nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

buying towers?

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jan 22, 14 2:37 PM
Would someone please tell me how you buy theses towers. I click and click and nothing happens and Yes I do have enough barrels to buy the plot. So any help would be gratefully received as I am having big problems without them.
Thanks...

jellypuppy
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:buying towers?

[Post New]by jellypuppy on Jan 22, 14 7:28 PM
I also noticed that the spot you have to click does not really line up with the icon. Try clicking below the barrel and a little to the left. Needless to say, pause the game when you decide to try to purchase one of these spots as it can take some trying to find the correct spot to click.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jan 23, 14 1:05 AM
Thanks Jellypuppy, I'll give it a go.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jan 26, 14 3:09 PM
Don't use barrels to buy towers unless you absolutely have to.

Save the barrels for the shop. There are critical enhancements to your towers there such as reducing the cost of them and increasing damage.

All the towers can be bought, with coins/gold.
The only special places where you have to use barrels are those specially marked spots (with a W). I have managed to play 17 levels without having to use those prime spots. Just required a little bit of stragety and liberal usage of the pause button.

One of the things I found using the pause button, is you may not have enough to buy a tower, but destroy a few ships and you can. So I hover my mouse arrow over the pause button and watch the coin/gold like a hawk.

Another trick I figured out is -- if you have to lose the first segment of a level do so -- you learn a lot watching how the enemy moves and what to expect. You can reply a level infinite times so once you figured out the best tower to put where it can be easy.

My biggest issue is how to get barrels, I haven't figured out what one has to do to trigger getting one. So some levels I get 1 or 2 and then I have a level where I get 20.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:buying towers? -- Tips

[Post New]by moonryu on Jan 27, 14 8:42 AM
I have found if you can't get past a level (at least in the Atlantic Ocean segment), if you can get to 1-13 level, this level through challenging, has only one way for the ships to initially can come though start wise -- after that the path splits.

So use this level as a barrel gathering level. I will play it 6 to 8 times to get 30 barrels, then I go to the shop, buy my upgrades and then try the level I got stuck on further on.

The best tower unit upgrades are -- cost reduction and damage, if you got those up to 3 stars then you can consider buying range. Extra boody and starting gold is another good upgrade but these are costly.

azzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by azzie on Jul 5, 14 4:14 PM
and if you are playing the Mac version do NOT waste any of your barrels on buying towers. You only get barrels from playing each level once (to three stars) and nothing for playing it again.

The good news is at level 20 you get 100 barrels!

Go to: