where is the strategy guide?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:strategy guide

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 6, 14 4:01 AM
Hi grizzly3159,

There seems to be a problem a lot of gamers are having with the SG being missing. I just posted in another thread about this. I bought the full game and everything is where it should be for me, including the SG.

Perhaps there's some fault in it not showing in the demo. I'm playing the bought game on an old Vista computer without any problem at all.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Feb 6, 14 6:11 AM
There have been a few CEs which don't allow you to see the SG in the demo; I haven't been able to find it either.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 6, 14 7:20 AM
No SG for me either, I've exited to menu but it's not there.

Would be the first time Dark Parables wouldn't put the SG in the sample offered to demo... so there's something wrong or Dark P aren't up to their, up to now, excellent reputation....

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 6, 14 7:27 AM
The SG is labelled Guide and is located above the RHS of the inventory bar. Your Tasks are on the LHS.
Cheers
Oops, seems there is no SG in the Sample version (tut, tut Blue Tea Games).

Edited on 02/06/2014 at 11:47:36 PM PST

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Feb 6, 14 7:56 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:The SG is labelled Guide and is located above the RHS of the inventory bar. Your Tasks are on the LHS.
Cheers

Unfortunately, the SG is not there for me. I wish I had a guarantee that the strategy guide would appear if I buy the game, but so far there doesn't seem to be one.

DK

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 6, 14 7:56 AM
Maybe the SG is there for some and not for others, or it shows up after you purchase the game??? I don't have it in my demo. Glitch???

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 6, 14 8:04 AM
Hi guys,

All I can say, as I've said in the other thread, is that I bought the game, am playing it on a 7 year old PC I don't really bother updating, and I have the SG, map, objectives, Parable collectibles, cursed objects... the whole shooting match. It's all there.

Why not buy it if you really want it, and if you still don't have it in the paid for game, I'm sure CS will reimburse you.

I think it's simply not available in the demo, as cynththemoler points out.

[Post New]by Heavenlyrabbit on Feb 6, 14 8:24 AM
Playing on an iMac, the GUIDE (Strategy Guide) is there in the demo.

I just finished the demo. It's labelled "Guide" and it's not that obviously placed, so I think some people may just be missing it.

It's above the Inventory towards the right side.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Feb 6, 14 9:02 AM
G'day,

I wanted to let you know that we're taking a look at this right now.

For those purchasing this Collector's Edition, you should find that the Strategy Guide is there once the full version is activated.

We'll do what we can to get to the bottom of what has happened to the guide in the Demo.

bfgMurrumbidgee

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Feb 6, 14 11:50 AM
Ok, is it for sure the strategy guide will be there when buying the full version? What if not - will the buyer be reimcursed then?

I have all DPs and would love to have this one too. As such a strange "incompleteness" in the demo never happened in BT games, I am not so really convinced to buy without a correction.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 6, 14 12:00 PM
I've always found that if there is a problem with a game, big fish will always refund. So even if you buy it and find out it is still not there, you need not be out of pocket.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 6, 14 12:57 PM
JustTheFacts wrote:I've always found that if there is a problem with a game, big fish will always refund. So even if you buy it and find out it is still not there, you need not be out of pocket.

I think so also, JTF

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 6, 14 1:59 PM
Hey Tiger

You're right, there was no strategy guide in the demo
but there is one in the full version.

That map in the demo was useless for me.
I had to use the hint button when I was stuck.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Feb 6, 14 2:33 PM
ok, relying on your good advice and confiding BF as always - I will buy this game now.

Will see if there is a SG after all.....

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Feb 6, 14 3:26 PM
I just purchased the game and there is definitely a STRATEGY GUIDE. You have to purchase first cause I didn't have a guide when I demoed.... Happy gaming

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Feb 6, 14 3:30 PM
Great! The SG is there and it is a wonderful game!

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Feb 6, 14 10:46 PM
I have looked everywhere in the guide to find the Queen's cuff. It just says to put it on the queen, not where to get it. Bought this game and now very frustrated!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 7, 14 12:16 AM
BlackWaterRules wrote:Hey Tiger

You're right, there was no strategy guide in the demo
but there is one in the full version.

That map in the demo was useless for me.
I had to use the hint button when I was stuck.

Hi there, BWR

I'm glad it's there for you now. About the map, I'm afraid it doesn't get much better in the actual game. It's confusing me also. Looks like I need to go down, down again and then left, except I end up somewhere completely different plus it's not a teleport map. That's a shame, but still it's a wonderful game and I'm continuing today.

Have fun!!

ETA: Congratulations on your morph to

Edited on 02/07/2014 at 12:30:46 AM PST

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Feb 7, 14 4:34 AM
Um, err, well, I hate to mention this, but it did say sample version and when it says that, not all the special features are available.

Go to: