Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 13, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your technical problems!

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 9:06:46 AM PST

mazza1608
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mazza1608 on Feb 13, 14 12:36 AM
The game is running slow and jerky. How can I stop this?

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 13, 14 2:45 AM
Mazza - I too have the same problem - hope someone has an answer!

dpanrell
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dpanrell on Feb 13, 14 2:52 AM
I am also having the same problem.

g8rgrljen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by g8rgrljen on Feb 13, 14 3:19 AM
Me too..

Babefish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Babefish on Feb 13, 14 4:05 AM
me too

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 13, 14 4:11 AM
I tried adjusting screen resolution, no difference. I am going to try play as administrator. Maybe even uninstall and reinstall. Looked at all suggestions under HELP - if all else fails will send Dr. report. Lastly, ask for game credit! Hopefully it won't come to that. I really would like to play this game. Good luck all!

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Feb 13, 14 5:05 AM
Same issues with slow running, etc. Re-install did not fix.

Shall wait for a patch.

Enjoy Mystery Trackers games immensely. Elephant Games is consistently excellent and deserve my patience. Not a problem. I'll check back.

Thanks!

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 13, 14 5:13 AM
Hopefully these suggestions will help some of you: I tried adjusting screen resolution, checked my java update, adobe flash, direct x, and made adjustments for my system. I couldn't do play game as administrator as windows 8 doesn't have it. I went back into game after and game is running smooth now. Try looking at Help - the suggestions there really do Help!!!

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Feb 13, 14 5:58 AM
Turning off the custom cursor & the special effects under the "Other" tab helps, as does going into the Windows Task Manager & allotting more system resources to the game while it's running . . .

wygate
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by wygate on Feb 13, 14 8:09 AM
I too am having problems with the game running slowly and jerkily. Will a patch be issued as I don't think we should have to try all the suggestions to get the game to run properly.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Feb 13, 14 8:56 AM
Third game in a row that will not download! Pretty frustrating. Only solution I've found that worked is to delete game manager, restart computer, then install game which reinstalls game manager. It's worked before but why is it necessary? Will update if that resolves the problem......

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 13, 14 9:06 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

blkjkdlr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by blkjkdlr on Feb 13, 14 11:35 AM
Running slow and jerky Big Fish people its up to you to fix this problem

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Running Slow & Jerky

[Post New]by A1psyko on Feb 13, 14 12:06 PM
I agree with others. Big Fish this is your and game producers problem. Hope a patch is coming soon. Would like to purchase but not until issues are fixed.

[Post New]by mysticdippy on Feb 13, 14 1:10 PM
hi! I am running windows 7, 64 bit. All my drivers are current. I did all that your help and support suggestions. I also did Dr. Felix, however I can not seem to get to the ATTACHMENT area to post my file.

My game is also jerky. I changed cursor which indeed made my hand faster but not the game. Very frustrating. Please fix or explain why this is happening please.
Thank you

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 1:12:07 PM PST

asail
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by asail on Feb 13, 14 1:30 PM
I could not earn the achievement for finishing all the mini games without a skip because the game where you make the potion would not work. I could not pick up the blue test tube or the green one to make the mixture. Therefore I had to skip. Has anyone else had this problem?

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Feb 13, 14 2:36 PM
My problem is it keeps freezing up and I have to force quit my computer which is a Mac Book Pro. Then when I restart I have to download the game again to play. This is extremely irritating.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 13, 14 3:29 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you are all having these freezing issues

We have some great information about how to troubleshoot this issue in the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still having these freezing issues, you can certainly contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be happy to help get this sorted out.

Hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by sw8_one on Feb 13, 14 5:08 PM
Game won't even launch. I double click the icon on my desktop and it does nothing. So I open the game manager, click the play button, it tells me that the game is already playing. Can't delete because it's playing. Hmmm, restart the system (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650, Intel Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU, available memory 8154MB RAM, all drivers updated and windows upgraded to 8.1).

Open the game manager and click play, it closes the game manager, wait a bit, oh look, game manager has reopened to the come play again window. Wish I had played the game to begin with, but whatever.

I am now reinstalling the game. Any other suggestions? This system hasn't had any problems with any game prior to this.

Go to: