zoemarie13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

families always weak, tired, sick

[Post New]by zoemarie13 on Feb 8, 14 3:28 AM
My peeps are always tired, weak, or sick. They don't have any other problems. They walk very slow and say they are sick. I have had the doctor look at them but he always comes back that it's non viral and doesn't give me any ideas. I do make sure they eat. Does anybody have any tips about this?

bkfrenchy
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:families always weak, tired, sick

[Post New]by bkfrenchy on Feb 13, 14 6:26 PM
Sometimes if you try one medicine and it doesnt work, they give you a hint as to what it may be.

zoemarie13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by zoemarie13 on Feb 14, 14 8:10 PM
Thank you but they don't give any indication that they need any one med. Like sneezing, coughing etc.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Mar 2, 14 1:00 PM
If they are tired see if you can make them take a nap. If they won't then keep making them sit on the sofa and praise them over and over till their energy bar is up. You can also praise them when they make coffee or a latte (they will only sometimes do this on their own, you can't make them). if there is an energy drink in the flea market get it for them.

I only had a couple of weak persons and that's because he/she had been sick for hours while I was offline. To fix them I first cured, then every time there was the hand sanitizer and bananas in the market I would give it to them. I also made sure they were showered and brushed teeth as often as possible as well as praising them for eating. If you have a bar-b-que you can make them eat repeatedly. the health will slowly rise as well as happiness level.

I found the more food I have in the fridge helps and I get organic.

zoemarie13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by zoemarie13 on Mar 7, 14 11:37 PM
Thank you for all your suggestions. I will try them in hopes that my peeps get well again.

zoemarie13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by zoemarie13 on Mar 7, 14 11:39 PM
Now I have another question. My peeps are always walking around the house saying they are smelling for something. I know they always do it in the fridge and then usually throw out a big fish. But now they are walking through the house saying they are smelling something. Does anyone have an answer to this question?

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Mar 8, 14 1:03 PM
They are smelling the room. There isn't an answer to it but a lot of people think they are smelling the previous tenants perfume

I just distract my peeps if I want them to do something else, then praise them for it. Then you see them do more of what you want them to do!

zoemarie13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by zoemarie13 on Mar 16, 14 11:08 AM
Thank you for answering my question. I didn't know if I had to do something special in the house because they were smelling every room. Thanks again.

jjjogram
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jjjogram on Apr 4, 14 3:41 AM
Hi ! I also noticed that if my peep was sick for a long time, when I couldn't check on them for several hours, their heath bar was very low - then when I cured them, it took forever for the health bar to go back up - I made sure they were cured (they said very weak, & did not indicate that they were still sick) but just to make sure, I used the Dr. stethoscope & it would say "non viral" - so I knew they were just weak from being sick so long - thanks for the hints to help them get their health bar up,because I was feeling guilty (isn't it funny how these little peeps can do that to you) I even had one son, who was 17 & was sick for a long time, I cured him, but couldn't get his health up, & then he left for college !! I felt awful that he went off to college feeling weak !

[Post New]by puppydogtails on Apr 10, 14 9:04 AM
Organic foods/groceries just like in VF 1 keeps them healthier. I would think it works in this game, too. Staying full helps with health problems. Or eating fruit you buy from the category where you can buy fruits. This game really hasn't changed all that much in those tips from VF 1. It still works the same way in this game. If they are only eating grains and even not organic foods their health does suffer, making them weak etc.

[Post New]by beauty01 on Apr 22, 14 4:49 AM
my people are low on health and energy and keep getting sick I cant raise the money high enough to see a doc ive lost 2 already.Would like to change furniture round as I put an adult bed in kids room now Im stuck with it cant move the toys off the floor kids wont play with them.How do I sell items when I want to buy a better item like a sofa?Feeling very frustrated already

[Post New]by MrsIncredible on Apr 26, 14 1:57 PM
In the original VF game, buying multivitamins could fix the weak and tired problems. I'm not sure this version has vitamins, but if it does then try that.

[Post New]by DagnyT on May 7, 14 2:37 AM
First priority is to cure your ill family member(s).

To find out what's wrong w/ them, turn your volume up so you can hear if they're coughing (cough medicine) or sneezing (antihistamine) or groaning (the pepto stuff for stomach ache -or- the pain reliever for headache) or if their voice is scratchy (throat lozenge), etc.

If you're not getting any audible clues, then pick the ill family member up and move them a little ways (like in the same room) over and over until the game tells you what's wrong with them... "Throat is scratchy" or "Can't stop coughing" or some such.

Buy and administer the appropriate medicine from the 'Food & Medicine' store.

See next note for additional tips to keep family members healthy.

[Post New]by DagnyT on May 7, 14 3:20 AM
More tips on keeping your family healthy.

Feed your family regularly. Organic groceries are nice occasionally but feeding them regularly is more important than what they eat. If your family members are low on 'Fed,' task a family member to prepare a meal (drag him/her to the kitchen island) and then ensure everyone eats.

Let them sleep. Don't keep checking in overnight else they'll wake and get busy, which is counterproductive to their health. If a family member is tired but won't sleep, check the Flea Market for some chamomile or a sleep aid.

Once your family is asleep, go away for awhile. I'm not sure if there's an actual time requirement, but an hour or so has always restored my family members from tired to happy/elated.

I've never found any benefit to administering multivitamins but your mileage may vary.

Other than curing them as quickly as possible when ill and food & sleep, the game will likely provide your family with everything else it needs in the way of exercise, sunshine/fresh air, and such.

[Post New]by blueknight1111 on May 11, 14 11:40 AM
MrsIncredible wrote:In the original VF game, buying multivitamins could fix the weak and tired problems. I'm not sure this version has vitamins, but if it does then try that.

This works in VF2 so make sure you have some multivitamins handy!

Go to: