Tips for vines and beetle bugs

[Post New]by svfish on Jan 30, 14 8:59 PM
I notice many people becoming frustrated with some of the more difficult obstacles. I'd like to add some tips here for you.

With regards to obstacles like vines and bugs etc... They can make levels frustrating or more difficult (especially the vines if you let them get out of hand). But keep in mind that these obstacles are temporary, challenging a few levels in each chapter. So once you beat a hard level the game doesn't just keep adding more and more vines. I think there's maybe only one harder level with vines.

Tips for vines...

1) Save up your wind bonuses and use them!
2) constantly match near the vines to keep them at bay. They're MUCH harder if you let them get out of control.
3) It's not a timing thing! You don't have to go fast. They grow after you complete a number of moves. So plan your strategy!

Tips for Jungle Beetles...

1) match near a beetle to make it fly away. When if flies away it won't come back for a much longer time.
2) Use a wind bonus when a beetle flies on. It will fly away.
3) The number of beetles on a level is Random. Restarting the level may give the level back with fewer or no beetles. So if you're really stuck or don't like them. Try restarting the level.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Tips for vines and beetle bugs

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 30, 14 9:26 PM
I was frantic with the vines, till I realized they only have to be cleared enough to get all the background tiles cleared.

I had started out trying to clear them all from the board, which isn't necessary and is next to impossible.

[Post New]by svfish on Jan 30, 14 10:26 PM
Yes that's a good point! Clearing the vines is NOT the goal of the level. The goal remains the same. So if you manage to clear blue squares near where the vines start to grow early in the level, that can also make things a lot easier!

[Post New]by kcoxhgp on Feb 14, 14 12:14 PM
Thanks for the tips!

Go to: