Greyfox2
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Greyfox2 on Mar 10, 18 4:43 PM
Recently, my iPad mini’s battery died. Fearing the worst, I figured I would get the battery replaced. I figured I would loose everything I had built up over 4 years of use. I sent the iPad off to Apple; what returned was a different unit. Oh-oh I thought. Well, I ‘booted’ up, and an hour or so later, all was as it was before I sent my beloved unit off to Apple land. I was most relieved to open Midnight Castle and be right back where I left it about a week previous. And that was during the latest CC! Had some serious catching up to do. Perhaps using iCloud back-up actually works?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 10, 18 5:31 PM
Hello Greyfox2,

I'm so glad your iPad was fix and that no Midnight Castle progress was lost! If your game is linked to a Facebook account (a feature only available to iOS players) then the game's progress reloaded after you signed back into the game.

In any case, I'd recommend recording the game's Friend Code. Our Midnight Castle Support Team can transfer progress from one profile to another as long as they have both the original and the new Friend Codes.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if there are any remaining questions. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Greyfox2
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Greyfox2 on Mar 11, 18 10:25 AM
I am not a Facebooker!

[Post New]by remobemo on Mar 12, 18 1:32 PM

Edited on 03/12/2018 at 1:48:26 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 14, 18 12:32 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience and understanding in regards to specific spam posts that sometimes appear in our forums. The Forum Moderation Team does its best to remove these posts as quickly as possible, and we apologize for the impact it has on our players enjoying and utilizing the forums. For more information about our actions for this issue as well as more about the persistent nature of the issue, please read our announcement below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

Greyfox2, thank you for letting us know you're not on Facebook. While our game isn't created with the intention of being used with the iCloud service and we don't recommend relying on it, I'm glad it appears to have been able to help in this instance.

Thank you all for your patience again, and for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Puzzles

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Mar 15, 18 4:29 PM
Cannot get puzzle pieces. From activating sparks to open packets.

Wasted 12 sparkles. Trying to open 5 piece packets, twice.

Hit open nothing happened. No pieces appeared. Thought maybe I had not done correctly, so slowly and carefully did it again noted number of sparkles I had sure enough number did decrease When the “open” appeared, tapped it. Again no puzzle pieces.
Bummer

Help!

Firedragon13
i1118148

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 16, 18 1:32 PM
Hello Firedragon13,

I'm sorry there's been recent trouble with the puzzle pieces in Midnight Castle. If Puzzle Packs were purchased but not puzzle pieces were received, then please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll be able to help you resolve this technical glitch.

If duplicate puzzles pieces were received in that pack, then I can definitely understand what a bummer that'd be. Puzzle pieces are rewarded at random, although certain pieces have different drop rates. This means that while it's impossible to predict which puzzle pieces will be rewarded to you, some pieces are more rare than others. I'm sorry that I'm not able to provide a more helpful answer.

Thanks for reaching out. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're here to listen and glad to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

peanut242
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by peanut242 on Mar 17, 18 1:35 AM
I am experiencing the same problem that was addressed a while ago, whereas when I try to craft an item and go to the Zoom Zone to collect what is required I don't get that item, meaning it's just draining my inventory. Please look into this, as I know it was fixed previously.

toltrider
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by toltrider on Mar 17, 18 6:36 AM
Mysteriously all my friends are back!

I lost 100 friends overnight. What happened? How do I get them all back? I went to BFG website and it is totally changed, almost impossible to get around, very user unfriendly. What happened?

Edited on 03/17/2018 at 10:44:19 AM PST

[Post New]by zimou13 on Mar 18, 18 8:03 PM
The “Report a Problem” link in the App Store just reports it to iTunes support, so skip that for now. Instead, open iTunes on a desktop system and search the iTunes Store for your broken app. Click on Ratings and Reviews. Just above customer reviews is App Support. Tap on this and you’ll often find the quickest method to reach out to the developer.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 20, 18 2:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear there have been a couple of issues! Let's see what we can work out together.

peanut242: Thank you for letting us know that you've run into this issue. Please go ahead and contact our Midnight Castle Support Team and include your Friend Code. If you recall which items this is happening with, specifically, that could also be very helpful for checking into this.

toltrider: I'm sorry to hear that happened. Sometimes there can be visual issues where friends disappear for a bit. Reloading the game can often correct that issue, so we suggest giving that a try if it ever comes up again. If they stay gone, however, please let our Midnight Castle Support Team know so we can better look into it.

As always, please feel free to contact one of our active Moderators if there are any other questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 23, 18 8:04 AM
I would love to play this game, but after downloading and installing, the game won't progress beyond 2/6 installed. anyone else have this problem? Windows XP.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 23, 18 12:25 PM
Hello dollyflower,

I'm really sorry that Midnight Castle won't progress past being two-sixths of the way installed. Let's see what we can do to fix this.

Since installing an app requires a strong, stable connection, it’s better to be connected to Wi-Fi before starting the installation. If the mobile device isn't connected to a Wi-Fi source, please follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings.
2. Select Wi-Fi.
3. Verify that Wi-Fi is on and the device is connected to a network.
4. View the Wi-Fi icon (curved bars), to check the strength of the signal.

I'd also recommend taking a look at the suggestions in the help article below:

Connection issues

Please email our Midnight Castle Support Team for further assistance if those instructions don't help. Thanks for your patience. You're always welcome to PM the moderator if new questions arise, too.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by lcline1952 on Mar 25, 18 7:30 PM
the only issue i have with it is it took all my friends when i updated

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 26, 18 12:26 PM
Hello lcline1952,

I'm sorry to hear there was a loss of Friends on your Friend's List. I recommend seeing if there are players in the forum who would like to add you and you add them by checking out the currently available Spring Event threads as well as the following thread for iOS Friend Codes:

iOS Friend Codes

That should help with getting a Friend's List going again. Thank you for your time and patience, and I'm sorry that the game seems to have forgotten that list. I'll be sure to let the right teams know what you reported here today. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 29, 18 10:08 AM
Just so you know, after going through all the troubleshooting steps for the game freezing (repeatedly in the Spring room HOS) & losing my game (!!!) & having to get it restored to a new code, I am again having problems with it freezing today.
Not every HOS, but about half, take up to 3 minutes to drop the winnings so you can proceed.
I am also getting several "Your friend doesn't have a private room yet" messages, even though I'm IN that friend's private room, followed by a "no connection" message when it finally unfreezes.

I only have 27 friends now instead of the 96 I had previously, so it's not the same problem as I was having with the Spring Terrace freezing last year from having too many friends.
IMHO, it's because of the new Spring room HOS.
Druid on iPhone SE

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 29, 18 10:45 AM
Hello DesertDruid,

Thanks for following up here to report what you've experienced. I definitely recommend staying in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team with this information since you've already contacted them about these issues. If you still have access to the latest reply from working with our team, replying directly to this with these updated details would help them follow up and assist further. In any case, it will help update our investigation into this report. Thank you for your patience and time while working with our teams.

I'm sorry that this issue has persisted despite some troubleshooting as well as for that loss of progress. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 29, 18 11:44 AM
Thanks bfgllinalta, I'll do that.

Bethcamm
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Bethcamm on Mar 31, 18 8:46 AM
Hi, wonderful tech help folks,

I have many great friends, but about half of them seem to disappear right before the last gifting window. Then I gift others, and the rest seem to suddenly reappear. Can you help me with this? Friend code i1274856.

Thanks!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 31, 18 2:10 PM
Hello Bethcamm,

I'm sorry your friends disappear and reappear! Our Midnight Castle Support Team will be able to investigate this further than we can in the forums. Please email them and include your Friend Code with the inquiry.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope you continue to enjoy the Spring Event!

bfgBeruna

Go to: