shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Anyone remember…

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 9, 14 11:08 AM
Love and Death Bitten? I would take the sequel to that game over this current offering in a heartbeat. Unfortunately. PlayFirst has stopped developing PC / Mac games, so the cliffhanger ending will only be solved in our imaginations.

For those unfamiliar, guess what? You played as 2 characters, the Vampire and the girl he falls for. But this story involves a love triangle -- "H*ll hath no fury like a [Vampire] scorned."

Produced only as an SE in 2010, of course it lacks many of the expected bells and whistles, but in terms of play time, clever puzzles, and story, it could stand proudly next to many CE's.

Dark Romance: Vampire in Love has potential for sure, but for me it is missing the mark. And, you see, the idea of playing as 2 characters is not all that new and unique. Besides, I thought the artwork less polished than in this developer's previous game, Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope. I bought that game because I recognized the potential for even better games to follow, so this one was a disappointment.

If you go to the Domini Games site and click on any of their games, you are brought to the BF game page. So, with the BF backing, I hope Domini keeps trying. Certainly Dark Romance: Vampire in Love is a good game that could have been great. I want to see their next effort, for sure!

Edited on 02/09/2014 at 11:45:10 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Anyone remember…

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 9, 14 12:55 PM
Hi Shorenuf,

Funnily enough, I mentioned Love & Death: Bitten in another thread here earlier today.

How can we ever forget Damon and Victoria?

I still can't believe it will end like that, indefintely. It's simply not right, because as it stands right now, they will never have their 'happy ever after' until either one or the other happens (yes, being cryptic on purpose as I don't want to spoil things for others who are not familiar with the ending).

If anyone does end up doing the long-awaited sequel, I just hope they don't ruin it as they did with the sequel to Tiger Eye: Curse of the Riddle Box.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Anyone remember…

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 17, 14 3:20 PM
The ending is as it was intended. There's no missing sequel.
Do you remember the puppet show? That was there to presage the final outcome.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Anyone remember…

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 27, 14 2:36 PM
shorenuf wrote:Love and Death Bitten? I would take the sequel to that game over this current offering in a heartbeat. Unfortunately. PlayFirst has stopped developing PC / Mac games, so the cliffhanger ending will only be solved in our imaginations.

For those unfamiliar, guess what? You played as 2 characters, the Vampire and the girl he falls for. But this story involves a love triangle -- "H*ll hath no fury like a [Vampire] scorned."

Produced only as an SE in 2010, of course it lacks many of the expected bells and whistles, but in terms of play time, clever puzzles, and story, it could stand proudly next to many CE's.

Dark Romance: Vampire in Love has potential for sure, but for me it is missing the mark. And, you see, the idea of playing as 2 characters is not all that new and unique. Besides, I thought the artwork less polished than in this developer's previous game, Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope. I bought that game because I recognized the potential for even better games to follow, so this one was a disappointment.

If you go to the Domini Games site and click on any of their games, you are brought to the BF game page. So, with the BF backing, I hope Domini keeps trying. Certainly Dark Romance: Vampire in Love is a good game that could have been great. I want to see their next effort, for sure!

LOVED that gamexxxx

Go to: