Post your TECH ISSUES for My Kingdom for the Princess IV here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 4, 14 12:33 AM
Here's a thread for tech issues.

Edited on 02/04/2014 at 8:34:50 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for My Kingdom for the Princess IV here

[Post New]by MsButterfly2002 on Feb 4, 14 5:30 AM
Really excited to have this game. When I try to play it says my pc input signal is out of range and I am not sure how to correct this. Can you help?

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 4, 14 8:33 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

shill
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by shill on Feb 4, 14 3:38 PM
Game will not install..... says installing, but stuck at 0%..... I have paid for this game!!! Help!

[Post New]by bemusednlv on Feb 4, 14 5:26 PM
I have the same problem - the game says I'm out of range. I played the hour without a problem, paid for the game and now I'm 'out of range'.

[Post New]by runeybee on Feb 5, 14 2:47 AM
Activating....trial expired.
Wha?

It spent 5-10 minutes activating, only to end up like that.

[Post New]by swiperthebox on Feb 5, 14 5:48 AM
mine says can't int 3d! what do i need to do?

LuvSilkies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by LuvSilkies on Feb 5, 14 8:31 AM
I just purchased My Kingdom for the Princess 4 yesterday and was playing it when it froze up my computer completely. I had to pull the plug to turn it off. I wasn't too upset about that, but, my Norton security pulled a file names W32.SAPE.Cloud9.5 downloaded from zilliontoolkitusa. It said it's malicious and I looked it up online and it certainly is. I've never had this happen before and I sent in a Felix report and am waiting for a reply from BF.
Now I'm afraid to open up the game again and why the heck didn't Big Fish find this file when they checked it?
Has anyone else had this problem?

[Post New]by tuennes on Feb 5, 14 9:31 AM
I just had the same problem- without Norton.The time before activating the game was running correctly.I am using windows 7 home premium.I am very upset.

angelfiche
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by angelfiche on Feb 5, 14 12:42 PM
On random levels I am being told "path blocked" when I know for sure there are no obstacles to block my path. If I restart the level this "glitch" disappears and then reappears on another level, again telling me my pathway is blocked when it's clear as clear can be. This is very frustrating when I've nearly finished a level and cant go any further because of this. Annoyingly this started AFTER I bought the game. I've reinstalled to see if it helps but I'm still getting this "error message" randomly. Obviously it's ruining my enjoyment of the game as it's a pain to keep playing the same level (currently 2.6)

tigra1021
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tigra1021 on Feb 5, 14 1:35 PM
I'm having trouble clicking on items that are on the edge of the screen. I have to click them several times before they will "go". It's on both sides. No idea what that's all about. Other than that, the game works fine.

fenn01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by fenn01 on Feb 5, 14 2:22 PM
I am also having trouble clicking at the edges of the screen

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 5, 14 3:12 PM
Yes, me too, on clicking on items close to the edge. I finally just slowed down so I could see exactly when it clicked where to click on it, such a tiny spot to hit!

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Feb 6, 14 3:29 PM
My problem is I can't activate the game cursor to turn on. I have spent hours on the option page scrolling, hoping to blindly hit the turn on games cursor option. Since there is no cursor, all I can do is blindly scroll until a light turns on but there is no light under that option so it is very very difficult and frustrating. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and same problem, plus I bought it right because I liked the other games. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 6, 14 4:43 PM
Hey All,

For those of you having issues with the cursor working or clicking on the edge of the screen, sometimes turning of the custom cursor option can help this. On the 'Pause' menu in the lower left corner click 'Options' and then uncheck 'Game Cursor'.

If you are experiencing problems getting the game installed, please check out the help article in the link below for some great troubleshooting tips:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you continue experiencing problems and would like some dedicated support, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to look into that for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Feb 6, 14 5:32 PM
That doesn't work because I have no cursor to see where I am at, so I am blindly trying to find the button which is almost impossible.

[Post New]by ladycobra3 on Feb 6, 14 10:20 PM
I am also having a problem with clicking on items not working. On some levels it appears the area you have to click is covered by the bars going down the sides.
This is very frustrating due to having to use up your time to find just the right tiny little spot to click.

tigra1021
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tigra1021 on Feb 7, 14 9:57 AM
I am not using the game curser and it still has a hard time clicking. I agree, it seems to really get stuck when it's too close to the side bars. It's frustrating!

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Feb 7, 14 12:13 PM
In the olden times we would call this pixel hunting, lol. I am having this problem also, the target is just too small on quite a few of them, gold especially for some reason.

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Feb 7, 14 4:00 PM
Having trouble clicking on certain resources; have to click several times in different areas of the resource before it is taken; takes up too much time. This so be a fix for this; it happens in several of the stage of the game.

Go to: