Post your TECH ISSUES for Clutter 3: Who is The Void? here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 10, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your technical problems!

Edited on 02/10/2014 at 9:12:26 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Clutter 3: Who is The Void? here

[Post New]by i34unicorn on Feb 10, 14 7:09 AM
Not sure if this is a technical issue or not. When playing the game I noticed pretty early that I can not remove the letters or the jigsaw puzzle pieces. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Feb 10, 14 7:37 AM
Hi PondProwler:
Is it possible you clicked on the "Lock Letters and Puzzle Pieces" by accident in the Options menu (available from the Main Menu?)?
If so, just unclick that option and it should let you click on the letters and puzzle pieces.

Joe

[Post New]by juttawalker on Feb 10, 14 8:31 AM
Hi i started the game and boom it cut off,anyone else?

mawhiteing
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mawhiteing on Feb 10, 14 8:50 AM
For some reason...when the game begins...I get a pop up that tells me to change my settings on my computer to 1062 x 1050. I did this and yet it still continues to request that I do this again. This pop up it smack dab in the middle of my screen and I can not proceed any further into the game because it will not go away. Very frustrated! Anyone know how to get rid of this annoyance?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 10, 14 9:12 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started pondprowler!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Feb 10, 14 9:47 AM
I played the demo using the player named "Test". I do this so I can start over if I buy the game, which I did using a PCC. When I started, I deleted "Test" and created a new player with my own name. Then I started the Void Quest. The game started me at the same spot I left off on under the "Test" name. I cannot start a new game from the beginning. Not sure what to try except to delete the game and try to reinstall. I wonder what happens if 2 people in a household want to play the same game. Apparently only one can play through at a time.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Feb 10, 14 11:04 AM
Hi Lab_Lover:
This is the developer. (The Joe of Puzzles By Joe).
1. Yes, thank you...you found a true bug.
2. If you exit the game after you create the new player and come back in the Void Quest should be reset (if you didn't play any games after creating the name).
3. I'll fix this as soon as possible.

One Note...if you've made it to the point where all the Main Menu is opened-up and playable...that will still be true even if you create a new name. (Once the menu is opened-up it stays opened-up even for a new player).

Again...create new name...exit the game, return...and the Void Quest should reset.
(You'll also notice a "Welcome" that is badly placed.

I will fix these issues and get a new copy to Big Fish as soon as possible.

Joe

squirdle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

wont play

[Post New]by squirdle on Feb 10, 14 5:29 PM
i installed the game, it started to go to game, then an error popped up, i uninstalled the game, re installed and got the same issue

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 10, 14 9:11 PM
i34unicorn wrote:Not sure if this is a technical issue or not. When playing the game I noticed pretty early that I can not remove the letters or the jigsaw puzzle pieces. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

I had this too, so thanks for having already asked so that the answer was already here when I arrived .

JoeKazz wrote:
Is it possible you clicked on the "Lock Letters and Puzzle Pieces" by accident in the Options menu (available from the Main Menu?)?
If so, just unclick that option and it should let you click on the letters and puzzle pieces.

Joe

Hello Joe - thanks for being here to answer questions ... I had that question too & came to see if anyone had mentioned this happening.

In my case, yes I had set that option on, on my way into the game, thinking that it was probably to do with locking correctly placed pieces into place when solving puzzles. I had forgotten about it by the time I started playing and found my letters stuck, so I never made the connection between the two.

I guess it's meant for those who want to increase the challenge (?) but I am glad to be able to turn it off, as the stuck letters were annoying me lol.

Btw, I already had 3 games picked out a few days ago to use punch card coupons and a gift voucher on today (Bonus Punch Monday so 3 games fills a punchcard), but I swapped one of them out for your game mainly because you had taken the time to come to the forum and answer questions ..... I would have bought it eventually anyway but wanted to buy it today rather than a future Monday, just in case first day, or week, sales numbers make any difference to anything.

ETA a suggestion.... To Joe: since you say above that you are making changes anyway .......... It could be worth editing the tutorial while you're at it - to add mention of the letter/puzzle piece locking option in that part of the tutorial where you currently just say that 'letters and coins can be collected with one click'.

(&, if I remember correctly, there's maybe a similar bit about puzzle pieces and one click too(?))

Edited on 02/10/2014 at 9:56:29 PM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Feb 11, 14 7:53 AM
The demo went fine and I liked the game enough to purchase. Now it won't play. It shuts down when I push any puzzle button. Ugh! Anyone else? I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem.

Edited on 02/11/2014 at 7:56:11 AM PST

[Post New]by sister_sleep on Feb 12, 14 3:18 PM
Two problems:
Every time I log into game it closes down, second attempt and it is ok, also In the 'picture game' every time I try to do the 'eagle picture' it crashes........ very frustrating
any help or suggestions please
love the game but not the problems

[Post New]by OpalSapphire on Feb 12, 14 6:05 PM
The game has frozen on me 3 times tonight. Each time it was at the start of a game. The only way to get it moving again was to close the game via the Task Manager and then re-opening it. Just as the Task Manager is opening, I get a brief glimpse of a game screen window which appears to be a Pause window with an OK button but its seen so briefly I am unsure that is what I'm really seeing. This Pause window certainly doesn't appear when I am in the game, or I would click it.

Fingers crossed that the re-install works because I am really enjoying the game.

Update: The re-install did not help the freezing. The freezes occur always at the start of a game, never at a different point. They have occured when I've taken too long to actually begin working the puzzle (darn Olympics keep distracting me), but they've also occurred when I've just opened a puzzle and tried clicking immediately when the game was set and ready to go. I'm not using the timer, but have not changed any other setting.

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 7:31:09 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 14, 14 3:10 AM
Not exactly a *problem* with the game, but kind of a problem....with the game. LOL its more like on the Big Fish end? I am wondering what happened to being able to see our registration codes for games that we have bought.

I am trying to keep track of them just inc ase anything ever happens, because I ever since I had hit around 100 games or so from over the years I've been so afraid of anything happening....

So I went to find my registration code for Clutter 3 & I don't see it anywhere. I then began to scroll back for a couple of months & I dont see any. I DO see all of my order numbers, of course. Just not the software key codes.

I believe that it had always been that we'd get either an email with that info on it or maybe access it from within our accounts online. I have checked both of those places & I cant find it. I just have a really terrible track record with insane things happening to my computers and I feel like I need to always keep meticulous track of registration codes, key codes, etc. just in case.

I also wonder if I save my game to CD & for some reason need to reinstall someday if I'd be able to access it without said information?

Edited on 02/14/2014 at 3:13:36 AM PST

Game stops working on slider puzzles

[Post New]by BeachLady704 on Feb 18, 14 6:23 PM
I'm done with the quest and playing through the extra games. When playing either a horizontal or vertical slider game, if I drag a slider bar too far to the left or top of the screen, I get an error message that Clutter3.exe has stopped working. I have to close the game and start over. Very frustrating to go back in and find where I left off.

crofootski
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by crofootski on Feb 19, 14 1:18 PM
Same thing for me, BeachLady, I think. I didn't realize it was by moving the pieces too far off the board. Clutter.exe stopped working is the message I get. (Maybe Clutter3.exe)

Game stops working on slider puzzles

[Post New]by warmglassgirl on Feb 22, 14 11:15 AM
BeachLady704 wrote:I'm done with the quest and playing through the extra games. When playing either a horizontal or vertical slider game, if I drag a slider bar too far to the left or top of the screen, I get an error message that Clutter3.exe has stopped working. I have to close the game and start over. Very frustrating to go back in and find where I left off.

I've experienced the same issue as well. Hopefully Joe will post a new version with bug fixes.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Feb 22, 14 12:33 PM
Hi Warmglassgirl:

That has definitely been fixed and has been released by Big Fish.

I think only critical fixes go through their "updates" process...so I believe you have to reinstall it to get this fix. I was able to uninstall and then install it again and update that way.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for asking....Joe

[Post New]by tickledpinkfish on Feb 27, 14 2:31 AM
Hi

Firstly I want to say how much I am enjoying this game, great fun and with very challenging puzzles.

Secondly, unfortunately I think one of the sliding puzzles has a bug in it (insanity 5 -17) I get pretty close to the end of finishing the vertical slices when it seems as though one of the slices is "stuck" and you can't attach anything to it. Even when every other vertical slice is attached, you cannot finish it by attaching the last slice! Most annoying because it means you cannot move on to the horizontal slices and have to skip the puzzle altogether. Also there is a tendency for the completed sections of picture to "cling" to the right hand side leaving large "gaps" in the puzzle.

I have been through all the sliding puzzles and this was the only one I had a technical problem with.

Hopefully you are able to fix this as I would like to "completely" complete all the puzzles.

Best wishes

anniebird
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by anniebird on Mar 2, 14 11:05 AM
This same thing is happening to me in Insanity 2 -- it's happened on two puzzles now and the only choice I have is to restart the puzzle - I love difficult puzzles - I don't necessarily want to do them twice.
Anyone know a fix for this?
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game to get the update so that won't help

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 11:39:18 AM PST

Go to: