[Post New]by wvsandy on Feb 9, 14 6:47 AM
I can't download it either.

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon here

[Post New]by iamchani on Feb 9, 14 7:33 AM
Shame on you BF. I bought the ce version and the issues were never fixed. Why put this one out for your people to buy and yet we who have the ce are waiting for a fix. Shame shame shame!!!!!!!!

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Feb 9, 14 8:52 AM
Laughing SO HARD right now. I tried to play the CE when it first came out and couldn't get past the train dude once I opened the door. Game would shut down with an access error. Just started the SE and the same exact thing happened in the same exact place. What a joke these games are becoming.

Edited on 02/09/2014 at 8:53:49 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 9, 14 9:23 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started pondprowler!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Feb 9, 14 4:18 PM
faboomama wrote:Laughing SO HARD right now. I tried to play the CE when it first came out and couldn't get past the train dude once I opened the door. Game would shut down with an access error. Just started the SE and the same exact thing happened in the same exact place. What a joke these games are becoming.

I also could not get the CE game to work. In this game (Standard), I talked to the conductor ("train dude") and opened the window for the map (with nothing on it except pix of the train cars), but the HOP in the luggage will not open. Hints are stuck. This game still has major technical problems.

[Post New]by GirlWithManyEyes on Feb 10, 14 6:35 AM
faboomama wrote:Laughing SO HARD right now. I tried to play the CE when it first came out and couldn't get past the train dude once I opened the door. Game would shut down with an access error. Just started the SE and the same exact thing happened in the same exact place. What a joke these games are becoming.

I've got the exact same issue with game crashing at this exact same spot in both the CE & the SE. Shame too because I thought the game looked interesting.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Feb 10, 14 6:54 AM
ME THREE!!! CRASHING AT TRAIN!! WITHIN 1MINUTE OF PLAYING! HELP BFG!! IT SOUNDS LIKE A PROBLEM IF MORE THEN 1 PERSON COMPLAINING? DO NOT THINK UNINSTALLING/INSTALLING WILL HELP WITH THIS ONE???

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Feb 10, 14 9:03 AM
You would think that by now BFG would iron out these probelms before they offer the games to their customers. No, they let us try to work through them and then offer hardly any help except reload game. They should be taking care of these glitches before they offer the game to their "customers".

sll24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by sll24 on Feb 10, 14 1:13 PM
can't get the game to load either - goes to where you enter your name and then crashes

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Feb 10, 14 5:25 PM
Played the demo, took a break and had to sign in again and was forced to use another player name. Bought the game, and had to sign in AGAIN using another player name. Each time I've had to start from the beginning!!! This is getting REAL old and very frustrating. I cannot possibly continue playing this way. BFG any solution?

[Post New]by odyssey52 on Feb 10, 14 8:29 PM
I just finished capturing the piper and collected a wire. The hint button took me back to the Luxury coupe and the hint button is not showing me the next step. It makes the noise but doesn't drain or anything. So I am stuck because the hint button is not working. How do I fix that?

[Post New]by cautiousnj on Feb 11, 14 8:21 AM
PLEASE TAKE THE GAME DOWN. YOU BIG FISH ARE CONTINUALLY SELLING US GAMES THAT HAVE TECHNICAL PROBLEMS AND/OR HORRIBLE GAMES. ARE YOU DOING THAT POORLY THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN COME OUT WITH A GOOD GAME ANYMORE. WE ARE PAYING A FEE MONTHLY FOR YOUR SERVICES YET WE SEEM TO BE GETTING RIPPED OFF EVERY DAY WITH ONLY GETTING REPEATED SALES OF DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF A GAME OR TECHNICAL ISSUES OF A GAME. THE MINUTE YOU KNOW THERE ARE TECHINICAL ISSUES YOU SHOULD NOT BE SELLING THE GAME ANY LONGER/ SO JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I AM HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH GETTING THE GAME TO RUN.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 11, 14 10:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that there have been some problems with the game and we are currently investigating it.

If you would like some specialized troubleshooting help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be happy to help.

We will post in the forums as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by jparslow on Feb 11, 14 12:29 PM
game freezes from the beginning have reloaded twice and still the same problem

[Post New]by mickeyzeus on Feb 11, 14 4:13 PM
These tech issues are happening more often. Why aren't they being fixed. I had someone tell me to try a game for an hour and see if it will be playable. Sometimes issues don't pop-up until after that time. I am always offered a free game, but why aren't these games being tested first. Getting tired of the same problems and the same responses.

[Post New]by cautiousnj on Feb 11, 14 4:47 PM
Please Tech people: Don't go telling us to do Dr. Felix. I have over 50 games I own from Big fish not exact on the count cause I am not going to stop and count them but close to if not more. Every one of those games work yet HAUNTED TRAIN does not. So why would I waste my time running Dr. Felix again as you always want us to do when it is all a waste of time and could possibly mess our computers up which I have done so by following those directiions. Just tell us to wait until you can resolve the issue. Otherwise your just making us do unnecessary work or possible damage to our computers and/or wastng our time by trying to keep us busy while you sort all this out. YES at times when we first set up Big fish accounts we need to do Dr. Felix but once our accounts have been set up and I have now played over thirty 30 games on this laptop already with no problems why would I go and do Dr. Felix. People wait it out until they come up with a fix. I am sure they will notify us soon. Good Luck all. Thankfully I did not buy this game this time. I would really be upset right now if I did. hahahaha

[Post New]by deaconsara on Feb 13, 14 3:16 PM
Game freezes and shuts down no matter how many times I reload the game manager or redo the installation. I want my game credit back!

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Feb 16, 14 7:11 AM
I just played and finished the CE. Thrown out of the game about 5 times. Restarted fine with only a bit of gameplay lost. For the last chapter and the Bonus, I exited (to save) every so often to try to avoid being tossed out unexpectedly. That seemed to have worked.

I would definitely not recommend the CE. The Bonus Chapter seemed just like total 'filler' for me. Couldn't wait for it to end so I could delete and forget this game.

Game started out good and the story got my attention. By the end of the second country visit (out of four), I was no longer enjoying the game. (The technical issues probably impact my opinion a lot.)

My recommendation is: Don't waste your money or PCC on this glitchy game that is, apparently, not getting fixed anytime soon. If fixed, it may be PCC-worthy.

Go to: