dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 8, 12 8:17 PM
Eoarod wrote:dzzy & crazycatfishlady (love the moniker btw) - we have all the solutions in one tidy place too (well - a FEW tidy places ) short lists on Pg. 30 & 130 & check Hondo's post on Pg. 1 for a link to the more comprehensive clue list!!!

My apologies for not mentioning these pages more Eoarod. The only reason I keep mentioning compiling a list is because I would like to see all recommended solutions for a puzzle combined with theories! For instance, I have a post a ways back about how we should keep tracking the typos (back when there were two and not three of them) because of the third book in the series of unfortunate events. Also, some of the puzzles kind of have multiple solutions, and we're not sure which one is right yet. And Hondo hasn't said that 'protect your digits' was the right anwer to his clue from earlier, right?

ETA- And I don't mean all the posts in the thread, just the ones for the clues we don't have an official solution for. Going through the entire thread would be tiring!

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 8:19:09 PM PST

kristis86
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by kristis86 on Nov 8, 12 8:22 PM
Thanks Eoarod and Gamelvr (possible spelling errors ) for your hard work keeping the compilations...I'm probably going to need them now. You guys are awesome!!

Edited to fix the names of those amazing fishies...

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 8:25:31 PM PST

susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 8, 12 8:30 PM
Brilliant idea to point out all the typos, whichever fish got that first... could be something in that!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 8, 12 8:31 PM
dzzy - no wories mate! I just put the pages up again b/c I wasn't sure if crazycatfishlady knew & didn't want her to scroll & scroll & through 136 pages then find out - she'd hurt us LOL - though boy howdy! She's still got a job in front of her! for Ms. CCL

I do think Protect your digits is right - as you came up with it & then I voted for it based on a spec. ciper & we are both on the list...BUT - I do think that may just be the first part of the full solution - like "The Flowers of Evil" led to Baudelaire which led to "A Series..." - meh - you get my drift LOL (is tiiiired!!)

kristi - you are most welcome!! I came in very late to the spec thread last year and could not catch up - so I'm scrambling to compile so hopefully anyone can jump in the lake at any time!! Luckily (??) the contract job I was supposed to start a week ago has been delayed until after Turkey Day or I'd be working 12 & 13 hour days too & struggling to keep up with the Magnificent Mental Masses around here!!!

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 8, 12 8:41 PM
Good night everyone . Good luck Mrs. CCL! See you all tomorrow.

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 8, 12 8:46 PM
Eoarod wrote:dzzy & crazycatfishlady (love the moniker btw) - we have all the solutions in one tidy place too (well - a FEW tidy places ) short lists on Pg. 30 & 130 & check Hondo's post on Pg. 1 for a link to the more comprehensive clue list!!!

The compilation lists are absolutely *invaluable* I'm sure I'm not the only one who's visited them numerous times to try to get a handle on things. You kind of have to if you want to attempt to ascertain how clues are, or could be, related.

kristis86: I can relate to what you're feeling. It would be fun to hunt down clues across the far reaches of the internet and print out puzzle pieces, but it's also a tremendous amount of work. Especially if you're not social media savvy. I'm also hoping they keep things closer to "home" from now on, to give everyone a fair chance at solving clues.

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 8, 12 8:57 PM
Eoarod wrote:dzzy - no wories mate! I just put the pages up again b/c I wasn't sure if crazycatfishlady knew & didn't want her to scroll & scroll & through 136 pages then find out - she'd hurt us LOL - though boy howdy! She's still got a job in front of her! for Ms. CCL

Nobody gets hurt as long as I have a steady infusion of caffeine I'll gladly accept that And I'm sure I'll need a when all this work is done

Thanks, dzzzy! G'night!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 8, 12 9:21 PM
I updated my clue compilation on pg. 106. You can reach it by scrolling to the top of the page and clicking on the Go button beside all the page numbers. Enter 106 and then press Go again. Voila, you're at the current CC.

Detailed explanations of the clue's solutions are given where necessary.

*I finally got it done. That's what happens when you get 10 clues in one day*

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 8, 12 9:40 PM
You're welcome, kristis86. I'm glad they're helping you.

dzzzy - I have included the spelling error clues in my CC.

I also let everyone know where they could find the puzzle box fully formed so they wouldn't have to jump to all those non BFG sites if they are not able to get to them.

Purplerabbit uploaded the completed puzzle box to the MCF FB page. Thanks PR!!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 8, 12 9:41 PM
ETA: I really detest twitter and FB (and yes, I am computer literate) - BFG isn't going to get any 'likes' from me

U & Me both sas

But three cheers and a tiger to them as r for finding & teasing out all the clews and putting them together bit by bit.....

Hmmm feel a song coming on....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 8, 12 9:44 PM
I am glad that the social media fishies are solving the external clues and giving us links. I don't have a PoP on anything outside BFG.

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 8, 12 10:14 PM
GameLvr30 wrote:I updated my clue compilation on pg. 106.

Oh man(atee), that's gonna save me a lot of work! This is the comprehensive list I needed Thanks for posting

saskatil, that's a great idea. I'd wondered at one point if someone could start a blog exclusively for all the clue info, but I didn't think BFG would smile on that particular endeavor

[Post New]by kcw1976jsc on Nov 8, 12 10:27 PM
So I was playing around with the KILGVXG BLFI WRTRGH clue using 1-26 with a=1 and z=26. I added up each word and got KILGVXG=92, BLFI=29, and WRTRGH=94. I added those three together and got 215. I then added 2+1+5=8. I then took each total and added the numbers until I got a single digit. 9+2=11, 1+1=2. 2+9=11, 1+1=2. 9+4=13, 1+3=4. I then addded those totals together, 2+2+4=8. I then took the totals 11, 11 and 13 and added them up and got 35. 3+5=8. It probably doesn't mean anything but I thought it was weird that they all ended up equaling 8. Still I thought I should throw it out there just in case.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 8, 12 10:30 PM
crazycatfishlady wrote:
GameLvr30 wrote:I updated my clue compilation on pg. 106.

Oh man(atee), that's gonna save me a lot of work! This is the comprehensive list I needed Thanks for posting

saskatil, that's a great idea. I'd wondered at one point if someone could start a blog exclusively for all the clue info, but I didn't think BFG would smile on that particular endeavor

You're welcome, crazyCFlady.

ramps01
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ramps01 on Nov 8, 12 11:07 PM
kcw1976jsc wrote:So I was playing around with the KILGVXG BLFI WRTRGH clue using 1-26 with a=1 and z=26. I added up each word and got KILGVXG=92, BLFI=29, and WRTRGH=94.

I did that too.

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 8, 12 11:18 PM
Just some random thoughts. Maybe they will lead someone somewhere useful,

DOC for Department of Corrections and protect your digits (not confirmed yet I think) as in my earlier post. But also what was the first pic outside of the announcement? It was concept art with the biggest picture one of a SHERIFF's office!

I don't think Talon actually lead us anywhere, right? Correct me if I am wrong on this. I seem to remember that in some book or game somewhere Talon was a character's name. It could also be an acronym ( like T.A.L.O.N.) for some organization. Perhaps we will be up against The Ancient League Of Nuts!

Also, Hondo has mod privileges. Could he have added something like a link in one of our posts and was telling us to look carefully at them? I will check mine and see if anything comes up and report back in this post.

ETA: Just went thru all my post on this thread and found no alterations.

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 11:29:17 PM PST

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 8, 12 11:23 PM
My head is aching and so is my body. Ugh. There seems to be an epidemic in the pond!

I'm in awe of everything you fishies have accomplished! I'd write you a song to celebrate, but my thinkers done thought out for tonight. Maybe it will be working better tomorrow.

I'm off to slumberland (I almost wrote off to sleep with the fishies, and realized THAT wasn't a pleasant thought - I'm not sure I'd look good in cement overshoes!)

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 9, 12 1:39 AM
Good morning everyone!

Saw Hondo´s list now. Well done fishies!!
So my speculations were wrong. As every year.
Think l should give my MCF badge back.

[Post New]by Pirate_Pete on Nov 9, 12 2:38 AM
samspunker wrote:

DOC for Department of Corrections and protect your digits (not confirmed yet I think) as in my earlier post. But also what was the first pic outside of the announcement? It was concept art with the biggest picture one of a SHERIFF's office!

Pickman's use of the word "Doc" taking some of you to Department of Corrections has always seemed too much of a leap to me

However, the tower in that picture behind the Sherrif's office, that some have identified as a water tower, looks to me more like a Watchtower... that could tie in with some sort of "Correctional Facility"...

Rockingmum
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Rockingmum on Nov 9, 12 2:49 AM
SabreQueen wrote:ETA: I really detest twitter and FB (and yes, I am computer literate) - BFG isn't going to get any 'likes' from me

U & Me both sas

But three cheers and a tiger to them as r for finding & teasing out all the clews and putting them together bit by bit.....

Hmmm feel a song coming on....

You can count me in!
I spend many hours a day behind my Puterscreen but no FB, Tweeting and so on for me.
Only here, and then only a particulary time every year you can find me!
Not that anyone is searching,but hey.

I know I'm not mentioned in Hondo's list, but I still have my own theories and will see when the Game comes out if I'm wrong, completely wrong or an idi*t.
'Cause I'm SOOOOO going to buy this game!

Had still no reply from my Job apllication.
Check it every day to see if something changes or a clue emerges.

Now, carry on!

Go to: