orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 25, 14 1:01 AM
please post technical problems here ....

Edited on 01/25/2014 at 8:53:06 AM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Jan 25, 14 3:29 AM
I have to grab an item in the inventory several times before I hold it. I don't know if more players have this problem or if it's my mouse.

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jan 25, 14 4:17 AM
Brendansoma1 wrote:I have to grab an item in the inventory several times before I hold it. I don't know if more players have this problem or if it's my mouse.

Same problem here. Also everything is very 'laggy' for want of a better word. Takes an age for game to respond. Have ditched custom curser but it has'nt made any difference. Long wait beween clicking something and it responding. It's like wading through treacle.
Don't think I will be buying. And is it me but the 'baddy' in the hooded cloak is the exact same drawing as a couple of other recent games?

VJSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VJSS on Jan 25, 14 7:02 AM
I got about half way through the game and got an access violation then knocked out of the game. I uninstalled and re-installed but the same thing happened. Anyone else having problems?

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Jan 25, 14 7:30 AM
Well, here we go AGAIN. Laggy performance, and crashes....'access violation'...etc. Seems as though only 1 out of 4 games are playable any more. Is a shame. Is a shame...too bad developers must not read these posts because if they did they'd make sure this stops happening. They should also know not everyone has a high end machine so testing on just those is almost pointless.What's happened? Is it the Game Manager or what contributing as well to this bad mess?

youngjude
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by youngjude on Jan 25, 14 7:50 AM
it looks like a good game but I am playing the trial game and it seems to be running in slow motion, everything is taking ages, I have uninstalled and installed again and changed profile but it's still the same, so I don't think I will buy

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Jan 25, 14 8:22 AM
After you meet The Alchemist, he drops a container on the ground. I went to pick it up but it didn't go into my inventory. When I backed out of the scene, the container was floating in the middle of the screen. I exited out to the main menu and after going back into the game, the container was no longer visible, either in the middle of the screen, not in my inventory, nor in the original location where you first obtain it. I can't continue the game and will have to restart...

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 25, 14 8:50 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started orphaned!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 01/25/2014 at 8:52:51 AM PST

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jan 25, 14 4:52 PM
VJSS wrote:I got about half way through the game and got an access violation then knocked out of the game. I uninstalled and re-installed but the same thing happened. Anyone else having problems?

I too am having same problem. Access violation half way through game as well. Where you are to get on the platform. Kicked out of game. So VJSS you are not the only one.

[Post New]by oosmnpoo on Jan 25, 14 5:01 PM
I have the same problem as VJSS. Over half way through the game and I get an Access Violation 0x0069E00. Have to exit using task manager. Tried several times to get back in and the same thing happens. I started a new profile and it seems that I would be able to play if I wanted to start over again. I am not going to do that and play again to a point where I can't continue. I guess I should have waited before buying so I could have read more feedback about technical problems.

[Post New]by scampi7 on Jan 25, 14 5:41 PM
I have purchased this game, but it will NOT play, have tried uninstalling and
re-installing to no avail...please advise, thanks.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 25, 14 7:24 PM
if you go to Help - top right - and press - this site should answer your questions.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Jan 25, 14 8:49 PM
The HINT feature does not work UNLESS it's to point to move to another location.

I've got it on both Macs: OSX 10.7 and 10.8.

The music's pretty, but c'mon! Surely they debugged the game before the release?

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Jan 26, 14 4:47 AM
I've encountered a glitch at the workroom street area. I complete the HOP to gain the first stick, but then the SG tells me to walk forward to the bridge - which I can't do! When I try using the hint button, it takes me right back to the area outside the guardian room (i.e. start of game area) and still wants me to go back further, but I can't do this either. Can anyone help?

Kelili
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Kelili on Jan 26, 14 5:15 AM
I am also getting the Access Violation when I attempt to go on the platform to the Lowlands.
I uninstalled, deleted the app data, restarted, and reinstalled the game.
Had to start from the beginning, got to the platform and got the same access violation.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Jan 26, 14 8:13 AM
Hello all! Well this is a new one for me, I was playing a mini game, the one where you have to direct the flow of air, and the screen went nuts! I had to con./alt.delete to get it to stop, this is the 2nd mini game this has occurred with in this game, very frustrating as I was loving this game. The screen just keeps flashing lights, and black streaks, yikes, want a game I can finish!

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Jan 26, 14 8:35 AM
Same access violation trying to enter the lowlands- w7 latest drivers-need a fix or refund

ginabj1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ginabj1 on Jan 26, 14 10:25 AM
Have a window 7 pc, new, and have had the same problem with it crashing. Have received the same message access denied. have deleted the game and reinstalled as administrator and now it won't get past the loading phase. Please fix, really like the game and would like to finish...

Vera0205
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Vera0205 on Jan 26, 14 12:29 PM
soquelcalifornia wrote:The HINT feature does not work UNLESS it's to point to move to another location.

I've got it on both Macs: OSX 10.7 and 10.8.

The music's pretty, but c'mon! Surely they debugged the game before the release?

Same here. I played the game on my Mac, running OS 10.6.8. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by Wolfspirit1 on Jan 26, 14 12:47 PM
I got to the part where you have to drop the frog in water into the fountain, it will not drop in. The screen has a black strip at the top saying Level 00N that appears when I try to drop. Could not find this in help.

Go to: