Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

My Prediction for Worst Game of 2014

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 28, 14 9:51 PM
I am so mad that I cant edit the review that I left for the game!!! (not here on the forums - on the game itself).

Oh wow. I had such high, high hopes for how much I'd enjoy Undiscovered. I feel like this is what happened:

Its like they specifically knew that people would have a 1 hour free demo from many sites such as this one & they put all of the okay content into that first 45, 60 minutes. (I did realize that the graphics were drastically sub-par, but since I thought that there were TM, Strategy, M3 & HOG elements in Undiscovered, I thought ok I can deal with the poor graphics) WRONG.

After 45-60 minutes of playing, I began to realize that this. game. stinks. It just does. Don't take my word for it - go give it a try yourself and see. Grrr...I thin the reason I'm so aggravated is not the lost time, but the money that I spent on the game,, the space its taking up on my computer (I know..I can remove it but I PAID for it!) and most of all, that I cannot seem to be able to edit or remove the good review/rating that I left for it!

There are, as I'm sure many people will be posting about, aggravating obstructions. There are no actual time management-esque parts to the game, as it would have you believe. Even the non-TM-TM stuff is barely existant. They have you build about 2 houses and ohh...some building that was so awful I did not commit any space in my long term memory to.

Drats! I really wish I had not boght this game, not taken up the space on my PC, and not left it a good review which apparently cannot be removed or edited. This has literally never happened to me before with another game. Not even kinda.

Had to edit because my fingers are cold & I keep leaving out the last letter of words LOL

Edited on 01/28/2014 at 9:54:35 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:My Prediction for Worst Game of 2014

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 29, 14 4:44 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO RETRACT MY GOOD RATING & REVIEW!!!

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Jan 30, 14 6:57 AM
Exactly why I wish people wouldn't leave reviews based on the demo only! That being said... I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! I beta tested this game last year and gave it a glowing review...the graphics were so-so but the premise of the game seemed simple and fun. BUT the beta "demo" ended BEFORE the section with those cursed vines. Talk about being hoodwinked!! Grrr... I purchased this one as soon as it came up based on the beta test. Big MISTAKE...I fail to see the point of having a "casual" or "relaxed" button if the levels have "vines" that are constantly covering the board.

[Post New]by purpleporpoise on Jan 30, 14 3:56 PM
Me, too. I left a glowing review for it BEFORE I got to Level 21 and the cursed vines. Try as I might, I cannot beat this level. So upset I used a game credit to buy this and that my great review might encourage others to buy this, but so glad to find out it is not just me and poor game-playing skills. Point well-taken about leaving demo reviews in the forums and finished game reviews on the main pages. Have learned my lesson!

[Post New]by purpleporpoise on Jan 30, 14 7:15 PM
Okay, after removing the game from my pc, I realized I was maybe having a little childish tantrum. Because I couldn't beat the level with those cursed vines. So what am I gonna do next, delete Skyrim because I can't level up? Which is likely because I'm such a crappy player. Sheesh! So I reinstalled the game and I'll play it until I figure out how to beat those dratted vines without destroying my mouse or my nerves. My old hands just aren't fast enough, but if I find any tricks to beating those stupid vines, I promise to come back and share!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 30, 14 9:33 PM
I got past some vines and bugs okay during the demo. Do they get worse? Or is that pretty much it? I calmed down a bit once I realized you just need to clear enough vines to clear the background tiles beneath, and then you can let them grow back in that area.

What I want to know is how long the game is - What happens *after* the demo?

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 9:34:03 PM PST

[Post New]by svfish on Jan 30, 14 11:07 PM
I'd say vines is as difficult as it gets. They only occur for a few levels in chapter 2. Then, there are different sorts of challenges in later levels (bubbles, boulders etc..) that affect levels in their own different way, but the challenging obstacles usually happen only a few levels per chapter. Also as the game progresses you have more powerful bonuses which can help quite a bit. All told there are approximately 90 levels in story mode, and several more hog scenes and puzzle scenes intermittently throughout story mode. Zen mode is basically infinite and challenge mode offers a variety of challenges like beat the clock etc.. where you can collect stars.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 31, 14 12:03 AM
Thanks svfish

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 4, 14 10:13 AM
Yaelle wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO RETRACT MY GOOD RATING & REVIEW!!!

Ordinarily, you can click on the red disk w/ the white X on it. (It appears only on your own posts.) Then confirm with OK.

Or you can click the Edit button.

But if those aren't working on that particular post, why not contact any Moderator? They certainly have the power of deletion. I suggest bfgWendwater, whose post is the 5th in the Reviews thead. (I assume you'll be able to click on his/her/its name and continue w/ a PM. If not, then it's time to contact Customer Support--link at the bottom of every forum page--and find out what's wrong that you can write but not edit, etc.)

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 5, 14 5:34 AM
Ohhhhhhh I had asked you what you were referring to.....I see - its this post. Ignore my other question, then George.

Someone else commenting here, I have been intending to try Skyrim for a long time & I really think I need to get to it. Its just that I'm nearing 1200 hours of play among 3 Pokemon games over the past 12 months and that doesn't quite leave much game-playing time for anything new. (Yes. They are THAT good/immersive/full lol)

Go to: