John117LV426
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Earning Silver and Juju

[Post New]by John117LV426 on Feb 3, 14 6:33 PM
I’ve tried searching the forum but can’t seem to find answers to my questions below. If there IS a thread, please tell me the thread title. I’ve also been unsuccessful looking for threads that were referenced in stickies several months ago.

What happens if I ignore those "purchase" type of quests? Often I don't want the enigma, but it's costly to skip. I LOVE the tip on skipping the premium scenes, but I paid 5 gold to skip a high score quest and only collected 100 silver. That sucked.

Do walkers have to be walking to earn juju?

Overnight, do we earn one “round” for attractions and walkers? i.e., time scheduled payouts are reset when the silver or juju is collected.

If so, then am I correct in assuming (for nighttime) it’s best to have objects that payout less frequently? ( ex. spooky saloon and circus)

What happens when the app crashes? Mine crashes a lot, I think the app goes crazy because I’m constantly redesigning the grounds.

Anyone have tips on closing the game for the night? It kills me thinking that I may be closing the game 15 minutes too early to collect a large 8 hour payout.

p.s. Reading other help threads, it seems I may the only one who loves the split screen games and hated “Found”.
p.p.s. My screen name is an homage to Master Chief from HALO (John-117) and LV426, the first planet in the Alien movie series... but I’m actually a girl.

TIA

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,608 Posts

Re:Earning Silver and Juju

[Post New]by PTBT on Feb 3, 14 7:12 PM
1. The skip using 5 is only for Premium scenes. You can tell that's what they are for because you go to the Chapter screen if you try to do the quest.

2. Walkers earn JuJu no matter what.

3. The game runs whether you are in it or not. There is no "cycle" like what you are asking. However, if you want to try to "time" things, then you need to establish the cycle you want. Putting an item into inventory restarts that time cycle for it.

4. Energy is 1 unit every 3 minutes.

Creepy_Hollow
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Creepy_Hollow on Feb 3, 14 7:26 PM
Also, your free gifts etc reset at 10PM Seattle time. I'm assuming you're on iOS, so go to your clock app and add Seattle to your world clock selection. That way you will know how long you have to use up any free gifts (if you have any) and when you can collect your daily gift.
Regards,
Misty Hollow JustNrgTy

John117LV426
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by John117LV426 on Feb 3, 14 9:22 PM
PTBT - I've done the "skip for 5" on premium scenes twice and it was awesome! I was hoping someone knew the return for other quests. I had a "skip for 5" for scoring over 750,000 in Accumulated Knowledge. I couldn't find any similar experience so I tried it out. Paid 5 gold but the quest only paid 100 silver so I'm squeamish about skipping anything other than the premium scenes.

Thanks for the Inventory tip, that's perfect. I guess I am (just) a little obsessive.

Creepy Hollow - yup, I'm on an iPad and on PST. Funny, I just assumed everything was updated at midnight since that's the time of most sales ... Although, I did notice that my game still said "sale" under gold at 1am last night

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,608 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Feb 3, 14 9:38 PM
Yeah, the only ones that pay out for the skip 5 (that we have found) are the ones for the Premium scenes. Everything else is just the normal silver reward, which isn't a whole lot! I really hated the Accum Knowledge scene so it was worth it to me to skip a few of those.

ETA: I should have also added that some of the quests when you open a new Chapter pay out more than, say, "do 4 blitz modes" ones. I have never been tempted to skip those... so I can't tell you what happens with those... and those are typically the higher paying ones.

Edited on 02/04/2014 at 7:02:52 AM PST

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Feb 4, 14 12:30 AM
I'm tempted to skip the last Carnival one -- I never seem to find enough items in a blitz round no matter how fast I click.

Go to: