april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Valentine's Event is Here

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 10, 14 9:28 PM
Valentine's is finally here!!! Yeah!!! Looks like we will really busy for a while with this one. DONT FORGET, just like the Christmas event, DO NOT accept the reward from quests until you have stocked up on as many of the item as you need. For example, 1st quest is in bird sanctuary. It gives you a Letter. Get as many letters as you can before you accept reward. You may not get another chance at the item if you do. Have fun everyone!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Valentine's Event is Here

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 11, 14 2:06 AM
Fortunately, this time the items do not seem to disappear after you collect the reward, as was the case at Christmas. Hooray! The carnations are still at the hotel and the letter at the birds. They also seem to be in other locations as well.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 11, 14 4:35 AM
Yes, but there's one missing from each set. They will probably give us those one at a time like at Christmas. Once I accepted the reward for the birds game, Im no longer getting the letter, but still have it in the last new city. Just to be safe Im going to stock up on a few before I accept the rewards this time.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Feb 11, 14 4:39 AM
I will try the hotel again. I didn't even know I got the carnations until way after I accepted the rewards. I sure hope that I can still get the flowers. I am guessing though that the new mini games give us stuff for valentines day. This could be why they gave us all the extra resources???

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 11, 14 5:56 AM
In the birds game, I tried the old trick that several people have mentioned about just clicking on a square repeatedly until the item appears - it worked!

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Feb 11, 14 5:57 AM
The carnations are staying put at the hotel. I've been there 3 times and they have shown up in my collection each time. Not so much the items in the mini-games. I haven't been able to get 2 from the same game, but have received doubles of the usual item (posh pashmina scarf).
Am sooooo happy to finally find Aylene's cousin and get the Red Mine open. Now can I please have a quest that requires I give someone 50 or 100 Grand Canyon Stamps?

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 11, 14 6:00 AM
For me, even after collecting the reward, the carnations are still available in the hotel as well as the letter in the bird sanctuary. It will be nice if this trend continues throughout the entire event...perhaps they listened to some of the complaints made about the Christmas event.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Feb 11, 14 6:27 AM
I like the newest update that they had this morning. I finally can play again for as long as I want to, whatever was making my computer over heat before is now gone. I just spent close to 1 hour playing and no issues. So lets hope they leave the game alone for now.

mammym
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mammym on Feb 11, 14 7:25 AM
I played Matthews yact many times to get the cameo and got carnations, tulips and, I think, roses every time I played.

osomom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by osomom on Feb 11, 14 8:05 AM
Hello All, Happy Valentines event! Hopefully this time everything goes well...3rd times a charm. Is there any one complete collection to be made yet? I know its the 1st day, and I have found many items, so i'm not complaining, just want to make sure I haven't missed something. The only mini game I have gotten a collectible from is the new Birds-18. There is also a new game in the photography shop for 18 film, but i've played it several times and not gotten any reward? Any responses would be helpful.

Thanks, BF and BZ for the updates...appreciate getting the rewards from Xmas. Can we anticipate them for Thanksgiving also? If we could get credited for the achievements also that would be awesome. I still show 1 quest short for both holidays even though I completed both. Those 2 additional achievements would complete my 150 for the next level. Anyone else in the same boat? I really enjoy this game and play alot, so thanks for the hours of fun!

osomom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by osomom on Feb 11, 14 8:09 AM
Another quick question after reading mammy's post. I only got the cameo 1 time and am at the master level in the new yacht scene. Are many of you getting multiple cameos, or only once like me?? Same thing with GW Carver stamp. Only gto that 2 times then no more ??

mammym
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mammym on Feb 11, 14 11:23 AM
I made sure not to collect the reward and played until I got 10 cameos. Haven't played since I got the reward so don't know if they are still available.

mammym
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mammym on Feb 11, 14 2:07 PM
I just played Matthew's yacht after claiming the reward and no more cameos. I guess you can't accept the reward if you want more than one of a rare item.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 11, 14 2:48 PM
cissyr1768 wrote:I like the newest update that they had this morning. I finally can play again for as long as I want to, whatever was making my computer over heat before is now gone. I just spent close to 1 hour playing and no issues. So lets hope they leave the game alone for now.
Hey cissy - that's great! So pleased that your problem is solved

Go to: