basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

tips for scoring?

[Post New]by basmith12 on Feb 11, 14 4:53 PM
Can anyone offer any tips for getting the second star (scoring amount)? I remember seeing something about the continuous stroke or not individual moves. Is there a time for higher score. I have no mistakes and am fairly quick as I love this type game but for some reason cannot achieve the 2nd star after the first few levels. I have been completed one color and then going to next color is this possibly where I am going wrong? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance!

Re:tips for scoring?

[Post New]by Kastenbier on Feb 12, 14 11:21 PM
If you click and drag you get more points so you can get big points if you can find the single tiles and put all the pins in that row at once (or vice versa)! It also adds up just dragging for 2 or 3 tiles though.

dachsy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dachsy on Feb 20, 14 10:18 PM
Kastenbier wrote:If you click and drag you get more points so you can get big points if you can find the single tiles and put all the pins in that row at once (or vice versa)! It also adds up just dragging for 2 or 3 tiles though.

Concur strongly with the above post. That is definitely the only way to increase your scoring. I have played the first 25 levels and have achieved 3 stars in every board. However, boards 8 and 13 were the hardest ones to obtain the required score. You just have to work things a bit different from what you've done previously, switching often between the two colours to make use of that feature also helps. I also managed to complete all 25 boards without using any powerups! I did lose a few lives along the way however, so just had to wait a few hours to get the lives back before playing again. So fishies that say it can't be done without having to buy powerups need to revisit it.

[Post New]by jennifer1497 on Apr 23, 14 1:32 PM
Also, when you are able to place a tile in one direction, look in the other direction before you do. Often, that single tile will tell you where two or more need to go the other way. Drag to place the two or more rather than click to place the single and then add another in the other direction.

Edited on 04/23/2014 at 1:34:32 PM PST

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Apr 24, 14 5:12 PM
Look for the long strings just before you finish the puzzle. Look for places where you can get 7 or better in a row, as often as possible. Look for the rows where you can click 1 or 2 blanks and then color the whole row, or visa versa. The puzzles that offer a 2X type square, see if you can get most of that row or column. Single squares have 1 value number, each square that you can add to the drag, exponentially increases the score. I've had rows give me scores of several hundreds.

[Post New]by ndproducelady on May 5, 14 2:26 PM
Look for the 2X, 3X or 5X on the tiles, but make sure that the multiplying tiles are hit early in a long line. The score will add up fast that way. I also make a grid of each puzzle. That way if I don't get it right away, I can refer to my grid and get the best score I can. Good Luck

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 6, 14 12:02 PM
Fantastic job providing all those tips, everyone! This will definitely help newcomers to the game get acclimated more quickly.

Keep up the great work

bfgWendwater

Go to: