bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 11, 14 12:29 AM
Fear lingers in a remote laboratory after a physicist's suspicious demise. A police investigation resulted in nothing except a case as cold as the secretive personalities and steel walls that enshroud a top-secret Tesla-inspired facility. That's why the lab owner asked you, Detective Nancy Drew, to expose the terrifying truth about The Deadly Device!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 11, 14 1:29 AM
Why is there never a trial version for nancy drew dont think i`ve ever played or bought one of these games simply for that reason, how would i know if i like it or not

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Feb 11, 14 1:46 AM
Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch has a 1 hour trial. At least you can try to see if it's the type of game you would enjoy playing. Secret of Shadow Ranch is a lot of fun, I think you'd enjoy it.

Enjoy!!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 11, 14 2:24 AM
Hi giddiup101,
thanks so much for letting me know, i`ll go find it and give it a go

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 11, 14 3:55 AM
Thanks too from me giddiup101, I always wanted to try one too

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 11, 14 4:35 AM
I have tried various Nancy Drew games over the years and have yet to find one that I can actually play. Without a trial version I will be avoiding this one; guess I've learned my lesson. The two I own will never be finished.....wish I had known about Shadow Ranch, I could have saved myself a lot of money and frustration! They always sound so easy until you actually get into them.....

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 11, 14 4:36 AM
The only problem is that a trial from another game in the series might not really give you enough sense of the current game. I've played Nancy Drew trials before, but I wouldn't buy any game without demoing it first. Note to developers.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Feb 11, 14 4:45 AM
Here's another one that has a demo: Nancy Drew: The Final Scene.

I agree, it's frustrating not being able to demo these games. There are so many great ones i wish you guys could try. Watch out, they are VERY addicting...

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Feb 11, 14 5:33 AM
Good morning fishies

There is a walk-through at some other sites. Try Google,

lea

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 11, 14 5:59 AM
I have bought quite a few Nancy Drew games and as for walkthroughs, there are sites with them all. One site is very popular and you will find all the Nancy Drew game walkthroughs there.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Feb 11, 14 6:33 AM
Same with me...no demo, no buy.

wvdeedee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wvdeedee on Feb 11, 14 6:34 AM
Some of the Nancy Drew games are better than others. I am not a huge fan of games where you have to pick the conversations. Also, this is an older game. It was released in October 2012.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 11, 14 6:44 AM
Thanks for the info wvdeedee on release date.
Some games are better than others in the Nancy Drew series. Its a shame no demo so you can decide.
I've bought a few of them and a couple I wish I hadn't. They can be trying for even a brainiac person. I always end up looking for a walkthrough for help.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Feb 11, 14 6:50 AM
giddiup101 wrote:Here's another one that has a demo: Nancy Drew: The Final Scene.

I agree, it's frustrating not being able to demo these games. There are so many great ones i wish you guys could try. Watch out, they are VERY addicting...

I agree. I have many of the Nancy Drew games and the are VERY addicting And there are sites on Google that can be of help with a general idea of the game before purchase, and walkthroughs after purchase. None of the Nancy Drew games are standard HOPA games. They're large file adventure games and they are difficult and can be frustrating. I suggest trying another large file game with a demo or one or two of the Nancy Drew ones with a demo, as they all follow the same sort of point and click adventure scenario.

Marciepie
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Marciepie on Feb 11, 14 8:10 AM
Too bad there is no demo. I'm not risking buying a game that I can't try, if for no other reason than the fact that it might not work properly for me. No demo, no buy.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Feb 11, 14 8:18 AM
Finally!

So very pleased to see this, I have all the others on here and really looking forward to this. For those of you who haven't tried a Nancy Drew, don't forget you can use a PCC on one, which make for incredible value as they are almost all a really good length. I can't see why these wouldn't run, I used to play them on my really old and outdated laptop. Because they don't use loads of special effects etc, they should run fine for most people I would think.

I just hope this one has plenty of puzzles and maybe a replayable game or two, I got totally addicted to the board games in Tomb of the Lost Queen and The Captive Curse games.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 11, 14 8:33 AM
i did get a PM from cbtx ( thanks again , much appreciated ) telling me of two other sites that you can trial ND but not sure if i`m allowed to mention them on BFG if i`m allowed then i will , seems like me, a few others need to try before they buy

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 11, 14 8:45 AM
I have the same issue as everyone else--no demo, no buying. Just because I know how Nancy Drew games run doesn't mean that certain games can't have glitches that I'd prefer to know about before purchasing, that it will run on my computer (I've had problems with games that weren't glitchy for the majority of fishies) or that it won't cause other issues. For example, a lot of games have scenes with flickering colors or flashing light. I prefer to avoid purchasing such games, because of epilepsy. But games rarely come with epilepsy warning labels. Demos are a good way of finding out what the game is like AND safeguarding my health.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Feb 11, 14 8:48 AM
spenny1 wrote:Finally!

So very pleased to see this, I have all the others on here and really looking forward to this. For those of you who haven't tried a Nancy Drew, don't forget you can use a PCC on one, which make for incredible value as they are almost all a really good length. I can't see why these wouldn't run, I used to play them on my really old and outdated laptop. Because they don't use loads of special effects etc, they should run fine for most people I would think.

I just hope this one has plenty of puzzles and maybe a replayable game or two, I got totally addicted to the board games in Tomb of the Lost Queen and The Captive Curse games.

Hi Spenny1.

.If you check the main site (that which must not be named)lol.. you'll find all the mini games from each ND game. They are all free to play online.. just go under Play.

edited: maybe not all but a few..

Edited on 02/11/2014 at 9:04:02 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Feb 11, 14 9:03 AM
Nancy Drew games are not created by BFG, that is why there is no trial version. I have been playing Nancy Drew games ever since they started coming out and love everyone of them.

Go to: