cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

What a delightful game!

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 29, 14 2:01 AM
This will go onto my long list of games to purchase when I have funds available.

Luckily for me I did not suffer any problems; so it does beg the question - why are some games glitchy for one player and not another? Is it down to what we have on our individual computers or that we have changed settings?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:What a delightful game!

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 29, 14 2:39 AM
I agree. I haven't had any problems either. I will purchase it. I like it very much.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 29, 14 2:57 AM
I played for about 20 minutes and i knew this was a buy, The graphics are so beautiful and clear loved the sounds and when i used the parrot the colors was so beautiful..I recommend this game..I cant believe how much fun this game is thx DEV's for all your hard work and time, a Big Thx To BFG.. 5 's

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 29, 14 3:14 AM
Good morning, ladies

I also agree. Our computers are a mystery unto themselves at times. I'm not sure about this game, but I thought I'd download the demo to see if it would run ok on my computer and I got:

"Game not available - Error 772." First time I've ever had that happen.

According to the help menu I had to run the Game Manager as administrator and try again. Well, I did and now it's downloading fine (and very fast at that). Go figure!!

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 29, 14 3:59 AM
Great game, although I thought it had a walkthrough, I was wrong, I wish there was, never mind!!

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Jan 29, 14 4:04 AM
Didn't have any download problems and played the demo OK. Never had the problems that other players have had either and just wondering if having a gaming laptop helps!!

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suede46 on Jan 29, 14 4:05 AM
I have just finished playing the free trial with no problems what so ever.

It is a lovely game, and I shall be buying it, Cannot wait to get back to it!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 29, 14 5:42 AM
Well after reading these comments I will be trying this game and maybe even buying it,

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 29, 14 5:46 AM
I also played the trial with no problems on my 7 year old PC running the least favourite OS ever (although I love Vista!), so was very surprised to see all the tech issues posts!

I liked the game although it is quite easy, since the map shows you where there are things to be done. HOS are straightforward lists but some items are quite small. Puzzles were good, although there were a lot of those 'move one thing and something else moves' type which can be frustrating. I skipped one puzzle and the others solved themselves.....eventually! You also get a helper who fortunately doesn't require any dressing up and already has a name

Keeping this game on my list of possibles; will wait and see if anyone posts about the length.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Jan 29, 14 5:54 AM
I also liked this game and it is on my to buy list. In the HOS you can switch to Mahjong. I played about 30 minutes of the demo and had no problems.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 29, 14 8:37 AM
I finished he demo with no problems. The game seem almost like an homage to the early adventure games. Love it. Well worth a free coupon.

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 8:38:13 AM PST

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jan 29, 14 12:33 PM
This is a great hidden object adventure game.

The little parrot helper clinched it for me.

Great game.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jan 29, 14 12:43 PM
Only got the demo expired- closed and opened GM and everything was fine.

I had no problems with the demo on my old (a bit updated) xp

The game was ok for a pcc, look little old but sometimes that is just fine with me.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 29, 14 1:43 PM
Just to say, my transitions lagged a little from scene to scene in the demo, but I also noticed a lot of background activity going on with my old HP girl so that probably accounted for it.

I spent a PCC on it and I'm about halfway through (and, once activated, I had no problems at all), but I'm afraid I discovered the Adelantado games on Monday and have been playing through the nights, so I've left this one for now. I do think it's a surprisingly good SE (collectibles are always good for me - heck, does anyone even realise how much it costs to repair a little ole ship these days? Shocking, I tell you!!).

Love Mr Gibbons!!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 29, 14 2:41 PM
Hey Everyone,

I see that some of you are experiencing some technical issues with the game.

Those kinds of posts can definitely help us identify and fix tech issues in our games, but we do ask that they are posted only in our dedicated tech thread HERE. This way we can see how many people the issue is affecting and reply with help and troubleshooting steps directly in the thread where it can reach everyone.

Also, I do recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report if the problems continue. Our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 2:41:27 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 30, 14 9:02 AM
heheheheheheheeh Tiger!
Lol girlfriend, I don't know if you will see this, but I have played the first two Adelantado games and can understand how you feel.
There is a continent to explore! old parties of explorers to rescue.
Natives to negotiate with against cave men and dinosaurs.
Posts to keep in good order with all that constant tending of water, storage, gardening that keep getting interrupted to battle those pesky dinos
and THEN you have to smash every jar, cut every shrub and tree in the entire world to make sure you find all the treasures and hidden stuff.

This game, though, I am sitting on the fence with. I have had no glitches at all except that there is a lag when scenes change, which I suspect is just my overloaded oldish computer....but I have less glitches than a lot of people do, which I can only assume is because I have either really good luck or the angels love me. snicker.
It is trying to grab me, but I am not fully .....it may come down to either the love story or Mr Gibbons.

I wish I had 20 more minutes of demo time instead of 11, because I am at a point with too many choices, sort of stuck, and the hint button takes an awful long time to reload.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 30, 14 10:26 AM
Hey, Tookat!!

Oh, Adelantado is so right at the top of the builders for me, it's unbelievable. The music is so fitting and you're not just mindlessly sending little helpers off to chop wood. I'm loving how this game was put together. You are building colonies, not constantly running back to HQ (the cave parts actually remind me of Zel*da). I'm not done with Book 1 yet and still have Books 2 and 3 to look forward to.

I think you are probably right about lags on older computers. My old HP wasn't too happy either, but I count myself lucky that I didn't have the problems others are experiencing. Love story or Mr Gibbons??? I'll go for Mr Gibbons

[Post New]by sandiafilly on Feb 1, 14 10:09 AM
I too am enjoying this game but can't figure out how to correctly put the compass needles in the mini game, so if one of you players that has done it, could you let me know how to line the needles up? I have already lined them horizontally and vertically with the colored ends matching and still no luck moving forward. I hate to skip this mini game, but can't find a valid walk thru anywhere on the internet, so am a loss and either have to skip or wait to hear from one of you. Thanks for your help.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Feb 2, 14 10:41 AM
sandiafilly wrote:I too am enjoying this game but can't figure out how to correctly put the compass needles in the mini game, so if one of you players that has done it, could you let me know how to line the needles up? I have already lined them horizontally and vertically with the colored ends matching and still no luck moving forward. I hate to skip this mini game, but can't find a valid walk thru anywhere on the internet, so am a loss and either have to skip or wait to hear from one of you. Thanks for your help.

After so many trials I made it!

You need to put the three compasses with the red part of the needle on the North.
I got before another sequence in different cardinal point with not avail.

You pay attention to where are spinning the needles and also if they move 1/2 or 1 space . And what compass is moving the other.

Sorry if I don't explain correctly , hope this help you!
Good luck ,
M.

Go to: