BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Developer

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 13, 14 1:46 AM
I'm glad BFG listed the developer as Elephant Games
and hope they will list the developer for future games
right there on the TGT page with the rest of the game information.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Developer

[Post New]by CiChDa on Feb 13, 14 2:07 AM
I agree

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 13, 14 2:09 AM
Yes, it's wonderful news, isn't it? Hope it's a new trend. No harm comes of it, and many of us wouldn't even demo some games by developers we trust. Or don't like.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 13, 14 2:16 AM
BF has a special relationship with certain developers, EG being one. I think that is why they are mentioned in the game page description.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Feb 13, 14 2:38 AM
I agree. There should be a tab or something where games are listed by developers.
Many times I find myself searching for games by certain developers.
Great idea and thank you BFG for mentioning Elephant games on the title page

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Feb 13, 14 9:01 AM
shorenuf wrote:BF has a special relationship with certain developers, EG being one. I think that is why they are mentioned in the game page description.

I agree with shorenuf. I've been with BFG for several years and it has only been in the last couple that they will allow developers names to even be mentioned in the reviews column. They will delete it out. This happened to me as recent as a couple weeks ago. I too was surprised to see them state it is an Elephant game on the game page. You usually have to read the reviews (or go online and google the game) in hopes someone mentions it and it doesn't get "bleeped" out.

BFG, this would be a wonderful touch to your website. Many of us have our favorite developers, and many of us also like to support new developers to financially help them in making better games. This would also keep us from having to go to other game sites trying to see who the developer is. A few of the other sites do post it. I would like to stay on the BFG site for all my game information.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 13, 14 9:49 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone!

This really sounds like a good idea and I'll be sure to pass that along. It's possible that could be taken into consideration should changes be made to the website in the future.

Great job!

bfgWendwater

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 13, 14 11:03 AM
There used to be quite a long list in a thread in the old Chit Chat Corner containing the developers we were (or were not) allowed to mention.

This is the first time I've seen Big Fish make mention of a game by specifically naming the developer and I'm assuming it's as a result of new agreements having been signed by the parties. Let's hope it's a trend that will continue, as it does make things a lot more identifiable.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 13, 14 1:03 PM
Tiger2010 wrote:There used to be quite a long list in a thread in the old Chit Chat Corner containing the developers we were (or were not) allowed to mention.

Yep, that was helpful, although still confusing as not always persistent.
And quite often the Dev's could post in the game fora under their company name.

But the first mention on a game DL page that I've seen that officially showed that BFG is aware that there are Dev's out there was "From the creators of the Dark Parables series!" in Nov. 2013 for "Cursery: The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat CE".
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/25164/cursery-the-crooked-man-and-crooked-cat-ce/index.html

(It's Blue Tea Games, and they are allowed to be mentioned AFAIK )

Seeing that these days in almost all CE's a group of BFG people is mentioned in the game credits as "Production Group", maybe the Dev's of these (= more and more) games can be mentioned...
Until then, one can only use added spaces, underscores or the like to describe them. Or find the info somewhere else.

MildewWolf wrote:I remember a post from someone in the old forums that said there is a secret trick to get this site to list games by developer - unfortunately I can't remember what it is. I think each dev has its own code number and if you manipulate a URL just right the site will list all games that have that code attached. Anyone else have a clue what I'm talking about?

Yes and no: Yes, that seems to be the "syntax" of the Dev-URL at BFG.
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/developers/<internal dev-number>/index.html

And no, you don't find the list of numbers here; the Developers pages aren't mentioned on BFG's site map either. The best chance to find them at BFG is to bookmark the sites, when BFG has a Developer sale with the listing of this Dev's games.
Or if you don't want to wait, you can google that first part of the address (up to the unknown numbers).

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Feb 13, 14 1:14 PM
Just an idea for people interested in the developers:

I liked and followed my favorites on Facebook. Not only do you get upcoming game information, some of the companies post scenes from games they are working on and some of them advertise for beta testers on FB.

There's one company in particular that asked for beta testers on FB about a year ago, I applied and have beta'd all their new releases since then. Many more games then I've ever been offered to beta in the years I've belonged to Big Fish. Just a perk I guess, if you like that sort of thing.

I like seeing what the different devs are up to and knowing they're got a biggie getting ready to be released soon.

Go to: