i am ver stuck at the decoder part! please help!

[Post New]by moopsters21 on Mar 18, 09 1:10 PM
okie ive started over three times just to get to the coding part. but everytime i get to the part i cant seem to get it right! ive followed the directions for from the tips and tricks, but its no use. i still cant figure it out. someone please help me out!

Re:i am ver stuck at the decoder part! please help!

[Post New]by leslieangeletos on Mar 18, 09 1:13 PM
what decoder? where are you?

[Post New]by moopsters21 on Mar 18, 09 2:56 PM
leslieangeletos wrote:what decoder? where are you?

jano's room. at the inn.

Memaslove
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Memaslove on Mar 18, 09 4:28 PM
Check gameboomers.com for the walk through it shows you how. The first part you have to change
the letters to septe and make sure to change roman numerals as follow 2 5 1 3 4 if they are not, just pick them up and place in right order, next you need to type from uarcqrvdutdckohqyvikyuqq, oh make sure to use the pencil on the paper to see these letters, next take envelope out of drawer check the date with mag. glass which is august, take out Janos note and examine it with mag. glass, then follow the same as above changing septe to augus, and 2 5 4 1 3, and type a few lines that is on the other paper starting from ygrow etc.
memaslove

Edited on 03/18/2009 at 4:32:30 PM PST

[Post New]by moopsters21 on Mar 19, 09 6:30 PM
okie, i know this is going to sound really dumb and stupid... BUT do i put the codes 1 and 2 together? instead of typing it separately? and how would i know if its right one?

Edited on 03/19/2009 at 6:31:17 PM PST

nurtom
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by nurtom on Mar 20, 09 7:48 AM
r u still stuck do you have the gamewalkthrough.

[Post New]by moopsters21 on Mar 20, 09 10:22 AM
nurtom wrote:r u still stuck do you have the gamewalkthrough.

lol. i figured it out. =)

[Post New]by iriecats on Mar 31, 09 3:24 PM
i too am totally stuck and ready to call it quitts
i tried the walk through but i must be really dumb-i put in the roman numerals,set letters to septe
and typed 5 rows !!!of letters ,but all i get is a long line of new letters that dont make sense -not one word
please someone help

dreamlass
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by dreamlass on Apr 1, 09 6:32 AM
iriecats wrote:i too am totally stuck and ready to call it quitts
i tried the walk through but i must be really dumb-i put in the roman numerals,set letters to septe
and typed 5 rows !!!of letters ,but all i get is a long line of new letters that dont make sense -not one word
please someone help

if you go to the other posts earlier you will find we all had the same trouble you have to just keep decoding septe first and then the other one augus until father says he knows the enemies, you decode at least 5 lines on the first one and then keep going on the second one till he talks. make sure you have given the boy the gramaphone first and swapped for the slingshot. then just keep decoding until father arno speaks.
keep going i know how frustrating this one is i spent at least a week with breaks just doing it.
good luck
cheers

lexx428
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:I am Giving up!!!!!!!!! lol

[Post New]by lexx428 on Jun 5, 09 1:58 PM
I have tried to decode Janos 50 times and got the letter and have done the first part right (Vladoviste) but I keep coming up with "Munch" for the second part. I think I have the wrong roman numerals is all the problem. I am using II V IV I III but it is not correct!!!

Omg can anyone HELP!!! LOL Thanks Lexx428

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 5, 09 2:26 PM
II V IV I III is correct. What code letters have you worked out to go with it? [Not SEPTE]

lexx428
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lexx428 on Jun 5, 09 2:32 PM
A U G U S

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 5, 09 2:42 PM
Since that's correct too, it must be what you're typing. You would appear to be misreading or getting out of order one or more of your letters.

lexx428
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lexx428 on Jun 5, 09 2:43 PM
it is coming up MUNCH instead of MUNICH which is correct

lexx428
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lexx428 on Jun 5, 09 2:44 PM
okay thanks for the reply I appreciate it Have a Good Day!! CHOW !!!!

lexx428
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:i am very stuck at the decoder part! please help!

[Post New]by lexx428 on Jun 9, 09 6:16 AM
Hello all!

I cannot believe I am still stuck on Jano's Decoder. I have the walkthrough and have followed it to a tea. I have even restarted the whole game over. Is there some trick to this as I am REALLY getting ready to just quit. Thanks for any helpful info as I have gotten before but I just dont know what to do am VERY Frustrated OMG

Thanks, Lexx428

lexx428
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re I am ver stuck at the decoder part! please help!

[Post New]by lexx428 on Jun 9, 09 6:20 AM
what is the message after decoding does anyone know so maybe I can figure what is wrong as I get Vladoviste then a bunch of letters that are mixed

lexx428
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lexx428 on Jun 9, 09 7:31 AM
FINALLY got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You have to keep typing letters on the second AUGUS until Fater Arno talks and also have the Slingshot... YAHOOOOO!!!

Thanks all for the help lol

Go to: