Medicine and wine

[Post New]by lisaida06 on Feb 3, 14 1:34 PM
I got the medicine and the wine but I can't seem to give the medicine to the King. I've tried the mouse and keyboard controls to no avail. Also what do I do with the wine?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Medicine and wine

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Feb 3, 14 2:33 PM
I just talked to the Uncle standing beside the bed then he realize that I had the medicine & used it on the king.

Where did you get the wine ?????

I remember having to get some later from the tavern. I replaying & I tried to get it before taking the medicine to the king but the option to buy it wasn't in the dialog.

HTH

[Post New]by lisaida06 on Feb 3, 14 3:38 PM
I spoke to the man beside his bed but he just says to be careful out there and the others won't speak. I'm at a lost.

I got the wine (springwine) from the bartender in Tidecrest where red flags are sticking out of the building.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Feb 3, 14 4:06 PM
Are you sure that you have the right medicine ?? It should be listed as Pepperwood Salve, I think. You have to get past the guards to go back into the area where you saved the cat then find the Doctor to get it.

What does it say in your Quest Log ?? The Quest Log is on the menu with Items & Equip about halfway down.

You don't need to go to Tidecrest until you've given the king the medicine & done a couple other things..

I not far into the game so I'll check about the Pepperwood Salve.

HTH

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Feb 3, 14 4:23 PM
You should see Pepperwood Salve in you list of Items but it will be lighter than other items because you can't use it or sell it. The only thing it can be used for is to be given to the King.

The Springwine should be listed the same way.

What's in your Quest Log ??

[Post New]by lisaida06 on Feb 3, 14 4:41 PM
Yes I got the Pepperwood salve from the
Doc at the Grimmies.

In my quest log I have two objectives. One is to get the med for Dad and the other is to head to Tidecrest and meet with the Ministries about the Aerfae. Since I couldn't give the King his meds I headed to Tidecrest to complete the other objective and all I got was the wine.

I've played these kinda games many times and never been stuck early in the game. I don't know what else to do. I must have a glich or something. I might have to reinstall this game which I'm not to happy about.

Thanks for all your help though

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Feb 3, 14 5:17 PM
There must be a problem.

When I give the medicine to the King there is a cut-scene. Then quest about getting the medicine disappears from my Quest Log & is replaced is replaced by "Find out what's going on in the Abyssal Palace." After doing that I got the quest about going to a Council in Tidecrest. The 1st time that I played, I don't remember having more than 1 quest.

You may have to start from the beginning & see what happens. It only takes a few minutes now that you know what to do & how. You may want to Re-install the game 1st.

Post if you figure it out.

Good luck,

[Post New]by lisaida06 on Feb 3, 14 6:45 PM
Well I started the game from the beginning and this time I made sure I didn't stop anywhere but to get the meds and gave it to the Uncle and got the cut-scene. Yay! I feel better now. Thanks again.

khendrick1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by khendrick1 on Feb 11, 14 8:32 AM
I had the same problem. The first time I played I went to the abyssal tower first and it would freeze when I tried to give the uncle the medicine. When I restarted and only did the medicine it was fine. This is one touchy game. Anyone else find it annoying that there aren't sign posts to tell you where you are???

Go to: