Tumblebugs and Tumblebugs 2 for years, finished both several times without any problems, on a PC running Windows XP. I recently bought a new PC which runs Windows 8 (recently upgraded to 8.1) and now both Tumblebugs games flicker when loaded, and Tumblebugs 2 keeps losing its background graphics so I'm playing in a cloudy sky, which is a bit disconcerting!

Not absolutely sure, but I think this is the first time I've tried to load either game since the arrival of the new PC - or are there other issues? Anybody got any ideas?

Re:Issue with Windows 8?

[Post New]by Crica65 on Apr 4, 14 1:40 PM
I have the same problem. Have anybody found a solution?

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Sep 6, 14 7:07 PM
I have the same problem also. I played a few levels, but the flickering and blurred game field made me dizzy so I gave up on it. Hope it can be fixed, because these were games I played over and over.

foful
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by foful on Sep 23, 14 10:33 AM
Hi!

I've got exactly the same problem under Windows 8.1.
Just installed Tumblebugs 2 and it flickers so it's not playable.

[Post New]by bradleymatthews on Feb 11, 15 5:17 PM
On the original Tumblebugs there is an option to use either direct x or open GL. I switched to Open GL and got rid of the flickering. However on Tumblebugs 2 there is no option to switch. So I'm only able to successfully play Tumblebugs 1 by switching in the options to Open GL. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by kaartendraak on Jun 5, 15 6:12 AM
bradleymatthews wrote:On the original Tumblebugs there is an option to use either direct x or open GL. I switched to Open GL and got rid of the flickering. However on Tumblebugs 2 there is no option to switch. So I'm only able to successfully play Tumblebugs 1 by switching in the options to Open GL. Hope this helps.

Do you choose that option in the game menu?

[Post New]by kaartendraak on Jun 5, 15 7:06 AM
kaartendraak wrote:
bradleymatthews wrote:On the original Tumblebugs there is an option to use either direct x or open GL. I switched to Open GL and got rid of the flickering. However on Tumblebugs 2 there is no option to switch. So I'm only able to successfully play Tumblebugs 1 by switching in the options to Open GL. Hope this helps.

Do you choose that option in the game menu?

Found it, but it doesn't work, have tried several settings, nothing works. I'ts just like "Adelantado book 1" game, it flickers with each version after windows XP.

Go to: