Edited on 02/07/2014 at 9:03:20 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Reviews for: Witches' Legacy: Hunter and the Hunted

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 7, 14 8:24 AM
Not a Really Good Legacy

This is a continuation of other Witches Legacy games. Having played only Charleston Curse, I was not up to speed on the story, but the game provides a whirlwind summary in the introductory movie. But unless you are a speed reader, the whirlwind is hard to follow.

You are Ms Anderson. Your daughter, Lynn is a "good" witch, so good she has power over life and death. And yet she cannot stop herself from being abducted by the "Witch Hunters" who want to avenge some past wrong. You are being "aided" by Elizabeth, a nemesis from an earlier game who was turned into a doll. She is the only one who can help you track the witch hunters so that you can rescue your daughter.

The music was good but not remarkable, puzzles and mini-games were very easy - too easy. Hidden object scenes were not quite as easy, and required interaction to get objects. Unfortunately, too often the location of objects did not make sense, but to explain further would be a spoiler. Quality of drawing was ok, not great but certainly on par with good games.

Voices were not great, it sounded like the actors were trying too hard to be convincing. You also have an "imp," a little green-eyed helper to get into places you cannot. In fact, Lynn's first words to you are "Mother, my imp has been acting strange today."

I did not encounter anything too "occult-ic" despite the witches theme. Nevertheless I did not care for the story, it was just too unbelievable for my tastes. Your's may vary.

I'll sit out this witch hunt.

ETA: there are a huge array of options in the menu for customizing difficulty, and those concerned about sparkles should like this aspect.

Edited on 02/07/2014 at 8:29:31 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 7, 14 9:02 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Witches' Legacy: Hunter and the Hunted here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Witches' Legacy: Hunter and the Hunted.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Feb 7, 14 2:00 PM
I was enjoying what I was playing, and was going to purchase it with my credit, but I looked at the walkthrough.

I was on the 3rd chapter when the trial stopped, and I still had 19 minutes left, when I looked at the walkthrough I saw there were only 3 chapters left.

Great game otherwise but for me far too short.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 7, 14 3:48 PM
Based on the Demo of the SE

The storyline was excellent. You've escaped from the evil Queen Morgana and are back safely on your own turf when you have a sense of foreboding. It becomes more than just a sense when the little witch, Elizabeth, shows up in your mailbox warning you that witch hunters are coming. That doll like animated witch was my favorite part of the game.

The soundtrack and voice overs are very well done. The graphics are bright, beautiful, crisp, clean, and colorful.

There is a journal, a map, and a little animated imp to assist you in the game.

The hidden object scenes are the list type, with lots of interactivity. The objects are well drawn and clear. You can switch to a match 2 game instead of the hidden object scene if you choose. The mini puzzles were typical of this genre, not too easy, not too hard.

This is a great dark-themed game made more enjoyable by the little animated characters throughout.

I played it right down to the last second of the demo.
It was an immediate buy for me.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Feb 11, 14 12:52 AM
I've only played Charleston Curse previously, but I believe this is a far superior game. The gameplay is logical, and the inter-active map is excellent. I like hidden object scenes, but the added benefit of being able to switch to a card-matching game is a nice element.

I just bought this game today, and I don't want to stop playing! Well worth a credit.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 11, 14 11:55 AM
A definate 5 out of 5 for me. Amazing graphics and animations....good story. This game also had a terrific transporter map that was a must since there was a great deal of jumping around.

For those HOS haters, this is not the one for you...there are many but you have the opportunity to play an alternative game or switch between if you need to. HOS were easy which made the game move right along.

Several puzzles/mini games, but if you didn't want to play them, the skip was immediate and you could just pass them by. Voice overs and music, which I usually mute were very good in this game and as a result I left them on. This appears to be a sequal to another game which I think I have, but can't remember the title of. But I think I will try to find and play it again.

All in all, this seemed to be a casual game players game and the imp was kinda cute. I generally don't like these litte characters crawling around, but he was a bit cute and not to annoying.

Don't remember ever referring to the journal...don't understand why they put these in games unless they are there to enhance the story...but it was there if you are a journal reader.

I did not find the game short as one demo player thought. It was a good length and I did not feel cheated at all.

Highly recommend...and it was worth the money.

Edited on 02/11/2014 at 11:58:10 AM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Feb 18, 14 3:29 PM
I enjoyed playing this game, thought it was a good follow-on from the previous ones.

The story line was easy to follow and relatively logical until we got to the airship. There, I think it kind of got a bit lost.

Loads of hidden object scenes, too many for my taste, but I didn't switch to match games because they're not my thing. Puzzles were fairly simple at the beginning but got slightly more complicated further into the game.

The graphics were really clear, voice overs were good, and there were lots of places to visit with an excellent jump map too.

The game kept my interest from beginning to end but, heck, what a sulky miserable looking boyfriend !!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 4, 14 5:57 PM
steve_san wrote:Not a Really Good LegacyThe music was good but not remarkable, puzzles and mini-games were very easy - too easy. Hidden object scenes were not quite as easy, and required interaction to get objects. Unfortunately, too often the location of objects did not make sense, but to explain further would be a spoiler. Quality of drawing was ok, not great but certainly on par with good games.

This one didn't blow my hair back with excitement. The order of game play seemed disjointed and illogical. Even after completing the demo, I still don't know why it was necessary to repair the gnome. The cut scenes didn't do much to clear things up.

I'll pass.

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Sep 7, 14 1:12 AM
This game, like other SE's I've played recently, was far too short. Finished in a day. But it did have some fun challenging puzzles (mini-games, specifically). I couldn't tell you at all what the story line was, but I go for difficulty, not story. It was okay for the $4.99 I paid. I like when HOP's have a different puzzle option, like matching blocks or a matching card game. This one had a fun matching card game. I liked it.

Go to: