shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Widescreen?

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 1, 14 11:24 AM
Not exactly! Although it's aspect ration appears to be widescreen, t doesn't fill my iMac 27" widescreen monitor in either direction. Unchecking widescreen changes nothing. I suppose I could fiddle with lowering the resolution on my screen, but I never do that.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Widescreen?

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 1, 14 4:55 PM
Because I am far-sighted I would never want such a large monitor right in front of my eyes. I would have to push it away halfway across the room to see things properly.

I have a 17inch screen on my laptop, and the game fills it all out.

[Post New]by muddlermike on Feb 1, 14 5:00 PM
Game does not fill my screen either. Changing settings does not fix the problem.

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Feb 2, 14 3:46 AM
Yeah, I think someone developed on this on an iPad Mini or something because it doesn't work on computers with a 1920x1080 pixilation at all, so you might just give up trying to play this game in widescreen or fullscreen mode, sorry, peoples.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 2, 14 7:39 AM
I have a 23" widescreen desktop, and this developer did what I'm pretty sure I've seen it do on other games -- the widescreen is filled by stretching everything horizontally -- this can really make figures, etc. go out of proportion, but usually the picture is clear enough to play, and the distortion isn't really distracting. In this case, though, there was a strong graininess to everything. I opened up Options and found to my surprise that widescreen was unchecked, but when I checked it and everything reconfigured, the game was in a modestly small window at the upper left of my screen. When I unchecked widescreen, it went back to filling the screen, but stretched, with the distinct graininess. My resolution is also 1080 x 1920, and I don't like to change it, so I put up with the graininess long enough to start the first HOP, but it just was too odd looking and the graininess actually made it hard to see the objects clearly, and the print was also affected, so I gave up and deleted the demo. I'm posting this in tech. problems as well.

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Feb 2, 14 9:58 AM
Not quite what we were talking about, when we went to make it fill the screen, it wouldn't do it. So, I understand where you are coming from, but not exactly our problem, sorry.

Edited on 02/02/2014 at 9:59:29 AM PST

Go to: