elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

Please recommend more games like these

[Post New]by elizaew on Feb 13, 14 9:28 AM
Hi - I normally don't play HOG games but these are well written and have gorgeous graphics, the puzzles aren't too hard, the stories are great, and the HOGs provide you with things you need so they make sense.

I have now played every Blue tea game I could find, including the Enlightenus (which are nowhere near as good) and the Macabre curse of nightingale which was great.

What other game designer makes games like these?

Re:Please recommend more games like these

[Post New]by nieakitty on Feb 13, 14 10:19 PM
Hmmm... even I am having a hard time answering you this one. I have played over 20 different companies, and none does the same as Dark Parables. However, I may be able to recommend a few companies in the 2013 that seems to surpass Blue Tea both story wise and hidden object wise. One I believe surprised me, it would me Mad House - Nevertales. That game has been deemed in many awards in the last years all casual game of the year. Another company would be Artifex Mundi- Nightmares from the deep. However, that's not a detective story wise. Overall, one thing that may tickle your tongue is Elephant Games - Chimera. I hope this helps you.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Feb 15, 14 1:29 PM
Nieakitty - I will try your suggestions. Thank you!

[Post New]by the_golden_bird on Feb 18, 14 10:31 AM
Elephant's Chimeras is beautiful I would recommend it as well.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Feb 19, 14 7:57 PM
Elephant Games does a great job as well. Can someone tell me if there are a lot of HOG's in this game and or recommend games that have fewer HOG's in them not a big fan of one after another.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Feb 20, 14 7:03 PM
elizaew can you recommend some game that have little or no HOG's or at least a match 3 or other choice if you don't want to do them? I am sooo tired of HOG's
thank you for your help

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Feb 20, 14 7:04 PM
elizaew can you recommend some game that have little or no HOG's or at least a match 3 or other choice if you don't want to do them? I am sooo tired of HOG's
thank you for your help

[Post New]by the_golden_bird on Feb 26, 14 7:08 PM
I know queens tales has a match 3 option, but its nowhere near as good as the dark parables games.

[Post New]by the_golden_bird on Mar 4, 14 9:56 PM
I also feel like elephant's grim tales may have fewer HOGs but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, they're full of beautiful artwork and can be pretty fun if you don't mind a less innovative storyline than the dark parables games.

Go to: