bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Undiscovered

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 28, 14 12:29 AM
Help the crew of a shipwrecked transatlantic ocean liner. They're lost on a mysterious island chain, and only you can find their way home in this hidden-object, adventure, building, and matching game. Build your camp, explore the islands, collect resources, meet natives, and contend with local wildlife. Explore an active volcano, and use science, and island magic to find a way home. Solve puzzles to discover the meaning of ancient artifacts.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Undiscovered

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 28, 14 1:21 AM
Hi Flounder...

There is widescreen, and a choice of a custom and system cursor.

You can turn "Show Tips" on or off.

You can play in: Story mode, Challenge, Zen.

You have to complete chapters 1-4 to be able to play the 4 Challenge modes.

You have to complete chapter 1 of Story mode to unlock Zen mode.

Story mode comes in:

Casual mode: you can complete each level after the timer has ran out, and earn bonus points for any time remaining.

Expert mode: you must complete each level before the timer runs out.

When you play a level you will earn Resources with which you can build and upgrade different types of buildings.

Sometimes you find building supplies and tools that wash up on the beach, and which you need to build your camp. (Later on you preceed to the jungle).

You will get a Field Guide, which lists your tasks, and tells the story of how you and your fellow passengers landed on the island you are on. (A cut scene at the beginning of the game will also show you what happens).

--- --- ---

The graphics aren't the best in the world, but they are good enough for me on the playing field, and I like the gameplay. So I will definitely get this one.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Jan 28, 14 8:53 AM
Played the demo through to level 21. That's when things took a turn for the worse. Like most M3 games, you have to clear coloured blocks in order to progress, and just as in other M3 titles sooner or later those blocks will require breaking or shattering other block to get to them. No problem...

...And then they introduce the 'vine' feature. This is a growing obstacle (those playing Candy Crush will recognize this as chocolate), but it doesn't follow the parameters of a typical growing obstacle. Specifically, you can't kill the vine. Oh, you can clear it out of your way, sure, but the square the vine starts from remains discoloured no matter how many matches you make before it regrows, and it regrows when it wants to with no regard for whether you just matched on it or not. In fact, it will grow right over a place you matched immediately after doing so if it wants to. The only good thing about it is that it doesn't seem to grow on blocks you need to clear to finish the level. It just stops you from getting pieces to drop on or near those blocks so you can't get to them.

On level 22, the vines took over, and no amount of clearing could get me to allow new pieces to drop on the lower left side of the puzzle to finish off the 8 remaining blocks. I gave up the level, came here to let everyone know, and will probably rate this as a pass as a result. Remember: Sometimes it pays to play more than the first chapter to determine the value of these games.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 28, 14 10:39 AM
Thank you to let us know about this level with the vines.

I'm not a M3's player, I don't have skills to play properly them, but this game was very nice!

Luckily I didn't buy it, it's so frustrating when we can't pass a level !

But I suppose many fishies will enjoy it !
M.

FloNS
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by FloNS on Jan 28, 14 11:33 AM
Actually, I managed to get through that level, it is the only time the vines show up. I replayed the level about 3 times, trying to get the bottom blue boxes done. I finally managed to get through the level and I am now on level 43 and the vines have not reappeared.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 28, 14 4:41 PM
Thank you both Timbuctu and FIoNS for letting us know about the vines.

When I read Timbuctu's account on the vines, I almost decided against getting this game, but FIoNS' post, telling us that it only occurs once, decided me to get it after all.

Thanks both for the warning and the "all clear".

[Post New]by crazygirl54 on Jan 29, 14 7:49 PM
i too am stuck on level 21 with the growing vines ,,, no matter how many boxes you clear I cannnot get finished and just as i make progress the vines come back and its never ending ,, JUST HOW DO YOU GET TO COMPLETE THIS LEVEL

[Post New]by Basscats on Jan 30, 14 2:17 PM
Stuck on vine level also. Have played and replayed numerous times and got nowhere as the vines appear and reappear faster than I'm able to clear them. Anyone have a tip as to how to vanquish this vine level?

[Post New]by purpleporpoise on Jan 30, 14 7:18 PM
Not yet, but I'm stuck there too and working on it! The only tip I have, which everyone probably already is doing is to remember to use the wind power amulet to blow some of the vines away.

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 7:21:28 PM PST

[Post New]by svfish on Jan 30, 14 11:09 PM
I've posted some tips for vines and beetles in a new discussion. Hopefully it will help those of you who are stuck.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Feb 1, 14 5:13 PM
I got through to level 25 with the vines, then saw that they are still coming so gave up... They completely spoilt my game!!!! The beetles didn't bother me, just those vines. I wish I hadn't bought it and wasted a credit...
I don't know what game some are playing saying they are only on 1 level!!! Level 25 still has vines. I don't mind a few, but it looks like the whole chapter has them. Not impressed.....

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Feb 2, 14 10:09 AM
Well, I got through the bugs and vines. Then, after I had built everything that seemed to be available to build the game continued for levels without any sign of anything else to do. I was waiting for a new chapter, when all of a sudden it ended. BLAM! Over. Done. In fewer than 100 levels. Not worth the game credit I used to get it. This was a disappointment even for this Match 3 lover.

angelfiche
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by angelfiche on Feb 2, 14 10:15 AM
Hi Sapphire 46 - the vines appear in Chapter 2 and I believe Level 25 is the last level that has them from memory I think they appear during levels 21-25 (in story mode). IMO a lot of the later levels are easier than 21-25 so you still have another 60+ levels to enjoy, all vine-less, so it is worth persevering :-)

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 3, 14 7:48 AM
I really wish I hadn't bought this game because the match 3 part sucks and then the guy going backwards to the next island sucks. It seems like a cheaply made game that has nothing that draws a player in, in my opinion. Next time Ill make sure I really need another free game.

[Post New]by kmcass46 on Feb 5, 14 5:57 PM
At first when I got stuck in the vines on level 21 was annoyed that I used a credit to buy. after reading the other posts, just kept trying. only took 2 more tries until I cleared. tips help some on how to work it. often play match 3 in timed but this didn't follow any pattern. use the M3 games for relaxation when my brain gets tired and not up for a major challenge. from the posts glad to know it gets better. graphic are a bit cartoonish.

purusty
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by purusty on Feb 10, 14 6:04 PM
I m stuck on level 21 also whatna rotten level help me to escape it

Go to: