Dog Awaits Master?

Dog Awaits Master?

[Post New]by blueskat on Feb 3, 14 11:33 AM
Are you kidding me? Today's quest requires the Dog Awaits Master Painting that you can buy for 140 gold bars in the Antique Shope. 140 gold bars? Yeah. Thinking this is a quest I'll be skipping. Back to playing Awakening Kingdoms.

mammym
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Dog Awaits Master?

[Post New]by mammym on Feb 3, 14 1:31 PM
I didn't get that quest. Mine just required me to play a mini-game at the photo shop.

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on Feb 3, 14 2:57 PM
I believe this is a reqular quest and not a daily one.

Blue...if you click on Dog and Master, it will tell you which mini-games you need to play to unlock it. You don't have to spend gold. You can click on any mini-game or Antique Shop decoration to see what unlocks it.

RussellShihTzu

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 3, 14 3:20 PM
There is a way to get around paying the gold bars for the Dog and Master painting. It's been a long time since I was at that quest but I know I didn't pay the gold bars. I think there is a way you can pay coins to get quest done. Doesn't it involve opening a mini-game?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 3, 14 4:16 PM
Yes its been a while for me too, but I must have done something to skip it. Its one of the few things in my shop that I dont have. I have everything that you can get with coins but unless they give us a reallly big stockpile of gold bars for free, I wont be spending the gold for those items. Its way too much. Id rather spend the gold on keepsakes and food.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 3, 14 5:35 PM
I also assume that this is a regular quest rather than a daily one? (which are usually just doing mini-games)
I have checked this out and have also found that for me it says this this particular one can only be opened with gold bars and not by completing other locations or with money. However, there have been some other places which at first could only be opened with gold bars (especially in the antiques shop) - but which have then miraculously changed to being opened with coins when you have risen up to a higher level in the game. So it may be that this is the case here. I am still only at level 65 - can anyone with a much higher level say if this is the case?
Incidentally, I have not been spending any real money on buying gold bars to spend - it is more complicated for those like me who live in other countries (I'm in the UK) who have to exchange into dollars to pay, so we avoid it if we can!
For this sort of quest (if it is not a timed one) it just means you must be patient and wait until you get to the level. If it is a timed one, then this is not a big deal - it will just go away after the time has expired and you will get a new one and your lost reward is not worth bothering with!

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 5:37:47 PM PST

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on Feb 3, 14 6:07 PM
I remember I got it by playing a mini-game. I'm at Level 72 and know I got it before Christmas. Not sure if it was before Thanksgiving but that quest sat there forever before the mini-game opened..

[Post New]by blueskat on Feb 3, 14 6:07 PM
Thank you for the responses everyone! I read another post that said there used to be an option to play a mini-game to get it but after an upgrade now the only way is to use 140 gold bars. The only option I have is to buy it. It showed up for me today so I thought that it was the daily quest. I'm only at level 38 so maybe that is the case. As I advance maybe it will be available by other means.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 3, 14 7:18 PM
I can assure you that I definitely did not spend gold bars to complete this quest!! There is a way around it that involves spending coins, not gold bars. Of course it is a regular quest, not a daily one! I think your level must have something to do with it because at one point, I was stuck and eventually found a solution through spending coins. Wish I could recall more of the details but I can't.

In any case, just know that there is another solution and you don't have to spend 140 gold bars for this quest! Ridiculous amount of gold for a quest!

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 7:25:58 PM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Feb 4, 14 2:14 AM
I'm at level 72 and don't have the 'Dog awaits Master' painting either.
I never had a quest requiring me to get it, but the mini-game #10 in Vincent's Studio is still locked because I don't have the painting.

When I click the buy button (I can safely do that because I don't have 140 gold bars), the instructions say: "Buy this item with coins: Ensure all buildings in Dinhammer Alley are at level 5".
Now, all the buildings there are at level 5 since before the Christmas update, except of course the 'coming soon' one. So I'll just wait until "it comes soon".

I'm quite sure that those instructions weren't there when I was still at lower levels, but I can't say as from what level exactly they first appeared. Must be somewhere between 50 and 70, but that's not much help I guess.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 4, 14 2:20 AM
Thank you Dirk Tee...that's it!!!!

mammym
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mammym on Feb 4, 14 8:04 AM
I don't have it either and I'm at level 76 and don't remember needing to get it. I think if I did I probably paid to open the mini-game level reasoning that the cost in coins or gold to open it was much cheaper than the painting. I do remember paying to open some mini-games because the cost of meeting the quest to open it was too expensive. All of us who opened W. Va. did so by paying for it since it required us to upgrade buildings that are "coming soon".

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 4, 14 12:33 PM
Dirk_Tee wrote:I'm at level 72 and don't have the 'Dog awaits Master' painting either.
I never had a quest requiring me to get it, but the mini-game #10 in Vincent's Studio is still locked because I don't have the painting..

I don't have this painting either and it tells me that I need the 140 gold to get it - but as I said before, I am willing to hang on and wait to see if the price come down to coins). I am sure I have not had a quest relating to it and I have opened up all the mini-games everywhere.
However, I have been playing the game also on my laptop under a different name (partly to compare notes on differences) and am at a lower level there. I have had a look and I find, like you, that it demands that I get that painting in order to unlock level #10 in Vincent. This definitely seems unfair as it is near impossible to get 140 in the game as it stands. It must be a mistake! Hopefully it will be one of the things that is corrected at the next update......

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 4, 14 1:29 PM
#10 in Vincent's Studio is well worth paying to open if you have to. It is one of the most important mini games in Dinhammer Alley. It gives you 1000 coins in collection rewards. If you use a keepsake, and do #10 over and over for 30 min, then go to collections and claim your rewards, then its easy to score a lot of coins. I have gotten as many as 600000 coins in 30 minutes doing this.

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on Feb 4, 14 3:27 PM
mammym wrote:I don't have it either and I'm at level 76 and don't remember needing to get it. I think if I did I probably paid to open the mini-game level reasoning that the cost in coins or gold to open it was much cheaper than the painting. I do remember paying to open some mini-games because the cost of meeting the quest to open it was too expensive. All of us who opened W. Va. did so by paying for it since it required us to upgrade buildings that are "coming soon".

I didn't pay to open W. VA. It opened when I finished upgrading the current buildings.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 4, 14 3:35 PM
Wondering how you were able to open W.Va. without paying for it. First time I've heard of someone getting around that!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 4, 14 5:21 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Wondering how you were able to open W.Va. without paying for it. First time I've heard of someone getting around that!

I had to pay to open W. VA and Maragaret's House

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on Feb 4, 14 6:21 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Wondering how you were able to open W.Va. without paying for it. First time I've heard of someone getting around that!

I don't know but I do think all the buildings had been customized. Can you tell I don't pay much attention? Usually I'm playing and listening to TV.

Edited on 02/04/2014 at 6:21:52 PM PST

mutzi52
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by mutzi52 on Feb 4, 14 7:43 PM
I don't pay much attention either, but I know I haven't paid to open anything and I have all the current cities.

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Feb 4, 14 7:56 PM
LorettaGSP wrote:
I don't know but I do think all the buildings had been customized. Can you tell I don't pay much attention? Usually I'm playing and listening to TV.

There are still two buildings that are not available, so I didn't think it was possible for anyone to have upgraded all of the buildings. I'm wondering if there could have been another way.

Go to: