orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For A Princess' Tale Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 29, 14 12:47 AM
please post technical problems here ......

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 8:38:47 AM PST

loulouie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For A Princess' Tale Here Only!!

[Post New]by loulouie on Jan 29, 14 4:29 AM
Game locked up!!! No controls will work. Why?

msolo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by msolo on Jan 29, 14 6:35 AM
Screen shaking all the time have deleted and reinstalled same thing

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 6:35:30 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 29, 14 8:36 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread orphaned.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Jan 29, 14 9:37 AM
I am also having trouble with the game locking up. I get to the same place and it locks up.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Jan 29, 14 10:42 AM
Same as others - controls do not work! Could not get out of the game - had to turn my laptop off.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 29, 14 2:41 PM

dear goeash:

a real koi!!!! OMG!! bows deeply in deference to exalted status !!

also had trouble leaving game and had to close computer.

have subsequently learned need to go to Title Screen to exit .
the Menu is for other things in this game style.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 29, 14 3:00 PM
Hey All,

Thanks for all your posts. We are currently looking into the issue with the game controls and we will post in the forums as soon as we get more information.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with aDr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot the issue to figure out what might be causing it.

I hope this helps and thanks for your patience.

bfgWendwater

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jan 30, 14 12:02 AM
goeash wrote:Same as others - controls do not work! Could not get out of the game - had to turn my laptop off.

At the beginning of the game, you have to choose either to use Mouse or Keyboard control.

If you choose Mouse, you can use both Mouse & Keyboard.

If you choose Keyboard, you can only use the Keyboard.

I don't know why but the Keyboard will work. Sometimes when playing RPGs, if you try to talk to a person, who is on the opposite side of a counter, you can't using the Mouse & have to use the Keyboard. The same problem may also occur trying to roll stone or push boxes. You may have to use the Arrow Keys & Press Enter to move them.

HTH

RedBear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by RedBear on Jan 30, 14 5:30 PM
Ive killed the bird twice and recharged the crystal. And I have the necklace in my possession. However the bird is still there and if I talk to it it wants to fight AGAIN! And the game wont let me progress
So something is a miss

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 31, 14 9:37 AM
RedBear wrote:Ive killed the bird twice and recharged the crystal. And I have the necklace in my possession. However the bird is still there and if I talk to it it wants to fight AGAIN! And the game wont let me progress
So something is a miss

I had the same problem, you need to win the fight slower!
I kept guarding until the bird changed form. Then kept guarding until a message said something like "You're tougher than you look." At that point I started fighting and after winning, the bird has transformed into a person.
I'm guessing that you need to stay in the fight long enough for the message to appear.

RedBear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by RedBear on Jan 31, 14 10:22 AM
ok will try, though I killed the bird then the person appeared and killed her. will try the guarding stuff if that lets me progress!!
Loads of experience for killing them both but Id like to play the rest of the game!

RedBear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by RedBear on Jan 31, 14 3:01 PM
the guarding worked! No idea why. thanks

Nitehok
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Nitehok on Jan 31, 14 11:58 PM
I can't get the game to go to full screen. I went to F1 and selected launch full screen but it still is only the small screen. I am thinking of purchasing the game as I have almost run out of time for the trial game but want to be sure it works first.

tuluz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by tuluz on Feb 1, 14 12:42 AM
Same problem as Nitehok......can't get the game to launch in fullscreen.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 1, 14 3:07 AM
Nitehok wrote:I can't get the game to go to full screen. I went to F1 and selected launch full screen but it still is only the small screen. I am thinking of purchasing the game as I have almost run out of time for the trial game but want to be sure it works first.

Does pressing Alt-Enter work?

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 1, 14 1:16 PM
Great idea TMGamer99!

If you launch the game, hold the 'Alt' button then press 'Enter,' the game will expand to full screen mode.

I hope that helps!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by sunshy9473 on Feb 4, 14 1:45 PM
I was playing the game just fine the all of a sudden i cannot move to the right or go up using the keyboard. she walks on her own to the left and even if i use the mouse to make her go to the right she runs back to the left on her own

[Post New]by kbear_cutie on Feb 4, 14 5:35 PM
Every time I go to buy items from a shopkeeper, the game locks up. The right column will blink, but it will be blank and none of the keys will work. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, starting a new game, and changin the mouse/keyboard option. Has this happened to anybody else or does anyone have a fix? Thanks

khendrick1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by khendrick1 on Feb 6, 14 6:28 AM
I picked up the medicine from the dr in the grimmies but when I go back to the King's bedroom I can only talk to the old man and then the game freezes. I've restarted three times but it always freezes. Please help!

Go to: