FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Level 15

[Post New]by FeyKina on Feb 10, 14 8:41 PM
This is brilliant game, but cannot finish due 15, get close, but cannot complete it.
After a week of trying I figured I'd ask and see if there any suggestions besides clearing sands in 3 moves and getting really lucky!
Anyone?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 15

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 11, 14 7:11 PM
I'm going to assume you mean the challenge mode version of level 15. The main trick to this level is [spoiler] save it for last. Go through the rest of the game first. There are about 2-3 boards in every country that aren't winnable until you've gone through the rest of the game, but the chances of winning them go up after that. I got all the stars in the first two countries right away but completed Africa third and then mostly worked backwards through the countries. If you aren't having luck in a board after about six tries, move on to another and come back to it later. [end spoiler]
Good luck!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Feb 16, 14 11:41 PM
Thanks for your help...gives me hope!
I have about 8 challenge modes left to go, will give them a few more tries.
This is an amazing game I agree.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 17, 14 9:26 AM
You're welcome. There are a few challenge boards that I just couldn't do without using the powerups. The bombs are by far the most useful and the powerups come back on all the boards that have them once you unlock the challenge mode, so it can be worth it to go back and replay boards in common mode to get a few more powerups if you're running low on them. Unfortunately the powerups only regenerate once, so you can't keep doing this.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Feb 20, 14 7:41 PM
I took your advice and kept going, and am down to the last 3 challenge levels. Just when they seem impossible, you get a win. I did go back and get all the powerups and you are right the bombs are ones you want to keep for last levels!

I am all out of PU's now, but the tough levels do not let you use them anyway...So still trudging cross the tundra, level by level

If you did not reply here I would have given up, a shame after all that effort.

thanks again.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 21, 14 7:11 AM
Good to hear that you've made more progress. I think I'd play the game more if it didn't seem like it was more a luck instead of skill thing on many of the challenge boards. Hang in there, you'll get those last 3 boards eventually! It may just take a few days because it's like I was mentioning earlier, if you don't win in a certain amount of tries, it just becomes an exercise in frustration, so better to leave it and come back later to have better chances. I did manage to win level 15 in 9 moves once, so it is possible to fluke it to where you don't have to use all 10 moves, but usually you do.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Feb 22, 14 7:36 PM
I finally got 15, but have to say that 65,70,75 are going nowhere and I feel that my luck has run out....I give up for now. good luck to anyone with the patience to continue.

Go to: