Post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of Sorrow II here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 3, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you have for this game!

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 9:05:55 AM PST

niamhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of Sorrow II here

[Post New]by niamhe on Feb 3, 14 3:27 AM
this game simply stops after 1/2 hour, screen goes blank anf thats it ???

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Feb 3, 14 4:51 AM
I was playing the marble game and was moving the inner ring around to fill it with a green marble when all of the green marbles disappeared! If this is going to be another game like Cruel Collections that I can't finish, there's no way I will buy it, with or without a PCC! MLC60

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Feb 3, 14 4:56 AM
Serious flaw in the 1st HO in the car. I picked up objects but they were not added to inventory. Then when I needed the key to storage box to get the oil, I was stuck. A shame since I was enjoying this game.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Feb 3, 14 5:15 AM
Game stops after half hour for me too - can't enter hospital.

rosybaby8
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by rosybaby8 on Feb 3, 14 5:23 AM
The game hangs up as soon as I push play.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Feb 3, 14 5:34 AM
Me too, my screen went blank when i tried to enter the hospital, had to use esc+ctrl+alt to get to the desktop and then used task manager to exit.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Feb 3, 14 5:37 AM
Game stopped in the middle of the marble puzzle. I had to skip it. The marbles wouldn't move.

[Post New]by butterflydee89 on Feb 3, 14 7:09 AM
I too can't get past the hospital entrance. When I click to go in, the screen goes black! A screen pops up and says, Assertion failed.

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 7:10:30 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 3, 14 9:05 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting up the tech thread pondprowler!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Feb 3, 14 10:21 AM
Same problem at hospital. Cruel Collections have not been fixed yet. Does developer know there is a problem.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 3, 14 10:53 AM
MLC60 wrote:I was playing the marble game and was moving the inner ring around to fill it with a green marble when all of the green marbles disappeared! If this is going to be another game like Cruel Collections that I can't finish, there's no way I will buy it, with or without a PCC! MLC60

For me, it was the red marbles that disappeared.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 3, 14 11:16 AM
I could not enter the hospital I got a red X message
that said "assertion failed"
and the choice of "abort" "retry" and "ignore".
I tried retry, then ignore, then had to abort.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 3, 14 11:29 AM
I hope there is a quick fix because I want to finish the game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 3, 14 12:05 PM
Hello All,

If your game is freezing at the hospital scene, I'd recommend running the game as an administrator, to ensure that it has all of the permissions it needs to run correctly. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you're game isn't behaving quite right, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game, to make sure everything has downloaded correctly. For help with that, click below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If these suggestions don't work, I'd recommend contacting our Tech Support Team so our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening. We'll also be able to collect data to escalate to the developer if necessary.

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

meldan5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meldan5 on Feb 3, 14 1:38 PM
I'm at the prison and need to open the safe right beside the spiral staircase. I got the safe open and now there's a puzzle that has something to do with the writing on the paper in the prison cell but when I click on the puzzle nothing happens. I tried turning off the game and restarting but it didn't help. Is there something I can do without starting over?

Sapphire

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Feb 3, 14 2:36 PM
pita1234 wrote:Game stops after half hour for me too - can't enter hospital.

I too was only able to get to the hospital screen and than freezes. Hope game is
fixed quickly as this is a buy for me.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 3, 14 2:51 PM
It's a buy for me too
as long as I can play the whole game.

[Post New]by Bree59 on Feb 3, 14 3:58 PM
I was in the prison, put the key in the lock on the big doors, lock opened, game crashed and when I restarted the game the lock was back and the key was gone from inventory....

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by lemarmot on Feb 3, 14 6:36 PM
I was well into the game - probablly 3/4 finished - into the last door in the main hall. Then it froze - not another Obscure Legends, says I

When I came back into the game, it had bumped me back to the very beginning .... aaarrrrggghhhhhh

Methinks I best quit games.... but I liked it a lot up to that point

My entertainment now will be reading on my Kindle

Janice

Go to: