Level 4.3

[Post New]by WaterWitch09 on Feb 5, 14 5:42 PM
I'm stuck a bit on this one for the last little while. I get very, very close but always run out of time on the last step of "cleansing the infected soil". Any tips would be appreciated.

eng60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Level 4.3

[Post New]by eng60 on Feb 5, 14 6:38 PM
Me too, walkthrough of the order to follow and list of bonuses to use would be welcome from anyone who has cracked it. The level 3.5 advice was helpful though I couldn't get gold!

eng60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by eng60 on Feb 5, 14 6:59 PM
Have now managed to finish this level by building the large sawmill first, then getting 2 workers and then using +resources as often as possible esp for food and gold even if I had to wait a few moments for it to activate. Hints to get gold still welcome.

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Feb 5, 14 7:52 PM
I replayed this several times without much success til this afternoon. I went back to replay it so I could tell how I got it; but after 6 tries I gave up. So I'll tell you what I remember.
I cleared all resources except the lumber piles and the recurring food (I did clear the wood piles that you chop) until the +Resources (double) could start. Then I collected all lumber & food. As soon as wood was available, repair sawmill & upgrade. After lumber was all collected, pick up the gold. Build the bridge going up the middle, collect resources, and clear the snow pile. Add 2nd worker when wood becomes available. I mainly used the +resources bonus. And like eng60 said, wait for it.
I worked my way towards the unclean soil first. When I got to the big boulders, there I used the discount bonus if it was getting close to becoming available. I added the 3rd worker when I had enough materials. I built and upgraded the Sun Crystal (?) last, which means you gotta fight the dragons a couple of times. After clearing the wood from the left, I left most of the food & gold there to use towards the end of the level.

That's probably about as clear as mud! But maybe it will help someone figure it out.

[Post New]by WaterWitch09 on Feb 5, 14 10:02 PM
Oh my gosh, I got it with 1, maybe 2, seconds to spare! Thanks for the tips

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 6, 14 7:39 AM
Yeah, I made it with the help from here. It is detrimental to upgrade the sawmill all the way before a second man and use the double the resources button, and making way to the bad soil. I did it, I did it, I did it!!

angelfiche
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by angelfiche on Feb 8, 14 6:11 AM
Yay I've also just finished this level by taking advice from here. I concentrated on upgrading my sawmill before getting a second helper and then worked my way towards the soil, using the double bonus for resources but also using the 1/2 bonus a couple of times for the boulders. I didn't need to venture out to the upper right at all and finished on gold with about a second to spare. Thank you fishes for your help.

[Post New]by Twoblackcats on Feb 10, 14 8:48 AM
Hi, I cannot manage to get gold, despite using these tips. I usually have one level of soil left to clean as the gold time runs out. I think I've played this level about 15 times now. It also seems like whenever I just click on the + resources button, those darn dragons appear and eat up my time even if I have the crimson tower. Any suggestions/steps beyond what is here to get gold? I'm soooo close. Thanks!

[Post New]by WaterWitch09 on Feb 10, 14 5:56 PM
1. Start picking up resources and moving towards the sawmill. At this point, other than the wood pile right in front of you, only pick up things that are in your way. After chopping 2 fallen trees you'll have enough to get the sawmill going. Do so.

2. Chop the third log in your way and then hold a few seconds to hit the double carry bonus. Pick up resources as quickly as you can, trying to get at least one full pile of wood, gold and food. Upgrade your sawmill.

3. Build the little bridge to the left and hit the double carry bonus again. Gather as much as you can, and get a 2nd worker as soon as you have enough wood.

4. Build the 1st level of the sky tower and use your 1/2cost bonus to build the bridge towards the soiled earth.

5. Use one worker to clear snowbanks, the other to gather resources. Hit the double carry bonus when you can and get a 3rd worker when you have enough wood.

6. Keep 1 worker constantly gathering resources, using the other two to work towards the top and the right. Dragons will attack, don't wait for the tower to take care of it, help out by clicking them.

7. After building the little bridge towards the top, you can upgrade your tower fully.

8. Use the 1/2 cost bonus to knock through the first big boulder and build the little bridge to the right.

9. Wait a few seconds until the double carry bonus is ready and then use all 3 workers to start collecting from the resource island at top right. When your gold starts filling up, send 1 worker to bust through the rest of the boulders.

10. Hit the double carry bonus again and let the other 2 workers finish clearing that island. On the last boulder, hit double carry again and collect the renewable gold and food.

11. Cleanse the soil and keep using the double carry bonus to get those renewable resources.

[Post New]by Twoblackcats on Feb 12, 14 1:06 PM
Thank you so much, WaterWitch! I finally got gold on this level. One thing that I didn't realize right away is that when you use the +Resources powerup, it actually counts the double resource when you enter the camp, not when you have the green checkmark on the resource. In this level, it allowed me to send workers up to the island on the right before the +Resources button was ready and still counted them double when they got back when it kicked in. Maybe that was obvious to everyone else!

[Post New]by WaterWitch09 on Feb 12, 14 1:29 PM
Twoblackcats wrote:Thank you so much, WaterWitch! I finally got gold on this level. One thing that I didn't realize right away is that when you use the +Resources powerup, it actually counts the double resource when you enter the camp, not when you have the green checkmark on the resource. In this level, it allowed me to send workers up to the island on the right before the +Resources button was ready and still counted them double when they got back when it kicked in. Maybe that was obvious to everyone else!

You're very welcome And yes, that's an important distinction to mention. Took me a couple of levels to figure it out myself! Timing and patience are very important in this game.

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by judithd on Feb 17, 14 10:30 AM
My sticking point is that I cannot see the dragonets and I'm forced to let the tower get them. Therefore I upgrade the tower asap. I wonder if this level can be won if I have to let the tower do my work for me.

versco999
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by versco999 on Mar 30, 14 10:39 PM
I found that if I don't wait for the 1/2 bonus in the step-by-step above (thank you WW) but only use the double carry bonus I was able to finish with time to spare.

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Aug 29, 14 9:22 PM
I completely lost track of how many times I had to play this level to get gold. It was a combination of all of the above. Started out as WW says, clearing, building +upgrade to sawmill, using +resources often, adding 2nd worker, collecting resources on left path. I did not wait for the 1/2 bonus to cross center bridge. I also did not clear the snowbank or use any resources on path to right. Pushed straight forward, mostly using + resources, but according to timing, was able to use the 1/2 bonus once or twice on boulders/soil. I added 3rd worker and built sky crystal periodically when enough wood was available. Assisted in slaying dragons. I had to grab "floating" resources to finish. Used speed bonus to finish last task with about 1 second to spare. Now I'm going to pick up my eyeballs from the desktop and go to bed!

angel1942
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by angel1942 on Dec 29, 14 11:37 AM
How do I clean the soil?

Go to: