ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

How do you kick a friend

[Post New]by ldeachus on Feb 4, 14 2:38 PM
I have 4 friends and have sent gifts multiple times. Only one friend has ever reciprocated. Two (lvl 21 and 18) have never gifted back and another I have never heard from except for the accept. How do I bump the 3 out of my friend list? Thanks.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Re:How do you kick a friend

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 4, 14 3:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that the lvl 21 is John. The first friend that everyone gets (even if they don't want him). I have never received anything from him and just assumed that it was not a real player. The lvl 18 might be locked out of the game. A lot of players have been. It sucks but BFG says they are working to solve the problem.

Finally, I haven't seen any way to remove someone from your friends list. I'm not sure it's possible. But I could be wrong.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 4, 14 4:10 PM
Also, a lot of good people did not realize that you could see who was sending you gifts by clicking on the gift box instead of clicking on "Get All'. The people you sent to may not even know that it was you sending them something.

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Feb 4, 14 4:51 PM
Good comments. I was also thinking, the only way someone can give you a gift is if they actually have one of the gifts you need. Often our friends may be needing the same things we do and can't give what they don't have. When I could plan, I would try to gift back when I could, but always used the gifts I had to give hoping it would work out for everyone.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 4, 14 6:31 PM
Some players have upwards of 300 friends & it is often hard to keep up with the gifting, especially as you can only gift 5 per day. Sometimes I received more than 5 gifts per day, which makes it hard to reciprocate. It will all work out in the end.

ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ldeachus on Feb 4, 14 9:58 PM
OK then - I need to add some friends that are willing to give back when I send them something. I can't believe all the gifts I have sent "dear" John. If anyone is interested - let me know your number.

Thanks for all the replies - it was an eye-opener.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 4, 14 10:10 PM
Check out the "friend codes" thread. Add your own code and players who are currently active will likely send friend requests. Or you can go through and add some of the codes you see there. Just start at the end and work your way back.

If you want return gifts, consider asking for things that aren't on every other wish list.

My hope is that the gift boxes will finally be useful when they give us an update that isn't broken. Something like a random item is revealed when the gifts are given to friends.

Edited on 02/04/2014 at 10:11:08 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 5, 14 3:47 AM
I think that you shouldn't expect anything in return when you gift someone. That, of course, is just how I feel about it. When I hand over a gift to a player, I certainly don't make a note of whom I sent it to, and expect them to gift me back.

Perhaps it's best then not to gift anyone so you won't get disappointed if you don't get a gift back. I have gifted quite a few people here (usually those on the lower levels to help them get started) who didn't give me a gift in return, and I don't expect one.

And as was said, quite often other players need the same items for their quests that you have in your wish list. So it would be rather futile for them to send you something they need as well, just so they can reciprocate.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 5, 14 6:09 AM
I have to reply to Okiejustme's comment, it should not matter if you need the item you are sending or not. I send stuff all the time that I need. I'm moving along quite nicely in the game doing so.

The game gives you whatever you need, except eggs, and if you give someone a shield of honor and you need it too you'll get another after you play a few HOS games.

Just saying because I might never send anyone anything if I waited for them to ask for items I don't need. We all need the same things.

I'm finding that I just want eggs but I'll have to get them on my own. Someday they'll come up on my wheel of fortune and I'll play it till I win one.

PS- if anyone is having trouble getting the game to give them what they want during quests make sure that you always go through the character icons and use the FIND feature.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

How do you kick a friend

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Feb 5, 14 1:04 PM
ldeachus wrote:I have 4 friends and have sent gifts multiple times. Only one friend has ever reciprocated. Two (lvl 21 and 18) have never gifted back and another I have never heard from except for the accept. How do I bump the 3 out of my friend list? Thanks.

Make sure you have items that you want/need in your wish list. No one can send you anything if you don't. Also, if you have hard to find or big ticket items in your wish list, some people either might not have them to give or can't afford to purchase with diamonds.
Good luck.
Audrey

Edited on 02/05/2014 at 1:06:49 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Feb 5, 14 5:47 PM
just a note of something I had noticed in my game while gifting: After gifting, it goes back to the start of the alphabet and dense me, did not realize until probably several days of gifting that I was using my five daily gifts to those with names beginning with a thru c or however far I got with the items I had to gift before I ran out for the day (except for those that I was returning a gift favor). I try and return gift if I have what the person needs but it hard to keep up with them all once you have several friends and I started just going through the whole alpha listing first before sending gifts. I also was gifting my five all at once at begin of first play of day. I hope I can eventually help everyone in some way (maybe when and if update, we will be able to gift more than 5 per day. I am playing on the second user game but not spending $ and it is not as fun to me (maybe my low patience level or bad spending habit don't know

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Feb 5, 14 6:17 PM
Hey basmith12,

I was annoyed at first that after sending a gift and accepting the 'thank you' card my friend list would scroll back to the beginning. If you leave the card sitting there and don't accept it, the list will stay where you had it and it's much easier to go through the list of friends so you can continue gifting without having to start from the beginning each time. I am PRETTY sure that the 'thank you' cards still count towards your achievement because I scrolled to the very end the first few trimes I tried this and they were all there.

Audrey

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 5, 14 7:44 PM
Great tip, Audreyfavre!! Will try it...sounds alot easier!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 6, 14 12:47 AM
Had wondered myself. Will try with tomorrow's gifting. Better than trying to use a different 5 letters of the alphabet each day to reach the end.

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Feb 6, 14 4:30 AM
ldeachus wrote:OK then - I need to add some friends that are willing to give back when I send them something. I can't believe all the gifts I have sent "dear" John. If anyone is interested - let me know your number.

Thanks for all the replies - it was an eye-opener.

Gosh, me too! I was wondering about the level 21 and was thinking he wasn't playing anymore. It's a shame they put a fake person in there. But I guess it's to show us how to play the game. I was so excited when I could gift I sent him something every day and then never got a thing back. LOL. I bet his gift box is over flowing!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 6, 14 6:00 AM
Not accepting the thank you cards worked like a charm for me today! Was able to get to the end of the alphabet much easier and my thank you cards were in my inventory when I was done. Much better system of gifting! Thanks for the tip!

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Feb 6, 14 9:37 AM
Thanks to all for the great tips! It does help and saves time as I said I am very impatient but trying to do better especially after playing the ftp games. no choice but patience! Thanks again

Go to: