Just curious...

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Just curious...

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Feb 6, 14 4:01 PM
What does everyone do for a living? Or what do you focus your time on during the day (when we're not playing - haha!)?

I found out today that we have a resident electrician in the forums. I think it's fantastic - a woman electrician! I'm impressed!

Midnightdreemz
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Just curious...

[Post New]by Midnightdreemz on Feb 6, 14 6:47 PM
retired animal advocate, rescuse, rehab and release/new homing. outsourcing for foster and adoption of abused, injured/neglected horses, cats and dogs mostly. hopefully w/o offending anyone, its safe to say im no fan of Michael Vick.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Feb 6, 14 7:11 PM
That is impressive Midnightdreemz - good for you!

I'm no fan either. I can't stand cruelty towards animals. Or children. Or anyone really!

I'm sure you've done a lot of good over your lifetime!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Feb 6, 14 7:55 PM
Fun thread start Suzey!

I am a journeyman wireman, working in commercial and industrial.

(Am I safe to say aw, shucks, or am I too presumptuous with your earlier post? Blushing either way! )

Edited on 02/06/2014 at 8:12:57 PM PST

elena516
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by elena516 on Feb 6, 14 10:46 PM
I'm almost a psychiatric nurse (missing the final exam thesis to get the degree, I hope this april). Actually unemployed; I stay at home and watch for my baby, husband, mom and grandmother. My baby is now 11 months; mom is ill and grandmother is stuck in bed so I have a lot to do anyway...

Edited on 02/07/2014 at 3:22:11 AM PST

Turicella
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Turicella on Feb 6, 14 11:59 PM
I am laboratory worker in a microbiological laboratory. We search all the microbes in urine, stool, wounds, genital and respiratory samples. At home I have three children, they are grown up but still live here. We are like a flat-sharing community.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Well!

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Feb 7, 14 9:35 AM
I say we have quite an impressive neighborhood!

I am a Web Developer and a writer. So far we have:

A Journeyman mastering all areas (yep - that was you Steph)
Animal Hero - not that you're an animal. You are the hero for animals! lol
Psychiatric Nurse (praying you will pass those exams) and Wonder Woman at Home
Microbiological Sleuth and also Wonder Woman at Home
Web Developer/Writer

Hmmm... I know we have other gems hiding in the forum. Looking forward to discovering you!

<-- imagine a pot of gold at the end of this baby!

[Post New]by Texasmidnightsky on Feb 7, 14 9:47 AM
wow! such illustrious company im just a homebody who takes care of the books for hubby's biz..i am known as the "rose lady" of the nbrhood and i chart returning hummingbirds that visit our back yard and feeders every year. oh and my grown children got me hooked on games with artari 2600 and "ntendo" mostly rpgs many years ago.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Feb 7, 14 1:19 PM
So, we can add Brilliant Accountant/Rose Expert to the neighborhood.

RPG's are my favorite - with Final Fantasy being the all time fave. I'm sure you've played it? Oh! And Mario, and Donkey Kong. Oh yeah... those were the good games.

zsautner
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by zsautner on Feb 7, 14 1:28 PM
I'm a Market Researcher by trade - mostly pharmaceuticals. But right now I'm unemployed, so if you know of any Marketing jobs, let me know!

If I had my way, I'd be in Interior Designer - that would be my dream job!

lanimur
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by lanimur on Feb 7, 14 1:44 PM
So many interesting occupations!!
I recently retired and discovered computer games. Worked for over 20 years in the Australian Public Service doing a number of roles during that time-- face-to-face enquiries from public, assisting young people with employment/education/community service referrals, administration of labour market programmes, call centre, processing of income support payments and allowances to name just a few.

Edited on 02/07/2014 at 2:18:03 PM PST

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Feb 7, 14 10:15 PM
Two more gems in the neighborhood!

Lanimur the Aussie serving the public and especially the young people, and multi-talented! Careful with the computer games... highly addictive and hard on the eyesight..

And Zenobia - Market Research (I'm impressed!) with an Interior Design passion. Why not go back to school and get a degree in Interior Design? That would be so awesome!

I love finding out about you all. It's been so fun getting to know you!

Oudespoor
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Oudespoor on Feb 8, 14 1:41 AM
I live in the UK and am an Assistant Manager of a Branded Restaurant known throughout the USA and UK. I work 8-14 hour shifts 6 days a week especially over weekends. Currently on holiday leave til 13th Feb. My hubby and I have 3 teenage children and I joined BFG in 2005.

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Feb 8, 14 7:25 AM
I am an advocate for the autism community and families. I also do Pranic Healing (Energy work), Am retired from the world of IT - automated laboratories in the Pharmaceutical and Environmental industries. Previously aerospace engineer.

HeroKann
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by HeroKann on Feb 8, 14 10:59 AM
kiki5621 - Wow, you must be something else! Kind of a genius, I guess...

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

I am impressed

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Feb 8, 14 11:30 AM
This is truly a great community with some very talented people. The running list looks like this:

A Journeyman mastering all areas (yep - that was you Steph)
Animal Hero - not that you're an animal. You are the hero for animals! lol
Psychiatric Nurse (praying you will pass those exams) and Wonder Woman at Home
Microbiological Sleuth and also Wonder Woman at Home
Web Developer/Writer
Brilliant Accountant/Rose Expert
Market Researcher/Future (hoping!) Interior Designer Extraordinaire
Multi-talented Public Service influencing the future generation Aussie
English Assistant Manager with an incredible work load! Amazing!
Pranic Healer/Ex-IT-Aerospace Engineer/Hero for the Autistic

My commentary:
What a privilege to be a part of such an amazing community. Wow!

Kiki - my 24 yo son was moderate to severe autistic. I had no idea why he was so different for the first five years and then discovered autism. Today he is a walking miracle. He has excelled in the Speech and Debate Team at the University winning a National Award; graduating this year with a degree in Chemistry, a minor in Communication and minor in Math. He has no qualms walking up to anyone, looking them in the eye, shaking their hand, and having a great conversation. To look at him, you would not notice anything strange. I can tell a few issues still cause I'm the mama. But most everything is gone. Praise God!

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

What a great community.

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Feb 8, 14 11:38 AM
Suzie - I sent you a PM on the autism subject.

Thank you all for participating in this discussion. It is fun to see what everyone is doing and is interested in. Live your passion.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Feb 8, 14 1:46 PM
I worked in law enforcement for 23 years, then for a law firm. Was downsized last summer when the office I was in moved to another state. Now I am busier than ever caring for my husband and sons.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Feb 8, 14 6:28 PM
My first career was in Biology. I worked for almost 20 years at a college in the Biology lab, teaching anatomy, physiology, botany, zoology, microbiology. I then went to graduate school and got a degree in instructional systems and technology. For the past 15 years I have worked for a software company designing and developing classroom and online training.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Feb 8, 14 8:16 PM
More gems!

Biology College Professor/IT Guru
Law Enforcement/Law/and another Wonder Woman

Would you have ever thought that so many geeks were in the neighborhood?

Go to: