orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

what about a neverending punch card ?

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 30, 14 9:36 AM
removing the end of the month as a deadline means never having to say goodbye to a bonus punch ever again !!

ETA:

instead of having to wait until the next month for acquisitions - can be free range purchasing !!

EATA:

see post in bundle deal as well.

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 11:46:09 AM PST

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:what about a neverending punch card ?

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jan 30, 14 10:12 AM
I'm repeating myself to repeat what orphaned said, repeatedly.... yes, what about a neverending punch card? Members only, of course... totally great idea.

[Post New]by cristolpenny on Jan 30, 14 11:16 AM
That sure would work for me...

In fact, the end of month deadline influences my buying decision...if it's late in the month and I haven't bought anything, I'll put off buying a game until there's a good enough sale.

I just leave the game installed w/0 minutes to remember which ones I want.

MildewWolf
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by MildewWolf on Jan 30, 14 12:09 PM
Arrr, blister me barnacles, it's me old matey orphaned. Nice idea about an open ended punch card. I believe a certain other game site has recently started a similar scheme which has a longer deadline before you lose your punches - a good few months - may even be as long as 6 months. I'm happy with the almighty Fish though, so I'm not tempted.

I honestly don't have a problem with losing unused punches at the end of the month because if you play the system right you can earn a free game by spending as little as $9 - buy 3 DDs or COTWs on Bonus Punch Mondays and hey presto! Instant freebie. Or use a previously earned PCC on a non discounted game on Bonus Punch Monday and spend even less.

Like cristolpenny, the deadline definitely dictates my game purchase decisions. I'll happily let 1 or 2 punches go at the end of the month, but 3 or more will ensure that I spend a little on filling my card, so I can see why Big Fish have the deadline. This month I've currently got 5 punches, so must make a purchase tomorrow - I've no absolute must have games on my list at the moment, so if I don't fancy tomorrow's TGT or Daily Deal I'll either demo the Catch of the Week and get that if it's any good or choose a game from my "kinda want" list and use a PCC. Again, like cristolpenny, I keep some of these games in my game manager with the trial expired to remind me of them.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 30, 14 12:40 PM

well, shiver me timbers!!

'tis indeed you MildewWolf!! a toast !!

as BFG my only home for games - know not what the others do!!(or care!! )

as carefully as I plan and budget - still goof up at times !!

only lost one punch since joining and have vowed not to do that ever again !!

fishies - like the birds in this game - just wanna be free!!! and with no deadlines would ease up how I personally game and choose.

do see how could be difficult - and sometimes an incentive or goal or deadline is needed . . .

but seeing that I chase treasure - this is yet another pipe dream BUT ... wouldn't it be nice?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 30, 14 12:54 PM
I have no problem loosing punches.
I often have lost four or less because I will not buy a game, just to fill out a punch card.

I also stay away from all the "free games" where you are encouraged to actually buy coins or other things to upgrade the game. I know what a deceptive and slippery slope that is for me and many other players.....so, I just fight the temptation and don't even demo those,

But, I would probably buy more games with a Neverending Punch card AND the incentive to buy the CE's buy making them have even better sales more often, or by allowing us to buy them with two or three pccs, that I will otherwise give to friends who want them rather than buy anymore games I don't absolutely love.
and, I am surprised I have reached this place, since gaming is my only recreation right now...but I have possibly become as fussy as some of the other gamers here about what I want in a game and don't want.....and I won't buy a game anymore to use up either a coupon or a punch card.

Hey Big Fish? I doubt I will go to one of your competitors,....You do so much that is right......but attending to these....or maybe having walkthroughs more often as you did once before, will keep a lot of us fishies happily sending our money your way.

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 12:54:39 PM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 30, 14 12:55 PM
never ending punch card?? ---- that's what BF trashed to get to the current system. Sorry.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 30, 14 2:15 PM
I'm thinking perhaps we need Felix Fairy, or Santa Claws or Easter Bunny in these forums so we can donate PCCs. I'd much rather do that than waste them. In the meantime, maybe donate them to your friends if you can't use them?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 30, 14 2:22 PM
You are so right cbtx. BF trashed a lot of things that most of todays posters don't know about or remember. And, if someone wants to donate a free game code to someone then just do it. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny went bye bye kids.

ETA...nothing, said what I needed to say. Before you squeal with glee, I'll be around.

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 3:05:58 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jan 30, 14 2:48 PM
I am sorry for what happened when the "old" Big Fish changed, it seems to have hurt a very great many people.....but, I am the forever optimist.
Things change, they always do, but things can change for the better and sometimes that happens, so I see no problem with our suggesting to Big Fish what we would like to see.

someone in another thread mentioned there might be a way for those of us who have SE's to upgrade to the CE's without paying full price again.

I think that would be almost as nice as the never ending punch card returning.
or some other way of using the pccs. So far, it has been easy to give my extra pccs to friends who I know live on stricter budgets than I do, but is we got a new Easter bunny, I would support them. Good deeds are never wasted, I think.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Jan 30, 14 3:15 PM
im with tookat. long time bfg gamer.! would like to see carry over from month to month, with credits that can be forwarded towards the next months purchases and a way to change se's to ce's if that's what customer would liked to do. did not appreciate the way that BFG treated their customers, with the new regimen, so maybe they will have a change of heart going forward. we can only hope!!!!!

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 3:23:37 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 30, 14 3:23 PM
I, too, would like to see a carry-over of the punch codes from month to month. I have been a member off and on since 2006 and as much as I LOVE , I was deeply saddened by some of the changes that were made recently.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 30, 14 3:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm just popping in because this thread is a little bit off-topic, and we already have another thread with similar ideas being discussed. So we can keep the conversation in one place, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

You can continue the conversation in the other thread by clicking the blue text below:

Bundle Deal

Happy Posting!

bfgWendwater

Go to: