orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems For Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf CE here only

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 23, 14 12:34 AM
please post any technical problems here .......

Edited on 01/23/2014 at 8:44:44 AM PST

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf CE here only

[Post New]by NANA3801 on Jan 23, 14 1:27 AM
When I try to use the Amulet it takes me away from the totem pole and to the driveway if I try to start it before I go to the closeup. I had already tried to find out what it would do before reading the guide but it did not do any thing now that I read what to do it will not let me access the amulet to the totem pole. Thus I can go no further. Going to go in under another name.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 23, 14 3:39 AM
NANA3801 wrote:When I try to use the Amulet it takes me away from the totem pole and to the driveway if I try to start it before I go to the closeup. I had already tried to find out what it would do before reading the guide but it did not do any thing now that I read what to do it will not let me access the amulet to the totem pole. Thus I can go no further. Going to go in under another name.

The only thing I can think of is ... Have you put the crow tile, that was given you by Jesse and which thus went into your Inventory, into your Amulet?

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by cindybuns on Jan 23, 14 4:50 AM
It's not that the amulet does not work, the problem is accessing it, no matter where I put the cursor, it either accesses the journal or to go back. I think that this is a technical issue and needs to be resolved by the company. I've already wasted several minutes of the free trial trying to get this to work and don't want to waste any more.

And yes I have the crow tile so that's not the issue either.

The company should have made the amulet larger so that this type of problem would not happen or at least tested the program more.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jan 23, 14 5:06 AM
Yes, I have the crow tile, but when I try to point at amulet it takes you back to beginning, where car is. I have read all the comments addressing this issue and it doesn't help to open up amulet to put crow tile on it. I buy so many games and mostly CE's that you would expect all of them to play. I don't need my computer updated, it is updated with current settings etc. I believe there is a glitch, thus I can't go any farther in game. I hope a fix will get resolved. I also will un-install and reinstall and change my name in the beginning to see if that helps.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jan 23, 14 5:35 AM
I went in and un-installed and re-installed game and changed name The game works perfectly now including the amulet

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 23, 14 7:19 AM
cindybuns wrote:It's not that the amulet does not work, the problem is accessing it, no matter where I put the cursor, it either accesses the journal or to go back. I think that this is a technical issue and needs to be resolved by the company. I've already wasted several minutes of the free trial trying to get this to work and don't want to waste any more.

The company should have made the amulet larger so that this type of problem would not happen or at least tested the program more.

Cindy ... Try waiting until you see the word Amulet appear before you actually click on the eagle and see if that helps to bring it up instead of the journal or back arrow.

Good luck .

Edited on 01/23/2014 at 7:20:53 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 23, 14 8:44 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started orphaned.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Amulet

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Jan 23, 14 2:51 PM
I lose control of my computer after meeting the elder who says only it can pierce through the veil. We need a patch to fix it.

Amulet at the end of the game

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Jan 23, 14 2:56 PM
I had no problems with the amulet until towards the end of the game. Minu comes and Jesse turns back into a ghost wolf to chase him off. The elder says only the amulet will pierce the veil. I can tell I'm supposed to find all the symbols and click on the right one on the amulet, but it's flying all over the screen. Can't even hit the guide, menu or skip buttons. This is definitely a glitch in the game.

gailyannie
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gailyannie on Jan 23, 14 3:40 PM
I am having the exact same problem with the amulet; that is why I am checking this forum. The word "amulet" does not come up, but the amulet is glowing. When I try to click on it, it takes me away from the right side totem. I have already got the left one going and I have the fish (but not the turtle) for the right side. Very frustrating because you can't skip (and I don't want to) and the hint and strategy guide are of no use. I will uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps. It is definitely a technical issue. Thanks for any help.

gaily.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Jan 23, 14 4:45 PM
Same thing with the other Myths game. You cannot turn off the custom cursor. When you do, the entire mouse disappears and you cannot play the game at all unless you delete everything and reinstall the game.

For it to have this type of issue, means the game is not worth buying.

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by cindybuns on Jan 24, 14 6:49 AM

cherbtoo on Jan 23, 14 7:19 AM

cindybuns wrote:
It's not that the amulet does not work, the problem is accessing it, no matter where I put the cursor, it either accesses the journal or to go back. I think that this is a technical issue and needs to be resolved by the company. I've already wasted several minutes of the free trial trying to get this to work and don't want to waste any more.

Cindy ... Try waiting until you see the word Amulet appear before you actually click on the eagle and see if that helps to bring it up instead of the journal or back arrow.

Good luck .

Yes, I've waited till I got the word Amulet appearing, still the same problem.

[Removed by Moderator]

In the meantime I'm going to try a previous suggestion someone made and uninstall and then reinstall the game and see if that works.

Edited on 01/24/2014 at 11:37:07 AM PST

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

accessing amulet

[Post New]by cindybuns on Jan 24, 14 8:25 AM
Ok, I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the game but did not change my profile name, amulet is still not working.

I then went back and put in a new profile name, the amulet is now working.

I've replied to customer support and let them know about this temporary fix and recommended that they should fix this problem because obviously there is a glitch in the game.

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re: Amulet when meeting elder at city gates

[Post New]by cmh47 on Jan 24, 14 11:06 AM
As soon as the elder starts to tell you that 'only the amulet can help' the game freezes for a while then the amulet is on the screen slowly moving about. There is no cursor so I can't do anything. I have to do Ctrl Alt Delete to get out of the game. I have tried going back into the game several times and the same thing keeps happening. I know that I am near the end of the game so I don't want to unistall etc. I have noted that I am not the only gamer having this problem so please BF sort this problem out.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 24, 14 11:51 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your posts letting us know about the issues with the amulet in the game. We have escalated the issue to the developer and will hopefully hear back soon.

We are also collecting information about those computer affected by this problem. If you would like to contribute and troubleshoot the issue, please contact ourTech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to take a look.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by redls57 on Jan 24, 14 11:54 AM
Very disappointed! Could not access the amulet ... Saw some suggestions on here and went back into the game and tried changing name ... that seemed work ... till I had to play the mini game at the gate (according to the guide) could not access the mini game.

It is a shame, the reviews made this game so inviting ... Glad I was just playing the demo and with all these problems my hour was gone!

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

Getting Amulet to work

[Post New]by geniegal on Jan 24, 14 12:41 PM
I finally figured it out on the 4th new profile. If you complete the totem on the left side first, you cannot proceed any further. You HAVE to do the totem on the right side first; the stars align themselves and your amulet works!!! Listen to Jesse - DUUUUHHHH!!!!

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jan 25, 14 3:07 AM
Mac 10.6.8: Game works, but slowly. I first changed cursor (under Options) & had opportunity to customize the game elsewhere. Could not customize with changed cursor. Had to load anew, and this time made the customized changes first. Then returned to Options and switched to smaller cursor. Have never had this glitch in any other game--should be fixed.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jan 25, 14 11:49 AM
I can verify that there is a problem with the amulet. It wasn't working for me either. I removed the game and then downloaded and installed again. I started the game with a new user name. After that, the amulet worked fine.

Go to: