bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to A Princess' Tale forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 29, 14 12:29 AM
Welcome to A Princess' Tale forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other A Princess' Tale players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

kazzy1958
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Welcome to A Princess' Tale forum

[Post New]by kazzy1958 on Jan 30, 14 5:41 AM
I would like to know how to speak to the ministers as the guard wont let me pass

38mom
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by 38mom on Feb 3, 14 7:44 PM
How do you find stuff on the map when there is no map. I cant find Moonscar Marsh

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 4, 14 2:35 AM
38mom wrote:How do you find stuff on the map when there is no map. I cant find Moonscar Marsh

When you leave Ata's village, follow the path to the left and then down. It leads into the dark green area, which is Moonscar Marsh.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 4, 14 2:37 AM
kazzy1958 wrote:I would like to know how to speak to the ministers as the guard wont let me pass

You need to go next door, to the pub and buy some wine from the barman. You can then give this to the guard.

[Post New]by sunshy9473 on Feb 4, 14 7:27 AM
I have the wine, but I am unable to give it to the guard.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 4, 14 7:29 AM
sunshy9473 wrote:I have the wine, but I am unable to give it to the guard.

What outfit are you wearing? Try being dressed in the Adventurer's Jacket.

Edited on 02/04/2014 at 7:48:19 AM PST

[Post New]by sunshy9473 on Feb 4, 14 12:10 PM
I cannot figure out how to get the adventurer's jacket

[Post New]by sunshy9473 on Feb 4, 14 12:14 PM
I figured it out! Thank you so much!

[Post New]by criminalheart79 on Feb 4, 14 10:05 PM
kazzy1958 wrote:I would like to know how to speak to the ministers as the guard wont let me pass

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 4, 14 11:38 PM
criminalheart79 wrote:

You need to buy the wine from the pub next door and be wearing the Adventurer's Jacket from your Items menu.

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Feb 7, 14 8:10 PM
I cannot get the wine and yes I am wearing the Adventurers jacket. WHO do I talk to. The sailors won't talk to me, except the one at the far end on the top left side. The guy with the patch on his eye at the counter on the right side just says can't he drink in peace. I haven't a clue on where to go from here.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 8, 14 12:53 AM
MISKAJ wrote:I cannot get the wine and yes I am wearing the Adventurers jacket. WHO do I talk to. The sailors won't talk to me, except the one at the far end on the top left side. The guy with the patch on his eye at the counter on the right side just says can't he drink in peace. I haven't a clue on where to go from here.

Have you spoken to the barman in the pub?

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Feb 12, 14 6:18 AM
The barman won't talk to me. Just the guy with the patch on his eye at the right side of counter and he says "Can't a man drink in peace?"
I'm STUCK!

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 12, 14 8:17 AM
MISKAJ wrote:The barman won't talk to me. Just the guy with the patch on his eye at the right side of counter and he says "Can't a man drink in peace?"
I'm STUCK!

So, you've spoken to the guard and he's told you he'd like some wine?
Just to make sure, the barman I mentioned is the bald guy to the left of the pub. If when you stand in front of him and press space, he doesn't say anything, something has gone wrong. I'd suggest starting a new game. It won't take long to get back there.

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Feb 13, 14 10:11 AM
Ok will try again. Yeah already had the guard say he wanted the wine.

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Feb 13, 14 10:19 AM
Well I talked to the barman and he took my money and I walked back to the guard and STILL do not have the wine! TWICE I did this...now what? A new game?!

And thanks for your help!

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 10:19:49 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 13, 14 11:06 AM
If he took your money twice, yeah, it's another glitch . This game does seem to be a bit temperamental.

I'd definitely recommend starting a new game. It's a good idea not to deviate too much from what you're supposed to do. Don't buy anything beforehand from shops. It's probably also advisable to only use the keyboard. I've read a few comments that suggest mouse use could be mucking it up.
Good luck!

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 11:19:49 AM PST

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Feb 13, 14 5:07 PM

Thanks! Though I don't like the idea of starting over and even less I like using the Key board rather than the mouse, but perhaps if I expect to finish the game I have to do it.

Go to: